Trialist David Fox - Signs | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trialist David Fox - Signs

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I would sign him in a heartbeat.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Metal_Green_Mickey":fpa0j4ae said:
Been to ExeWeb...Gaschat...however what I did find is that a number of clubs seem to have poor forums. Luton surprised me as one of them and Wimbledon was one I think was only open to certain members who registered.

Agree with that. I can't think of any other Football League forum I've visited with the quality (both in site design and quantity and quality of posting) of Pasoti, and I'm NOT just saying that to suck up to the Ians :angel:. Some are actually rather embarassing.

With Pasoti and Greens On Screen, online Argyle fans are very well served. It's a shame the official site is unable to match them under the current Football League imposed restrictions.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Biggs":2zqaigf3 said:
Agree with that. I can't think of any other Football League forum I've visited with the quality (both in site design and quantity and quality of posting) of Pasoti, and I'm NOT just saying that to suck up to the Ians :angel:. Some are actually rather embarassing.

With Pasoti and Greens On Screen, online Argyle fans are very well served.

Absolutely, with bells on!

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
So, just to drag the thread back to the original comment, I have only seen Dave Fox for the second half of the match against Elburton yesterday, but I have to say that I was impressed with him. He seemed that he had plenty of time when he was on the ball and could see and pick out some exquisite passes. At 32 years of age and a lot of experience throughout the leagues, he certainly has a lot of composure, equally adept at protecting the back 3(4), or linking up with the attack. I would certainly like to see more of him.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
stewthenoo":2i31utuz said:
So, just to drag the thread back to the original comment, I have only seen Dave Fox for the second half of the match against Elburton yesterday, but I have to say that I was impressed with him. He seemed that he had plenty of time when he was on the ball and could see and pick out some exquisite passes. At 32 years of age and a lot of experience throughout the leagues, he certainly has a lot of composure, equally adept at protecting the back 3(4), or linking up with the attack. I would certainly like to see more of him.

A la Lillian Nalis or Steve McCall? Just what the doctor ordered.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
stewthenoo":3uqyju6c said:
Hopefully he will still be here when we play West Brom. If he still has time when in possession against them,and still picks out passes with ease, that will be a far more authoritative assessment?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If he could do that, he would have found a new club soon after his release from Crewe.

I would think that something will be sorted, one way or another, before the Holland trip.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I asked someone yesterday and he wasn't particularly complimentary;
"David Fox is not a signing you'd want to make if you wanted promotion, just seems off the pace nowadays. Seriously he looked steady in our preseason against the likes of Nantwich and Chester last year. But in a competitive environment he wilted. He was supposed to be our strong holding midfielder yet couldn't tackle or pass consistently enough."

Obviously some players don't work at certain clubs and we're a division lower than Crewe were so it may work out differently, but I can't see this being a good signing (If it happens) from what I've heard.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argy1e":2f0blfls said:
"David Fox is not a signing you'd want to make if you wanted promotion, just seems off the pace nowadays. Seriously he looked steady in our preseason against the likes of Nantwich and Chester last year. But in a competitive environment he wilted. He was supposed to be our strong holding midfielder yet couldn't tackle or pass consistently enough."

Obviously some players don't work at certain clubs and we're a division lower than Crewe were so it may work out differently, but I can't see this being a good signing (If it happens) from what I've heard.

Have you seen him play?

It looks like he is signing today.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
"League 2 giants Plymouth Argyle" :-D

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
My concern with Fox is that coming up to 33 and after 14 years as a professional he has only just over 200 career games under his belt, never really being a week in week out player for any of his clubs. There may well be genuine reasons for that but on the face of it I question whether he is likely to be an integral part of the team. We seem to have signed a team full of 15 to 20 games a season players and strikers with awful goals per games ratios. The pessimist in me and there's quite a bit is concerned but amongst them are two or three who could really sparkle if Adams can reignite them. To be fair pre season whilst so far against poor opposition largely seems to be going really well and my optimistic side is still hopeful he can fashion a winning formula from his own choice of players.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
If it's true and we have signed him I think it's as part back up/killing games off. He looks like the type of player who hates giving the ball away and we desperately needed that type of player at the end of games last season.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Mark Pedlar":d6e9b4a8 said:
If it's true and we have signed him I think it's as part back up/killing games off. He looks like the type of player who hates giving the ball away and we desperately needed that type of player at the end of games last season.
Oh to see a game out comfortably. Now that would be a novelty. :scarf:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
PL2 3DQ":35ob66j8 said:
Argy1e":35ob66j8 said:

Have you seen him play?

It looks like he is signing today.
No I haven't, which is why I asked someone who has seen him regularly over the course of a season. If (Or rather when) he signs, I'll be supportive and I'll get behind him as I would any player, but it's not going to be a signing that excites me.