Leap of faith!!? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Leap of faith!!?

Jul 29, 2010
Many closed their minds to absolutely any good whatsoever coming from James Brent's tenure a very long time ago. They would have to overcome years of stubbornness to reverse that stance, it's not going to happen.

We all know things aren't perfect but if you can't look at the situation in the round, if you choose to dismiss the CVA debts as a piffling insignificance from the past and you yearn for some mythical moneybags chairman to fast track recovery then to me it says more about your lack of objectivity and understanding than it says about anything JB has or hasn't done during the last five years.

Resurgam....It WILL come :scarf:

Mar 18, 2014
It's fitting that Wembley is in the London borough of Brent............can we take this has a good omen?

Oct 24, 2010
IJN":sztpreqe said:
Read what Peter said Richard.

They (The FL) wanted a club to go under as a dissuader to all other clubs approaching the same precipice.

I know you and Tony Hooper always said " we will never go under" but both of you were so, so wrong.
Don't remember ever saying that Ian. Given the FC debt and the debt secured against the ground liquidation was always a very real possibility and we have James Brent to thank it didn't happen. However, I doubt very much the FL would have rejected his rescue plan. A lot of money was owed to a lot of people and if there was a viable plan on the table to repay them surely the FL were duty bound to accept it. They also had the moral obligation to thousands of football fans and the city of Plymouth, if that ever meant anything to Mr Clarke.

Jul 29, 2010
justanotherfan":2dvez7rv said:
There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quite...although I suspect you're coming at that statement from the opposite end to me :think: