Trialist David Fox - Signs | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trialist David Fox - Signs

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
He would add to the squad. Which is what we have now, a squad. He would be number 21, with a couple of loans we will have 22/23 good/solid players. If 3 or 4 turn out to be real gems then we will do well.

I'm not sure of squad size at other clubs, but come Christmas if we have injuries and can replace threkheld with fox, Bradley with Songo or Luke with Dorel, thenWhen we come up against Accrington in December and they're squad of 18 (just theoretical) is depleted with 5 injuries and they are relying on 17/18 year old acedemy players - then we could potentially be very strong in comparison.

Nov 2, 2004
If true thats great news.Just what we need,a touch of class and experience.I see him as a starter provided his fitness holds up.Oscar and Fox behind Carey sounds really exciting.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
jerryatricjanner":pzamujvq said:
My concern with Fox is that coming up to 33 and after 14 years as a professional he has only just over 200 career games under his belt, never really being a week in week out player for any of his clubs. There may well be genuine reasons for that but on the face of it I question whether he is likely to be an integral part of the team. We seem to have signed a team full of 15 to 20 games a season players and strikers with awful goals per games ratios. The pessimist in me and there's quite a bit is concerned but amongst them are two or three who could really sparkle if Adams can reignite them. To be fair pre season whilst so far against poor opposition largely seems to be going really well and my optimistic side is still hopeful he can fashion a winning formula from his own choice of players.

At least those games have come at a higher standard than we are at. But I take your general point. Those that have seen him are impressed but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating!

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Mark Pedlar":2ezf13ka said:
If it's true and we have signed him I think it's as part back up/killing games off. He looks like the type of player who hates giving the ball away and we desperately needed that type of player at the end of games last season.
Indeed, we used Cox when we could last season for that role but obviously he had fitness issues.

Sounds like Fox could be a key player for us though if he stays fit. Hope he signs.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
TinTin":283wgmp2 said:
"...............................Fox has agreed an initial 12-month deal at Home Park and will put pen-to-paper on Friday for the club...................."

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Lets hope that this isn't the agent saying that a deal has been agreed or the player notifying the club of his intention to be here today to sign a deal......

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
monkeywrench":muhthryg said:
jerryatricjanner":muhthryg said:
My concern with Fox is that coming up to 33 and after 14 years as a professional he has only just over 200 career games under his belt, never really being a week in week out player for any of his clubs. There may well be genuine reasons for that but on the face of it I question whether he is likely to be an integral part of the team. We seem to have signed a team full of 15 to 20 games a season players and strikers with awful goals per games ratios. The pessimist in me and there's quite a bit is concerned but amongst them are two or three who could really sparkle if Adams can reignite them. To be fair pre season whilst so far against poor opposition largely seems to be going really well and my optimistic side is still hopeful he can fashion a winning formula from his own choice of players.

At least those games have come at a higher standard than we are at. But I take your general point. Those that have seen him are impressed but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating!
True, they have come at a higher level and we were crying out for an experienced head at times last season so hopefully he can do a useful job within the squad.

Apr 30, 2011
Stuart House":10u7q98m said:
He would add to the squad. Which is what we have now, a squad. He would be number 21, with a couple of loans we will have 22/23 good/solid players. If 3 or 4 turn out to be real gems then we will do well.

I'm not sure of squad size at other clubs, but come Christmas if we have injuries and can replace threkheld with fox, Bradley with Songo or Luke with Dorel, thenWhen we come up against Accrington in December and they're squad of 18 (just theoretical) is depleted with 5 injuries and they are relying on 17/18 year old acedemy players - then we could potentially be very strong in comparison.

That's probably one of the most intelligent posts I have seen on Pasoti for some time. Has given me a different perspective on some of the signings we have made. It does make perfect sense.

May 21, 2015
Our team is crying out for a more experienced midfielder. Sounds like he might fit the bill nicely.

C

Cobi Budge.

Good to get someone so experienced in. Welcome aboard David!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Excellent news, welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower. :thumbs: