Herald | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Herald

Jan 27, 2012
I also think Chris Errington provides very good coverage of Argyle and think he is good on the radio as well. Some of the other contributors are of mixed quality, but overall the Herald do a good job.

Jan 3, 2013
demportdave":14js27nr said:
Knarf Reprah":14js27nr said:
ps Demport I'm not sycophantic towards our manager, in fact I'm one of his critics with his tactical nous
Frank, behave yourself. I love your passion and your topsy turvy emotions and like me, you care very deeply about the club.

But I was also at Tavistock back in February for the Meet the Manager session and even Adams himself was taking the mickey out of you for the protracted and gushing way you thanked him for being our Manager and told him how lucky we were to have him.

In fairness, you weren't the only one.

:oops: I had devoured an ale.....or two

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":39xe6uzs said:
Sorry Frank, you have, yet again, turned a positive into a potential negative.

Let me make it clear, I think CE is a bleddy good journalist.

What's he doing at the Herald then? Maybe he HAS got a proper job.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Balham_Green":1cjn58p5 said:
Knarf Reprah":1cjn58p5 said:
Seen jak ball's comments today? It makes me furious

Don't read it then. Up country League 2 teams get very little coverage at all.
That really depends on where the team is located. Cheltenham for example, as the only football league club in Gloucestershire get a lot of coverage.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Balham_Green":39yxrl2b said:
IJN":39yxrl2b said:

Er Family and Friends. We don't all run away to London so we can patronise those that don't wish to leave this wonderful City of ours. <Sigh>

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Errington's reports, and Twitter account are good an informative.

The problem lies with the Herald, and its move towards online content, social media and the constant drive for 'hits' to their webpage. They have realized that any Argyle related content is a winner in this sense.

I'm sure all reporters at the Herald are instructed to write and share via social media any Argyle content they can come up with.

Stooping to another new low when they wrote Articles on 'Should Carey Pass More?' and how Carey getting in the EFL team of the week meant he was better then over 800 pro's.

Their (Herald Staff) journalistic integrity is being destroyed by this.

Don't get me wrong, I understand as less and less people buy papers, advertising revenue reduces and to continue as a viable entity they need to adapt to the times, but the blame or criticism should not be laid at the journalists. Especially Errington who we know from previous times is a good journalist.

If you don't like the crappy articles, don't open them and don't do the bloody survey!

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
IJN":278bu22d said:
Balham_Green":278bu22d said:
IJN":278bu22d said:

Er Family and Friends. We don't all run away to London so we can patronise those that don't wish to leave this wonderful City of ours. <Sigh>

:iagree:

Jun 8, 2014
Not convinced Errington is really a better journalist than the others, he's just given the reporting role so has better things to write about.

I feel for some of the other writers - they are very literally just doing what they are told. As far as my knowledge of the Herald goes, the bosses give them a certain amount of articles they have to write in a certain amount of time and what with things from the club only really happening for a small amount of time each week, you run out of things to talk about so ultimately things end up getting turned into terribly and clickbaity articles. My advice is very simply - if you don't like them, you don't have to read them.

B

Bonehead

Knarf Reprah":1xoxr33q said:
Is it just me or am I sick of the constant negativity from the herald? Jak ball is now asking if Carey should pass the ball? Discuss....
In addition I asked andy birkett at spurtlight why they don't push Argo on the BBC......his response? We will when we have something positive to report! Am I alone in being fed up with local coverage of OUR local team?

Discuss? Ok , don't buy the Herald, that was easy.

Sep 7, 2006
I saw the same comment as you, IJN, about CE not covering the Mansfield game. As Football Editor, you'd think the second home game of the season might be a bit early for 'a few days off'. Something doesn't sound quite right about that...

Wading through all of the tedious advertising and sh*te journalism to get to Chris' stuff on Argyle is worth it. Take him out of the equation, and it's not.

Jun 8, 2016
Knarf Reprah":17m4yx1w said:
Is it just me or am I sick of the constant negativity from the herald? Jak ball is now asking if Carey should pass the ball? Discuss....
In addition I asked andy birkett at spurtlight why they don't push Argo on the BBC......his response? We will when we have something positive to report! Am I alone in being fed up with local coverage of OUR local team?

Like most of their 'stories' I think they get it from here? (Negativity). lol.

By sounds of it you'd think we are 4 and 0. Carey did the right think, EVERYBODY was expecting the pass by the look of it. I don't care WHO scores the goals, aslong as they go in and we get the points, like most fans.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Josh Pope":3oem9003 said:
Not convinced Errington is really a better journalist than the others, he's just given the reporting role so has better things to write about.

I feel for some of the other writers - they are very literally just doing what they are told. As far as my knowledge of the Herald goes, the bosses give them a certain amount of articles they have to write in a certain amount of time and what with things from the club only really happening for a small amount of time each week, you run out of things to talk about so ultimately things end up getting turned into terribly and clickbaity articles. My advice is very simply - if you don't like them, you don't have to read them.

I think your post highlights the direction the Herald is taking. The influx of post-grad reporters over the last year have attempted to snare the younger generation, it's now more like a Facebook page without the personal insults and lies.

Whereas the excellent articles from Chris Errington are of a higher quality and appeal to a more older generation.
It's odd that he's on holiday and missing reporting on games so early in the season but might be to do with the school holidays and family time coming to an end.
I can't remember him ever missing a game.

Oct 14, 2015
Lost total respect for The Herald when they decided to give that bloke Pieface his own column last season. That's when you know the paper is really desperate. There again the thread last week on here reached 13 odd pages about his loutish behaviour again at Carlisle..