Herald | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Herald

Jan 3, 2013
Is it just me or am I sick of the constant negativity from the herald? Jak ball is now asking if Carey should pass the ball? Discuss....
In addition I asked andy birkett at spurtlight why they don't push Argo on the BBC......his response? We will when we have something positive to report! Am I alone in being fed up with local coverage of OUR local team?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":2rayr8ik said:
Is it just me or am I sick of the constant negativity from the herald? Jak ball is now asking if Carey should pass the ball? Discuss....
In addition I asked andy birkett at spurtlight why they don't push Argo on the BBC......his response? We will when we have something positive to report! Am I alone in being fed up with local coverage of OUR local team?
I assume this is on FB. Just unfollow the page. I tend to ignore most of the stories and just click on the odd one or two that interests me. Mind you, I'm one of a rare breed in that I still buy the hard copy.

Jan 3, 2013
Keepitgreen":16b5q0kt said:
Knarf Reprah":16b5q0kt said:
I assume this is on FB. Just unfollow the page. I tend to ignore most of the stories and just click on the odd one or two that interests me. Mind you, I'm one of a rare breed in that I still buy the hard copy.

Had a ruck during the week with them, they said their circulation was 32000, I corrected them....it's 21000, their response? We are not good at numbers! This will be removed by the mods but it's the truth.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Knarf Reprah":i0lhhirq said:
It's not just you Frank, paranoia is quite prevalent amongst the Argyle fan base when it comes to the Herald and the local BBC; you are certainly not alone.

But just because you have sycophantic tendencies, particularly regarding Adams, you can't expect the local media to follow suit.

Some fans appear to think that Argyle coverage should always be positive and be first, last and in between to the exclusion of all the other teams in the region. But that's the job of Argyle's media department via the Official Website.

They also fail to realise that sports journalists have column inches and air time to fill up so it's not always going to be quality or interesting reporting, you only have to read the back pages of the Red Tops or watch Sky Sports News to realise that.

When the local media run stories about Argyle they're often criticised but if they don't, they're still criticised for not reporting anything even when there isn't actually anything to report. They are in the proverbial 'no win situation'.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":7abs49u9 said:
Keepitgreen":7abs49u9 said:
Knarf Reprah":7abs49u9 said:

Had a ruck during the week with them, they said their circulation was 32000, I corrected them....it's 21000, their response? We are not good at numbers! This will be removed by the mods but it's the truth.
Will it? It's still here.....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Why the hell would our Mods remove that comment Frank. Problem is you seem to be reading too many stupid FB pages by the sounds of it.

I did not that Chris Errington tweeted something like 'Taking a day off today and watching Argyle from the stands with my lad' - All doesn't feel right about The Herald. I might be wrong but I don't think I am.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":2idfq0ux said:
Keepitgreen":2idfq0ux said:
Knarf Reprah":2idfq0ux said:

Well they're also liars then unless there circulation has increased since the end of 2015, because ABC declares there figure just shy of 19,000 at that point. And very few printed news outlets have experienced an increase in 2016.

Chris Errington is a very good journalist, but some of the poo they're peddling recently is awful - none that he is responsible for admittedly.

They're trying too hard to capture a social media audience and resorting to "controversial" or "clickbait" pieces to get traffic to the website.

If there was a better third party source of Argyle news, I'd go there regularly. Unfortunately, sites like Argyle Life who have some great content, don't have the contacts to be an actual news source.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sorry Frank, you have, yet again, turned a positive into a potential negative.

Let me make it clear, I think CE is a bleddy good journalist.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Knarf Reprah":1f5hb08y said:
ps Demport I'm not sycophantic towards our manager, in fact I'm one of his critics with his tactical nous
Frank, behave yourself. I love your passion and your topsy turvy emotions and like me, you care very deeply about the club.

But I was also at Tavistock back in February for the Meet the Manager session and even Adams himself was taking the mickey out of you for the protracted and gushing way you thanked him for being our Manager and told him how lucky we were to have him.

In fairness, you weren't the only one.

Feb 28, 2016
I thing Errington is pretty good, Warlrond in the Indy is a lot better than the bloke he replaced but I think Mike Sampson is their best.

Westcountry is as bad if not worse than Spotlight (at least BBC radio still have Sparksy on breakfast sport) To think we all used to moan about "Westcountry Soccer night" with Jeff "red card" Welch, Mark Tyler and Martyn Dean filmed in a different social club each week! What we would give for coverage like that now.