Adams linked with Aberdeen job (update - McInnes stays) | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams linked with Aberdeen job (update - McInnes stays)

May 8, 2011
Welwyn Pilgrim":35vati63 said:
Am I only the only one whose intrigued to know the "real" storey about whether DA was interested in the job and to what extent he was willing to pursue that interest? Or just put it to bed now and wait for the next rumour, if that's what it was, to hit the forum

I'm sure Adams will be doing some Q&A sessions this year, I'm sure someone will ask the question, if Chris Errington doesn't before them.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I considered mentioning this soon after this thread started but thought that I would be tempting fate.

DA (along with Craig Brewster and Paul Wotton) made a brief appearance at Senior Greens in late April after we knew that we were promoted.

He thanked the Green Army for their support during the season but I was intrigued by his last 6 words which I recall very clearly. "See you all next season (pause) maybe".

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
davie nine":19pbditc said:
I considered mentioning this soon after this thread started but thought that I would be tempting fate.

DA (along with Craig Brewster and Paul Wotton) made a brief appearance at Senior Greens in late April after we knew that we were promoted.

He thanked the Green Army for their support during the season but I was intrigued by his last 6 words which I recall very clearly. "See you all next season (pause) maybe".
that is very intriguing indeed.i wonder why he seems to want away?no doubt X-Isle will be along to quash this soon.

Jul 29, 2010
Steve Evans":2wtdgvml said:
davie nine":2wtdgvml said:

that is very intriguing indeed.i wonder why he seems to want away?no doubt X-Isle will be along to quash this soon.
I know no more than the next green. I just have a smidgen more faith and stouter knees than most.

Reading back over this thread the collective 'worry off' looks like folk almost eagerly anticipating, or certainly expecting at least, the worst case scenario to play out. Hanging on gossip, tittle tattle, interpreted quotes as evidence the walls are about to cave in.

My gut feeling is that it wasn't, and still isn't.

Welwyn Pilgrim":1f27zgny said:
Am I only the only one whose intrigued to know the "real" storey about whether DA was interested in the job and to what extent he was willing to pursue that interest? Or just put it to bed now and wait for the next rumour, if that's what it was, to hit the forum

Just read an article in the western morning news where DA's agent is incensed that DA was reported to be interested in the job. He is one of football's longest serving agents (according to the article), and says that neither he nor DA would act in such an indiscreet manner, and that at no time has there been the slightest interest on either his or DA's part. Total non-story dreamt up by a local reporter.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Steve Evans":2669c0un said:
davie nine":2669c0un said:

re the maybe....perhaps he was thinking about how old they looked.

ghost of hughie reed":97q9uxbr said:
Steve Evans":97q9uxbr said:
davie nine":97q9uxbr said:

Maybe, pronounced mebbe, is a very common Scottish idiom, a bit like the English 'you know'.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
ghost of hughie reed":3443x3mp said:
Steve Evans":3443x3mp said:
davie nine":3443x3mp said:

:funny: