Herald | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Herald

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Balham_Green":rbxph3ql said:
IJN":rbxph3ql said:
Sorry Frank, you have, yet again, turned a positive into a potential negative.

Let me make it clear, I think CE is a bleddy good journalist.

What's he doing at the Herald then? Maybe he HAS got a proper job.

1. I think Chris Errington is good in print and also as a radio commentator.

2. Every day I wake up and praise the heavens that I am not Balham Green. :twisted:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
plymouth1970":3hmx19pc said:
Knarf Reprah":3hmx19pc said:
Is it just me or am I sick of the constant negativity from the herald? Jak ball is now asking if Carey should pass the ball? Discuss....
In addition I asked andy birkett at spurtlight why they don't push Argo on the BBC......his response? We will when we have something positive to report! Am I alone in being fed up with local coverage of OUR local team?

Discuss? Ok , don't buy the Herald, that was easy.

:lol: :clap: He has a point Frank.

May 8, 2011
I was surprised the Herald didn't send anyone to cover the trip to Holland. I would have thought it would have made a week of interesting articles and stories for the paper.
I went over independently of Argyle and it wasn't that expensive.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
When I attempted to get the Herald to advertise on Pasoti (after all, let's face it, they use this site as a source a lot) I was told 'there is no money'.

Make of that what you want, but it must be desperate times for local newspapers. Just think, years ago, we HAD to buy the Evening Herald to get news of what was going on. Now with PASOTI, Twitter etc, there is no such requirement.

I'm sure the non internet savvy don't think that way, but so, so many read this site (about 700 now at 1445 BST) that who'd bother buying a newspaper.

I'd also say without Argyle, there would be no Herald, I'm sure of that.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
I'll stick my hand up; like Bob I also take the paper copy. You may not like the content of the Argyle coverage but there is certainly plenty of it. From a full match report over several pages in a Monday 'pull-out' to coverage on the back and inside rear pages in almost every issue. Personally I like to catch up on local events over a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits mid morning; that added to the Argyle coverage makes me a reasonably satisfied customer.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I never miss getting the Herald, mainly for local sport. Never read Erringtons reports, Barmy Army quite good on Saturdays

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":35ahbdbu said:
Why the hell would our Mods remove that comment Frank. Problem is you seem to be reading too many stupid FB pages by the sounds of it.

I did not that Chris Errington tweeted something like 'Taking a day off today and watching Argyle from the stands with my lad' - All doesn't feel right about The Herald. I might be wrong but I don't think I am.
Beren Cross interviewed DA today but it will be interesting to see if Chris E will be back for the press conference on Thursday.

Jan 3, 2013
IJN":t5ok4orb said:
plymouth1970":t5ok4orb said:
Knarf Reprah":t5ok4orb said:
Is it just me or am I sick of the constant negativity from the herald? Jak ball is now asking if Carey should pass the ball? Discuss....
In addition I asked andy birkett at spurtlight why they don't push Argo on the BBC......his response? We will when we have something positive to report! Am I alone in being fed up with local coverage of OUR local team?

Did I mention Errington? No, so what's your point?
I would buy the herald if it didn't have IMHO poor comments such as do u think Carey should pass more.
Don't understand your response

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":c1mr1ej5 said:
IJN":c1mr1ej5 said:
plymouth1970":c1mr1ej5 said:
Knarf Reprah":c1mr1ej5 said:

I would buy the herald if it didn't have IMHO poor comments such as do u think Carey should pass more.
That doesn't get into the hard copy Frank. That's just to hook you in online.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Keepitgreen":2yayjuih said:
IJN":2yayjuih said:
Why the hell would our Mods remove that comment Frank. Problem is you seem to be reading too many stupid FB pages by the sounds of it.

I did not that Chris Errington tweeted something like 'Taking a day off today and watching Argyle from the stands with my lad' - All doesn't feel right about The Herald. I might be wrong but I don't think I am.
Beren Cross interviewed DA today but it will be interesting to see if Chris E will be back for the press conference on Thursday.

I wondered what Adams thought of the questions directed at him today?

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3i9f9tbc said:
Keepitgreen":3i9f9tbc said:
IJN":3i9f9tbc said:

I wondered what Adams thought of the questions directed at him today?
I doubt that a lot of the questions got to him.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I doubt there were a lot of questions.

Probably lifted lot of questions from Twitter, herald comments page or similar.

Bet he didn't risk the analytical question of whether GC passes enough. :)

B

Bonehead

Knarf Reprah":1kpiv55p said:
IJN":1kpiv55p said:
plymouth1970":1kpiv55p said:
Knarf Reprah":1kpiv55p said:

Where is Errington mentioned in my comment?

You also say you would buy the Herald if it didn't have comments about Carey not passing, did somebody tell you about the story? Or are you showing your anti Herald stance by not buying it but reading it on line ...that'll show em ..clicks advert....

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Personally I think the Herald's level of coverage for a failing 4th division football team that not even 3% of the city's population bothers to go and watch is pretty exemplary and in depth.
As usual though a few sensitive types get a bit teary eyed if not every single word written about Argyle is gushing praise....diddums.
We're also fortunate to have Drew Savage and Chris Errington covering our away fixtures. 2 fairly astute journos with at least a semblance of an understanding of the game of football. Savage has also got into the habit of curtailing Errington's meandering, off tangent observations.

Sep 6, 2006
justanotherfan":2irq9yk1 said:
Balham_Green":2irq9yk1 said:
IJN":2irq9yk1 said:
Sorry Frank, you have, yet again, turned a positive into a potential negative.

Let me make it clear, I think CE is a bleddy good journalist.

What's he doing at the Herald then? Maybe he HAS got a proper job.

1. I think Chris Errington is good in print and also as a radio commentator.

2. Every day I wake up and praise the heavens that I am not Balham Green. :twisted:

Envy is a terrible thing! No need to be so bitter.