Adams expects his players in good shape! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams expects his players in good shape!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can't argue with that, I saw most of those games as well (I was spared Daggers away though).

My point was Cobi claimed it was a 'well known fact' - It wasn't.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Ian, I heard it myself from a very, very good source who I won't publicly out on here for obvious reasons, but it does seem like it was probably true.

But, and this is the crucial thing - it doesn't matter anymore.

We've got a new manager, everyone seems pretty happy with him and how he's approaching things, there's nothing to be gained from continually having the same arguments over and over. You believe Sheridan was there as much as he should have been, plenty don't - let's just move on, eh.

Jul 6, 2005
IJN":c0xdd67v said:
Cobi Budge.":c0xdd67v said:
But it is a well known fact that Sheridan didn't take many training sessions due to living up North.

Was it?

I saw the same people repeating it time and time again, but as always that means absolutely nothing.

I know it today's 'internet world' people think saying the saying thing over and over (and over) again makes it 'true' but it really doesn't does it. Not in the REAL world.
I am probably one of the people you are referring to.

I don't agree with the statement by Cobi but based on the information I was given by an Argyle employee, Sheridan was frequently absent from Home Park.

Maybe it depends on your view of Sheridan and/or the way in which the team performed.

Back around Xmas time you assured us that Argyle were definitely one of the three best teams in League 2; now that was certainly untrue.

We all see things differently but it would be a boring old world if we didn't.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agreed Dave and I have no idea if it were true or not, the point I was making was that 'fact' and 'internet fact' can be very distant cousins. When you have a bunch of freaks making up crap about you (as in me), you'd understand. :greensmile: So it certainly wasn't aimed at you mate, I can assure you of that.

As for my view on JS, as Andy said before you, it doesn't really matter now.

I never like to slag ex Managers off (ex players maybe :greensmile: ) as I often think they tried their damndest and very often they're an easy target.

All I do know is that my appetite is re-ignited and I'm hoping like most Argyle fans, that we will enjoy the football on show next season and we're not scared of our own shadow. I truly hate it when we show teams 'respect'.

:scarf:

Jul 6, 2005
Don't worry about me Ian, I'm pretty thick-skinned.

I share your optimism about next season and as you say, it's all about the future now and what Derek Adams can do to get us back to where you and I and most other Argyle fans believe we should be.

LostPilgrim":2biz92qq said:
I remember this time last year when Sheridan said "Don't worry lads, come back in whatever state you fancy. Turn up half cut on the first day if you like!"

It was at this moment I knew we were doomed to relegation... :thumbdown:

Thankfully Adams says he wants them back in "good shape" this year so we're basically garenteed promotion! :thumbs:
This is actually an attitude that people have...

For what it's worth, anyway, Peter Hartley is not overrated at all. He was extremely good up until he picked up an injury that Sheridan played him through.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
We have three very good CBs. All I'd which could demand a starting role. That can only be of benefit to us. We need three quality CBs in there to push each other