Trialist David Fox - Signs | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trialist David Fox - Signs

Keepitgreen":3twx08fo said:
Bermudian Green":3twx08fo said:
He doesn't appear to have tattoos everywhere, which is a good sign. I think the big question about him though is "does he wear black boots?"

That's the mark of a real footballer.
Yellow I'm afraid.

David Fox

Hmmmm. Not off to the best of starts. Mind you, given that all and sundry wear multi-coloured footwear these days, perhaps the wearing of black boots has to be earned.

Jan 2, 2010
Wait, we signed a player named after an Exeter fan who posts on here? Someone dropped a ball there. I just hope he doesn't let us down with a naff haircut!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Bermudian Green":10ox3f0z said:
He doesn't appear to have tattoos everywhere, which is a good sign. I think the big question about him though is "does he wear black boots?"

That's the mark of a real footballer.
i hate tattoos.i call them skin pictures. :thumbup:

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
What a ball at Norwich, as for Ernie, a class above most others, a true midfield general, loved the man.

Mar 23, 2008
A quick look on Youtube suggest he's a dead ball expert and decent crosser. Great we have Carey with his left foot from one side, Fox on his right from his other and Goodwillie also for free kicks. As per Luggy Mk1, set pieces are key and with have a big team so delivery is key. Could be the difference between play offs or automatic promotion.

Mar 14, 2009
Deacster":2amqrnqb said:
A quick look on Youtube suggest he's a dead ball expert and decent crosser. Great we have Carey with his left foot from one side, Fox on his right from his other and Goodwillie also for free kicks. As per Luggy Mk1, set pieces are key and with have a big team so delivery is key. Could be the difference between play offs or automatic promotion.

The one good thing I saw against him at Torquay was some good passing to set up attacks.

My initial worry is about him defensively. We seemed more exposed as a team in that second half.

I would say although McHugh was good at the CDM position his passing was very safe. This guy should be able to do more from a deeper position. So what you lose defensively with McHugh you gain in an attacking sense with Fox. Plus, he cant be any slower than McHugh was!

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Shadowknight":29a2xs7m said:
Wait, we signed a player named after an Exeter fan who posts on here? Someone dropped a ball there. I just hope he doesn't let us down with a naff haircut!

Applying the 'Donaldson Rule' the forehead to hair height ratio appears sound to me. He likes a little tuftyness on top but not the spire of hair that Ryan sports. On that basis, he's welcome.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Forest of Dean Green":2q7v139t said:
Shadowknight":2q7v139t said:

Applying the 'Donaldson Rule' the forehead to hair height ratio appears sound to me. He likes a little tuftyness on top but not the spire of hair that Ryan sports. On that basis, he's welcome.

If you say 'the Donaldson rule' one more time I will believe it is an actual thing. Highlight of preseason

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
earl grey":veoxnlgv said:
Forest of Dean Green":veoxnlgv said:
Shadowknight":veoxnlgv said:

If you say 'the Donaldson rule' one more time I will believe it is an actual thing. Highlight of preseason

Let's make it so! It should be applied as a standard recruitment procedure. Watching the telly it should be applied to Donald Trump in the presidential election with that hay bale of a barnet. A man simply can't be trusted with hair like that.

Jul 25, 2016
new to this site but know Foxy very well .Some things not reported so far.He could not get a first team game in midfield at united but the midfield at the time included Veron, Beckham , Scholes to name but 3. He captained the reserves for several years and in the year before he left utd reserves won nearly all the comps they entered. At Blackpool under Simon Grayson he played a key role in their promotion year , played in the playoff final at Wembley and went into the Championship with Blackpool. He left when Grayson left for Leeds and ended up signing for Paul Lambert at Colchester just before Ollie became the manager.
In a news conference he said if he had been there earlier Foxy would never have been allowed to leave the club.
Scored a 'Beckham like free kick for the U's at Carrow Road.When Lambert decamped to CR he took Foxy with him. In the Championship season he played in most of the games and will always be remembered by all Canaries for that brilliant cross for Simeon Jackson to score at Fratton Park which clinched promotion to the Premier league.
In that first EPL season under Lambert finished well up the league. The Norwich fans player of the season awards that year was won by Grant Holt ( an icon at CR)and John Ruddy was runner up.
Foxy was 3rd.Lambert left after a row with the board and Chris Hughton replaced him, gave Foxy a new contract and then didn't play him much to the dismay of many canary fans who generally could not understand why he was left out.On prozone his completed pass rate put him in the top 10 in the PL
Moved back to Col U and became captain . They were doing ok until they sold their best striker to Ipswich in the January and slipped down the league but managed to stay up in last game of the season.
A move back North to Crewe last season , became captain after injury to Steve Davis,s son . I saw quite a few games at Gresty Road and generally Alex had a very young , inexperienced side that just could not hold on to a lead.Played over 40 games which says a lot for his fitness and but for an injury against Blackpool would have played several more.
When Alex went down so did their budget and anyone experienced on a half decent wage went down the road.They will struggle to survive in League 2 this season.
And so on to a new challenge at Argyle.A promotion would complete the set of promotion in each of the 3 leagues .Not seen any of the warm up games but sounds like he is a bit rusty and a week or two short of full fitness. What he will bring is great experience and a wealth of talent. In a game watch how often he will receive a ball from a team mate in difficult situations and play a simple pass to keep possession . On the ball he will very rarely lose it . His set pieces are accurate and deadly . If Argyle have guys that can get on the end of his crosses there will be plenty of goals.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Great to hear that Mr Dog, thanks for the information based on actual fact. :thumbs:

Nov 9, 2008
Sounds like an Alan smith type signing. Most people would have been happy with him. Good news to me. Thanks for the insite.

Sep 6, 2006
Gdog":3p8nmrox said:
new to this site but know Foxy very well .Some things not reported so far.He could not get a first team game in midfield at united but the midfield at the time included Veron, Beckham , Scholes to name but 3. He captained the reserves for several years and in the year before he left utd reserves won nearly all the comps they entered. At Blackpool under Simon Grayson he played a key role in their promotion year , played in the playoff final at Wembley and went into the Championship with Blackpool. He left when Grayson left for Leeds and ended up signing for Paul Lambert at Colchester just before Ollie became the manager.
In a news conference he said if he had been there earlier Foxy would never have been allowed to leave the club.
Scored a 'Beckham like free kick for the U's at Carrow Road.When Lambert decamped to CR he took Foxy with him. In the Championship season he played in most of the games and will always be remembered by all Canaries for that brilliant cross for Simeon Jackson to score at Fratton Park which clinched promotion to the Premier league.
In that first EPL season under Lambert finished well up the league. The Norwich fans player of the season awards that year was won by Grant Holt ( an icon at CR)and John Ruddy was runner up.
Foxy was 3rd.Lambert left after a row with the board and Chris Hughton replaced him, gave Foxy a new contract and then didn't play him much to the dismay of many canary fans who generally could not understand why he was left out.On prozone his completed pass rate put him in the top 10 in the PL
Moved back to Col U and became captain . They were doing ok until they sold their best striker to Ipswich in the January and slipped down the league but managed to stay up in last game of the season.
A move back North to Crewe last season , became captain after injury to Steve Davis,s son . I saw quite a few games at Gresty Road and generally Alex had a very young , inexperienced side that just could not hold on to a lead.Played over 40 games which says a lot for his fitness and but for an injury against Blackpool would have played several more.
When Alex went down so did their budget and anyone experienced on a half decent wage went down the road.They will struggle to survive in League 2 this season.
And so on to a new challenge at Argyle.A promotion would complete the set of promotion in each of the 3 leagues .Not seen any of the warm up games but sounds like he is a bit rusty and a week or two short of full fitness. What he will bring is great experience and a wealth of talent. In a game watch how often he will receive a ball from a team mate in difficult situations and play a simple pass to keep possession . On the ball he will very rarely lose it . His set pieces are accurate and deadly . If Argyle have guys that can get on the end of his crosses there will be plenty of goals.

The new Steve McCall? Sounds more like him than Alan Smith.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Gdog":2et8iggk said:

That's a cracking CV, Gdog. If you are Peter Fox, his dad, I claim my £5. :whistle: If not, then I am optimistic about his contribution this season. :thumbup: