4 offers on the table for a striker | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

4 offers on the table for a striker

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Ade the green":3a4eqnlp said:
Argyleloyal87":3a4eqnlp said:
Ade the green":3a4eqnlp said:
Argyleloyal87":3a4eqnlp said:
Makes me think if Adams said this in the interview to try and get the players to hurry up and make a decision.
I know people has said this but where has the money from the FA cup run gone? Along with Nelsons money?
I know we've had money problems before and old Brenty boy could be worried about it happening again, but now is surely the time to back Adams and give him some money to buy a striker. The clock is clicking.

What ever happened to the Everton youngster joining us?

"Old Brenty Boy" stated that he wouldn't bail the club out again. Whilst it is brilliant that we have a fan involved such as Simon Hallett and his wife willing and able to prop the club up to finish the stadium and has had more financial clout since his involvement, it took almost 6 years of James Brent's (I think that's his name and not really too hard to spell!) stewardship of the club for it to be a worthwhile investment and there were precious few of them around those six years ago.

On a personal note. I fail to see why terms such as Brenty Boy or just calling him Brent need to be used. Whether you or anyone still feel the need to show him some respect it was he and his family that saved the club and for that alone you and others ought not to be so xxxx about it.

Give your head a wobble, just because I said old Brenty boy don't mean I'm being (removed by Site Admin) about it, we do owe him a lot for saving us and I do respect him for that.

It's time for him to dip in his own pockets and (removed by Site Admin) money into the club and by doing that is to back Adams with a bit of transfer money, yes we paid for a striker in January but that's isn't just near enough.
And once again I wasn't tying to be (removed by Site Admin ) because I called him old Brenty boy

It's my opinion that using expressions like "Brenty boy" are disrespectful. If it's not yours than fair enough, you aren't the only one that shows this sort of lack of respect that no doubt you wish for yourself from others. Judging by your "(removed byAdmin)" you seem to have a problem getting your point across without the need for insults. Says it all really.

Good old British deference to class.
'Jakey' OK for a footballer
'Brenty' not OK for a business man

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I see Sheffield United are trying to offload James Hanson with Scunthorpe and Mansfield going in for him.

Would be exactly what we need IMO.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
up_the_line":29v58rl1 said:
Ade the green":29v58rl1 said:
Argyleloyal87":29v58rl1 said:
Ade the green":29v58rl1 said:
Argyleloyal87":29v58rl1 said:
Makes me think if Adams said this in the interview to try and get the players to hurry up and make a decision.
I know people has said this but where has the money from the FA cup run gone? Along with Nelsons money?
I know we've had money problems before and old Brenty boy could be worried about it happening again, but now is surely the time to back Adams and give him some money to buy a striker. The clock is clicking.

"Old Brenty Boy" stated that he wouldn't bail the club out again. Whilst it is brilliant that we have a fan involved such as Simon Hallett and his wife willing and able to prop the club up to finish the stadium and has had more financial clout since his involvement, it took almost 6 years of James Brent's (I think that's his name and not really too hard to spell!) stewardship of the club for it to be a worthwhile investment and there were precious few of them around those six years ago.

On a personal note. I fail to see why terms such as Brenty Boy or just calling him Brent need to be used. Whether you or anyone still feel the need to show him some respect it was he and his family that saved the club and for that alone you and others ought not to be so xxxx about it.

Give your head a wobble, just because I said old Brenty boy don't mean I'm being (removed by Site Admin) about it, we do owe him a lot for saving us and I do respect him for that.

It's time for him to dip in his own pockets and (removed by Site Admin) money into the club and by doing that is to back Adams with a bit of transfer money, yes we paid for a striker in January but that's isn't just near enough.
And once again I wasn't tying to be (removed by Site Admin ) because I called him old Brenty boy

It's my opinion that using expressions like "Brenty boy" are disrespectful. If it's not yours than fair enough, you aren't the only one that shows this sort of lack of respect that no doubt you wish for yourself from others. Judging by your "(removed byAdmin)" you seem to have a problem getting your point across without the need for insults. Says it all really.

Good old British deference to class.
'Jakey' OK for a footballer
'Brenty' not OK for a business man

I don't know what you're talking about. If I speak about Jake Jarvis I will say Jake Jervis or perhaps JJ,if I wish to speak about James Brent I'll say James Brent or JB. But you are correct, it is all to do with class and some have it whilst others don't Mr UTL.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Argyleloyal87":1kx6byn9 said:
Ade the green":1kx6byn9 said:
Argyleloyal87":1kx6byn9 said:

On a personal note. I fail to see why terms such as Brenty Boy or just calling him Brent need to be used. Whether you or anyone still feel the need to show him some respect it was he and his family that saved the club and for that alone you and others ought not to be so anal about it.

why should he dip into his own pockets?we are a well run business which costs a lot of money to run.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Ade the green":pqmybgd7 said:
Argyleloyal87":pqmybgd7 said:
Ade the green":pqmybgd7 said:
Argyleloyal87":pqmybgd7 said:

Insults? I wrote a word you did but mine got removed.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Argyleloyal87":1ndfjlu7 said:
Ade the green":1ndfjlu7 said:
Ade the green":1ndfjlu7 said:

Insults? I wrote a word you did but mine got removed.

Well if it was removed I wouldn't know would I.

Anyway, to you and UTL, it's my opinion of the difference between good manners etc, if you don't agree that's fine (as I said earlier) but I'll read into it as I wish, as is my want.

Apr 30, 2011
Steve.PAFC2012":2241099y said:
I see Sheffield United are trying to offload James Hanson with Scunthorpe and Mansfield going in for him.

That would be a cracking signing but wages maybe an issue and not sure if he would want to uproot all the way down here at his age. Proven at L1 though and would improve the first 11 even with Ryan Taylor fit.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Penmaster":32873768 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":32873768 said:

That would be a cracking signing but wages maybe an issue and not sure if he would want to uproot all the way down here at his age. Proven at L1 though and would improve the first 11 even with Ryan Taylor fit.

At 6ft 4in tall he would certainly be a handful against any CB in League One.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Penmaster":3jmc95fk said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3jmc95fk said:

If Mansfield can afford him on their gates and we're saying we couldn't, then there's something awry.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Andy Holland":2knzai81 said:
Penmaster":2knzai81 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2knzai81 said:

If Mansfield can afford him on their gates and we're saying we couldn't, then there's something awry.

Someone will pipe up with the story of how we almost went bust and how prudent measures are in place to quash any budgetary comparisons between clubs etc for players

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Stuart House":4ggpgdzf said:
All gone a bit quiet on the striker front.

There is also an expression, 'No news is good news'. I am not so sure this runs true in this instance, but it does provide some balance to the situation prevailing.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Tugboat":3ocg2ycx said:
Andy Holland":3ocg2ycx said:
Penmaster":3ocg2ycx said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3ocg2ycx said:

Someone will pipe up with the story of how we almost went bust and how prudent measures are in place to quash any budgetary comparisons between clubs etc for players

You're probably right.

There's an interesting side effect of being in administration here, in that some people seem to be nervous about us showing any ambition sometimes. They'll react to someone suggesting we could go for someone more pricey than we've been used to lately by making statements like "I for one don't want us to go bankrupt again", "we don't have millions to spend", "why don't YOU pay for it", "we've just resigned Carey" and "we were only in administration five/six/seven years ago". That, or they'll wildly exaggerate the suggestion, "you want us to spend millions!".

It's understandable because we did have our fingers burnt, but we'll never advance as a club if we can't take calculated risks every now and then. No-one sensible is suggesting we spend money we don't have, but if Mansfield can afford this guy, surely we could, especially with the unbudgeted money made from the Liverpool games. I'll tell you one thing, getting relegated back to League 2 because we haven't got a striker would be far more damaging to the club than putting some money into the team up front.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
All about opinions, I would say we are advancing as a club. Can you say for sure that the club aren't taking calculated risks right now. I would also suggest that Mansfield aren't relying solely on gate receipts to fund their recruitment, which if correct would make it difficult to compare the 2 clubs spending power, all academic though as Hanson apparently turned Mansfield down and we may not even have an interest in him . DA still has a couple of weeks to bring in players and I have complete confidence anybody he brings in will strengthen our squad further.

Jul 29, 2010
Andy Holland":38xrbr25 said:
Tugboat":38xrbr25 said:
Andy Holland":38xrbr25 said:
Penmaster":38xrbr25 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":38xrbr25 said:

You're probably right.

There's an interesting side effect of being in administration here, in that some people seem to be nervous about us showing any ambition sometimes. They'll react to someone suggesting we could go for someone more pricey than we've been used to lately by making statements like "I for one don't want us to go bankrupt again", "we don't have millions to spend", "why don't YOU pay for it", "we've just resigned Carey" and "we were only in administration five/six/seven years ago". That, or they'll wildly exaggerate the suggestion, "you want us to spend millions!".

It's understandable because we did have our fingers burnt, but we'll never advance as a club if we can't take calculated risks every now and then. No-one sensible is suggesting we spend money we don't have, but if Mansfield can afford this guy, surely we could, especially with the unbudgeted money made from the Liverpool games. I'll tell you one thing, getting relegated back to League 2 because we haven't got a striker would be far more damaging to the club than putting some money into the team up front.
You forgot "we've also invested heavily in training infrastructure" and i'll add "entry/participation in the central league won't be free either".

You say excuses, I say factually accurate statements, one and all.

We don't have a limitless pot of money from last season and indeed we've spent quite a chunk, if not all of it, already what with wages and behind the scenes investments. If Argyle say they can afford it then so be it, if it doesn't happen though it is prudence, not lack of ambition.

I am aware there are more sensible ends of the "invest money" spectrum but on that spectrum are also found irresponsible sorts who'd happily see money we don't have spent for spendings sake. 'Tis they I stand guard to shoot down in flames.

If we can't afford it then we can't afford it. End of.