Trialist David Fox - Signs | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trialist David Fox - Signs

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Not knowing anything about this guy it was interesting to read this article in the 'erold....

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/who...mouth-argyle/story-29531641-detail/story.html

There is also a good youtube video compilation of him that accompanies the article and it's clear he has got a good background. More importantly, could he be the additional playmaker to Carey in the middle of the park that a lot people think we are missing at the moment. :think:

Either way, I believe DA stated he wanted all his permanent signings on board by the time they leave for Holland so a decision will be made soon.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i haven't seen him play for us but i think this is the experienced player we should sign.another josh simpson without injuries hopefully.older players have more time on the ball.

Apr 29, 2010
bizzay1":pafck2ef said:
He was crap against Torquay, with a capital S

Funny how two people can have completely different views of a player based on the same performance. I thought Fox was very good against Torquay. Far better than both Smith and Donaldson who both played a similar role in that match. The only blight on his performance was a wayward shot which he rushed, but nearly every player had a snatch shot that flew miles over in that match.

From what I saw, he was the much better option compared to Clark/e from the Bovey match. I suppose each person has their own take on matters but based on the Torquay match I'd sign him up: solid Option.

Oct 28, 2011
Norwich
Having lived in Norwich now for 10 years, I have seen David fox play for 3 seasons when he was at Norwich, he famously scored for Colchester in a opening day 1-7 romp at carrow road (a cracking free kick) he also set up 3 or 4 that day. Paul lambert was the manager that day of Colchester, subsequently taking over Norwich the next week, signing fox the following week. He was the playmaker back then. His passion was sublime, most fans thought he was the most important cog in the team. He played in league 1 then the championship, and held his own in the premiership too. Fox Always Finds the right pass and hardly ever gives the ball away. The most impotence attribute is he looks for the early pass, a few years ago he took most of the set pieces and had a good shot on him. I saw got for Crewe last season and he still looked a class act so was surprised to see him let go. In my opinion I would be shocked if we don't sign him up. Always been quality and at 32 in league 2 any team wools welcome a man of his passing ability

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
From what I've seen, he was hated by the fans at Crewe and they thought he was one of their worst players in an awful side.

Mar 23, 2008
Would be the right type of player for me, in terms of style, position and experience.

Mar 21, 2008
Argy1e":17wqnr18 said:
From what I've seen, he was hated by the fans at Crewe and they thought he was one of their worst players in an awful side.

True, they couldn't wait to release him by all accounts, wasn't even a shadow of a doubt as to whether he would be offered a contract or not apparently.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was really impressed with him tonight, some of his passes were sublime.

Sep 19, 2015
Sorry but I thought he was woeful tonight, another player who could not beat the first man from corners and good crossing positions. Not the answer in my opinion.

Oct 14, 2015
How can you have such two vastly different posts about a players ability??one says his passes were sublime whilst another says the total opposite. I know we have opinions on games and players but I just don't get the difference on this chaps ability or not whatever the case may be...

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
Everybody I spoke to rated Fox very highly at the game tonight.

At the final whistle, a young lad shouted to Adams to sign him up and Adams just replied with a wry smile...

Mar 14, 2009
Welwyn Pilgrim":gdgrcx58 said:
How can you have such two vastly different posts about a players ability??one says his passes were sublime whilst another says the total opposite. I know we have opinions on games and players but I just don't get the difference on this chaps ability or not whatever the case may be...

Look at what the poster says when he played for Norwich.

Then Argy1e said Crewe fans thought he was crap.

I saw him against Torquay. He set started a few decent moves with good passing. However, defensively l felt we didn't look as secure when we played Torquay 2nd half.

Jul 29, 2010
Welwyn Pilgrim":2djwuaiq said:
Reuben Reid, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Jamie Mackie...

...i'm sure there are more but each of those could garner polar opposite opinions post match.

The only opinion that matters is Derek Adams', I'm sure we'll find out by the time the plane takes off.

May 16, 2005
Elburton
Apart from one occasion when he carelessly lost the ball, I thought he was excellent. Most passes were simple but effective, but a couple of passes with the outside of his right foot were exceptional.