Andres Gurrieri back on trial | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Andres Gurrieri back on trial

M

MidtownRules

Happy with this, we certainly need a winger or two.
I hope he impresses and doesn't want too much money.

Mar 21, 2008
Burton fans were very unimpressed by him last season from what I remember, looking at Burton as a team last year they were dropping like a stone as soon as their 2 quality forwards were injured right until the end of the season, I wouldn't say their rejects are a terribly good place to be looking for new players,

Just another tick in the 'uncompetitive budget' box for me i'm afraid.

Nov 24, 2011
Just watched a video of him online and seems to have a good touch, always wants the ball and can pick a pass, our midfield badly need that type of player going forward. Hope he does well and sign's up!

Nov 11, 2006
Really pleased to hear this. He was outstanding against QPR last season. He destroyed their right back - got to the byeline repeatedly, putting in dangerous balls accross their 6 yeard box. We just had nobody to get on the end of them. Also put himself about. Got a standing ovasion when he went off if I remember rightly.

Don't know what went wrong for him at Burton, he did look poor against us. Sometimes it just doesn't work out for even the best players at some clubs. Maybe we're the right club for him.

S

Sporting Lipson

I still cant get my head around the fact that we are looking at players released from the likes of Burton Albion or some Welsh league.
Head out of sand :sad:

Apr 4, 2004
PAFC+":161qy8fq said:
Really pleased to hear this. He was outstanding against QPR last season. He destroyed their right back - got to the byeline repeatedly, putting in dangerous balls accross their 6 yeard box. We just had nobody to get on the end of them. Also put himself about. Got a standing ovasion when he went off if I remember rightly.

Don't know what went wrong for him at Burton, he did look poor against us. Sometimes it just doesn't work out for even the best players at some clubs. Maybe we're the right club for him.

I agree. He also played some very neat shorter balls inside to midfield and strikers. I thought he was the one that got away last season. I reckon he has to play in a side that keeps the ball down and moves it around. Don't know much about Burton last year but maybe they played a style that just didn't suite him.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Not meaning to hijack the thread but was there any reasons behind not signing the RB/CM guy we had on trial last week? Seemed decent enough.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Tugboat":2zrubf1b said:
Not meaning to hijack the thread but was there any reasons behind not signing the RB/CM guy we had on trial last week? Seemed decent enough.

Clearly not in Fletcher's eyes.

Mar 21, 2008
Nobby":3v09gtxv said:
Tugboat":3v09gtxv said:

Not in the players eyes you mean.

I get the impression that we were keen and the feeling wasn't mutual.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Rob_GT4":3vqmlro2 said:
Nobby":3vqmlro2 said:
Tugboat":3vqmlro2 said:

Not in the players eyes you mean.

I get the impression that we were keen and the feeling wasn't mutual.
Slightly more believable

Mar 21, 2008
I asked a Burton fan whether we should be disappointed if we signed Guerreri not expecting too good a reaction and surprisingly got this:

'I wouldn't be disappointed, he wasn't really given much of a chance for us. If he did sign I think he'd do well for you, he's a nippy player who is capable of doing some damage. Shame it never really happened when he was with us.'

Kind of confirms what we already know about him from his couple of performances I guess but certainly not really negative.