Adams expects his players in good shape! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams expects his players in good shape!

A

ArgyleMatty1991

Carl Barnard":giifzwyb said:
Like what I have heard from the manager so far, so refreshing from Sheridan.
Can't wait for the season to start now.

Let's hope he walks as well as he talks! Excited for the season to start for the first time in ages!

Nov 2, 2004
He also says he wants most of his signings in place for the start of pre season.That would mean a very busy 4 days.He will need at least 5 more players.3 midfielders another wide player and cover at right back.This strikes me as a minimum.

To echo other responses, I'm glad he's pushing from the off, means the competition for places will be strong. I am really looking forward to 4 at the back, because we have 3 fantastic centre-halves and the fact that none of them will have a definite place under DA should push them to perform as well as possible.

Although on that note, is Nelson still captain? Guessing his spot is safe if he is, but can see DA reassessing that when training is under way.

C

Cobi Budge.

ealinggreen":szpamw6q said:
He also says he wants most of his signings in place for the start of pre season.That would mean a very busy 4 days.He will need at least 5 more players.3 midfielders another wide player and cover at right back.This strikes me as a minimum.

Not sure cover at RB is all that vital. We'll play a flat back 4 surely so Nelson can move across to RB and Hartley to fill in if needed.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Hartley to 'fill in' ? You don't think he'll play then?

C

Cobi Budge.

While I do like him, Hartley is a touch overrated, he's a leader granted but sometimes that seems cloak some quite big errors. Both Nelson & McHugh are much better players, at a younger age as well.

I'm sure Hartley will provide decent competition but I think it'll be Mellor, Nelson, McHugh and Sawyer for most of the season.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Don't think Hartley will hang around if not first choice. Probably our only leader on the pitch too.

C

Cobi Budge.

I'd rather have the better players on the field than the better leaders. I might think differently if we were in/preparing for a relegation dogfight.

But right now it's McHugh > Nelson > Hartley for me.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
monkeywrench":3au88hk5 said:
Don't think Hartley will hang around if not first choice. Probably our only leader on the pitch too.
a very good point monkewrench but i have a feeling a few more "leaders" will join before the season starts.

Sep 2, 2008
Poor, poor Reuben. The 'coming back from an op' excuse will only last so long. Tbh - I'm hoping that Brewster gets him in top shape cos if he can there's no doubt he'll be a valuable part of the team.

Nov 18, 2011
Well Adams was hardly going to say that he didn't mind what condition the players came back in.
I bet every manager in the country has said something along similar lines.