A favour from that tiny Devon neighbour | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A favour from that tiny Devon neighbour

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
CornishPaul":2fzsdxph said:
I really don't get the thinking behind wanting Exeter smashed in the play offs. We are going into a league where most away games are up north. Who in the right mind would rather watch Argyle v Stevenage next season in front of 7000 rather than a local derby against Exeter in front of 15000. One atmosphere non existent, the other a proper edge of the seat sing your heart out for 90 minutes job. Not one other side in the play offs can provide a local away day and a full house at Home Park next season. Lucky if it's half full. On top of that, we have a decent record against them. Bring em on I say.

This. :greensmile:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
It's good either way for us; if they go up with us it's a money spinning home game, with a good atmosphere and a welcome short away trip next year. If the fail to go up we return to our rightful place at least one league above them and get some bragging rights back seeing them fail while we wave good-bye to them.

The main thing is they won when we needed them to, they gave us a best shot at the title on the final day and for that I'm sure we're all hugely grateful.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Tynan One Nil":329tro8q said:
A first. Never thought we would hear an Exeter win celebrated at HP, hope it never happens again. On to Grimsby.

Whilst it wasn't exactly celebrated, I do remember the whole of the Devonport applauding when it was announced over the tannoy that Exeter had held Man UTD at Old Trafford. It was ahead of our evening game v Everton.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
X Isle":2i4capp0 said:
I am singularly unbothered by Exeter, I simply don't recognise them as a rival.

So I hope they win and am as unconflicted in saying that as I would be if Donny were playing Morcambe or Accrington Stanley.

This.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
I have to credit Paul Tisdale for the excellent job he does at ECFC. That was a totally professional job and I really hope they join us in League 1 next season. It's great for westcountry football and I love the derby games. Good luck to them and I will be rooting for them!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I agree with your first sentence. Certainly the best manager they've ever had.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Devon and Cornwall Cops on ITV tonight at 8pm covers the Exeter v Argyle match and how the police dealt with it.
Should be fun.