Adams linked with Aberdeen job (update - McInnes stays) | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams linked with Aberdeen job (update - McInnes stays)

Sep 8, 2013
Good news. Now to concentrate on the real job in hand which is landing the signings to make us competitive in the coming season.

Nov 22, 2006
greenwelly":1gqtxna5 said:
Good news. Now to concentrate on the real job in hand which is landing the signings to make us competitive in the coming season.

Doubt very much that focus ever changed from anyone at the club

Jan 7, 2013
Excellent news very relieved, DA really is the dogs bits as far as I am concerned and will become a top notch manager.. hopefully with us!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PlymOdi":2y22ziex said:
Now can we pretend he's going to be the new manager at Sunderland? I heard a taxi driver say he wanted it. Must be true.

Don't be silly. This worry came about from one of the biggest national papers in Scotland running a story explicitly stating DA wanted the Aberdeen job.

No shame in getting a little concerned about that. Unless you're Donald Trump and regard any mainstream media story as fake news.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Biggs":3i9z1otr said:
PlymOdi":3i9z1otr said:
Now can we pretend he's going to be the new manager at Sunderland? I heard a taxi driver say he wanted it. Must be true.

Don't be silly. This worry came about from one of the biggest national papers in Scotland running a story explicitly stating DA wanted the Aberdeen job.

No shame in getting a little concerned about that. Unless you're Donald Trump and regard any mainstream media story as fake news.

The moral of this experience is not to read a Scottish newspaper's back page until Argyle are in the Premiership!
Don't panic, Mr Brent. Don't panic!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
To be fair to the Daily Record the reporter who "took a flyer" on the Adams story was the same reporter who had an article this morning saying McInnes was having second thoughts on the Sunderland job when every other newspaper or website still reported that McInnes moving to Sunderland was a done deal.

It doesn't matter now but the reporter seems well informed.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It was strange to hear, but Radio 5 Live Sports News this morning included McInnes's name amongst others [inc Giggs and Frank de Boer] who are interested in the Southampton vacancy. Where the BBC journalist got this from I have no idea unless they trawl the backs of newspapers. We all know what that trawling can lead to!

Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Been out of the loop for 48 hours on here and very interesting read to go through the 17 pages on here with the benefit of hindsight.......

Shows Pasoti from its best to its worst and everything in between and that's one of the reason I really enjoy this forum ;0)

COYG

Oct 14, 2015
Am I only the only one whose intrigued to know the "real" storey about whether DA was interested in the job and to what extent he was willing to pursue that interest? Or just put it to bed now and wait for the next rumour, if that's what it was, to hit the forum

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Welwyn Pilgrim":22ehkdu3 said:
Am I only the only one whose intrigued to know the "real" storey about whether DA was interested in the job and to what extent he was willing to pursue that interest? Or just put it to bed now and wait for the next rumour, if that's what it was, to hit the forum
Assuming the reporting that Aberdeen were his boyhood club, I would be staggered if he wouldn't at least have been tempted.

I wouldn't want him to go but it's the price of success that he name will crop up. Southampton wasn't the first club that Luggy spoke to before he left us and, if Derek's departure is of his choosing because he has been a continued success rather than the club's because things have gone awry, that will be a good thing. Let's just hope it isn't too soon!

Jul 29, 2010
twist of lime":1w4esypf said:
Been out of the loop for 48 hours on here and very interesting read to go through the 17 pages on here with the benefit of hindsight.......

Shows Pasoti from its best to its worst and everything in between and that's one of the reason I really enjoy this forum ;0)

COYG
I made a similar point on day one. It was really interesting and not a little amusing to see which posters were taking which stance on it, entirely in keeping with their broad pro/anti or glass half full/empty posting history.

I don't know if we still archive 'classic threads' but this one should surely be a candidate. It reads as a classic comi/tragedy of daily life on PASOTI as much as it does as a story about Derek Adams interest in the Aberdeen job :funny: