Trialist David Fox - Signs | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trialist David Fox - Signs

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Steve Evans":3s3v15hq said:
i haven't seen him play but this is the sort of "ernie machin" (older readers please consult grandparents!),senior professional we need.welcome foxy.
If he has anything close to the influence Ernie had we have done very well.

Jul 1, 2006
Bermudian Green":29wenq19 said:
He doesn't appear to have tattoos everywhere, which is a good sign. I think the big question about him though is "does he wear black boots?"

That's the mark of a real footballer.

LOVE IT !!!! :lol:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Bermudian Green":3t6scez9 said:
He doesn't appear to have tattoos everywhere, which is a good sign. I think the big question about him though is "does he wear black boots?"

Yellow I'm afraid.

David Fox

Jul 7, 2005
Maybe Adams wants another keeper with a bit more experience (loan?) as cover for Luke, and then send Vincent out on loan to get game time - investing in the future?

Jul 29, 2010
Keepitgreen":2h4xaswi said:
Bermudian Green":2h4xaswi said:

Yellow I'm afraid.

David Fox
He's dead to me then :thumbdown:

:wink:

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Greenheart":77rzckgd said:
Maybe Adams wants another keeper with a bit more experience (loan?) as cover for Luke, and then send Vincent out on loan to get game time - investing in the future?

Or, just in case McCormick continues to be crap at near post and crossrs

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Ernie Machin did achieve legendary status in his season and a half with Argyle but, ironically, in the season 1973/4, when he played most of his 70 games (53), we only finished in 17th position in League 3 (third tier).

It was in the following season, 1974/5, after he had left that we were promoted to League 2 in 2nd place.

Having said that, I do recall that he was a fine midfielder and I hope that David Fox will be successful in a similar role at Home Park.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
davie nine":2xragxx5 said:
Ernie Machin did achieve legendary status in his season and a half with Argyle but, ironically, in the season 1973/4, when he played most of his 70 games (53), we only finished in 17th position in League 3 (third tier).

It was in the following season, 1974/5, after he had left that we were promoted to League 2 in 2nd place.

Having said that, I do recall that he was a fine midfielder and I hope that David Fox will be successful in a similar role at Home Park.

Your stats are correct, but, he was also part of the team that made it to the League Cup semi finals. I was at school when he played for us but head and shoulders above all other Argyle midfielders I've seen only Steve McCall was of a similar quality but Machin had a better engine in my view.

Jul 20, 2015
Not so much of the grandad! Ernie was good I was thinking of Jonny Mathews, now if foxy can pass and play like him I would be very happy.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
John Cooper":3opzj1k7 said:
Greenheart":3opzj1k7 said:

Or, just in case McCormick continues to be crap at near post and crossrs

Careful, Criticise Luke on here and you're in trouble. Despite how poor he was last season.

Welcome Mr Fox. Best of luck at Argyle.