Leap of faith!!? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Leap of faith!!?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hated that comment at the time, and it's now good to see Greg Clarke's comments about our Chairman and Club.

I know I'm 100% biased, but proud to see this in black and white.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/leag ... 28519.aspx

Well done to all of us, Argyle IS back, despite the doubters and stirrers.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
That first paragraph is enough to give you shivers, and realise just how far we've come and how special Monday will be.

Mar 14, 2009
IJN":39x8gfpq said:
Hated that comment at the time, and it's now good to see Greg Clarke's comments about our Chairman and Club.

I know I'm 100% biased, but proud to see this in black and white.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/leag ... 28519.aspx

Well done to all of us, Argyle IS back, despite the doubters and stirrers.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I don't think some of us, including myself, realise how close we were.

We all say we want out of this division yet without Brent we could now we be 3 or 4 leagues further down beyond conference level.

Without Brent, there would be no Wembley trip in 2016.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
This is the bit that some people still don't realise.

"When the League Board considered whether to permit Plymouth Argyle to continue as a member of the League back in 2011, it's probably safe to say that we were as close to preventing a club from carrying on as we've ever been in the modern era.

I know some people poo pooed the idea at the time, but there you have it from the man himself.

Aug 2, 2011
Excellent comment from the FL man. Anyone who has met James Brent and spoken to him will appreciate that he is a man of integrity and PAFC remains a force in the FL because of his involvement with the club. It really is time that the minority w-----s who persist in posting Brent out shut up and get out themselves.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There were a few people who attended a meeting in Stoke in August that year.

I know, Ian De Lar, Peter Ryan and Graham Clark were there, as was I, that was the day a few of us (I did definitely) thought we'd lost our club.

I can remember a few of us having to leave the room for a breather during that meeting.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
"..........it's probably safe to say that we were as close to preventing a club from carrying on as we've ever been in the modern era".

Frightening statement. Well done JB and everyone who has worked tirelessly to get us where we are today.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
The real shame is that there are still people that would wish a more bitter end to the story.

That puts into perspective why it's as important for us as it is for Wimbledon to achieve promotion come Monday evening. The end of a long and painful journey and possibly the beginning of another more prosperous one.

Sep 6, 2006
At the final whistle on Monday if we win think about the sacrifices made especially by staff but also the players and the efforts of a small group of fans 5 years ago - And try not to get emotional. And if we lose - try not to get emotional!

May 16, 2016
IJN":21ez6gdo said:
This is the bit that some people still don't realise.

"When the League Board considered whether to permit Plymouth Argyle to continue as a member of the League back in 2011, it's probably safe to say that we were as close to preventing a club from carrying on as we've ever been in the modern era.

I know some people poo pooed the idea at the time, but there you have it from the man himself.

Thought of this while reading the Wimbledon / MK Dons thread. People and the Media tend to forget we have a story as well. Getting to Wembley is in many ways, as much as an achievement for us as anyone else.

May 8, 2011
I think the media hasn't picked up just how much this game means to us fans due to the fact that we came so close to losing the club, which is why we have sold so many tickets.
Hoping to see RESURGAM on the front of Tuesday's Herald.

HC Green":3lk3apj5 said:
I think the media hasn't picked up just how much this game means to us fans due to the fact that we came so close to losing the club, which is why we have sold so many tickets.

They'll realise Monday when they hear us ! I hope a collective 30000 will vocalise for 90 mins the 6 yrs of nerves, pride, emotion and love many of us have for our club