Adams songs? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams songs?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Doug Deep":2z9qdgzt said:
I offered this on the Scottish Mourinho thread:

How about this, sung to the tune of Rod Stewart's "Sailing":

Derek Adams, Derek Adams, Derek Adams, We love you,

Derek Adams, Derek Adams, Derek Adams, Och aye the noo!

There was just one comment on it before the thread died and it was by IJN. Couldn't decide from what you said whether you liked it Ian, or just thought it was funny, ridiculous or that I'm daft. Wouldn't be the first time I'd been thought of as daft if so!

We could always replace the last 4 words of the song with "Yes we do"

I don't post very often but when I do it often seems to near enough kill the thread. So this could be subject closed!

I bloody hate 'Sailing'.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Green gino":muxi84zq said:
We are sailing we are sailing up the league up the league,we are sailing to higher waters hopefully hopefully,Derek Adams Derek Adams Derek Adams is are man is are man,to lead us there you will see.you will see, Start again etc. Would be good to see Derek on stage with Rod Stewart singing it, ha

I bloody hate 'Sailing'

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
soccerpilgrim":12lezvds said:
Argy1e":12lezvds said:
Cobi Budge.":12lezvds said:
Something as simple as "Derek give us a wave" would suffice, seemed a weekly thing under Sheridan & Fletcher, hasn't been sung once yet this season.

Do agree with Ian, it is a bit strange.
It was at Wimbledon when he was right in front of the Argyle fans, he shook his head in what looked almost like disapproval, might be why it hasn't been repeated (if it hasn't been)

Hahaha! That is brilliant! :funny:

"Derek Derek Shake your head,
Derek, Shake your head"

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
For couple of years now I've thought that the Ireland rugby anthem could easily be adopted...
"Argyle, Argyle together standing tall
Shoulder :scarf: to shoulder we'll answer Adams' call"

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ade the green":2e7qg1by said:
Green gino":2e7qg1by said:
We are sailing we are sailing up the league up the league,we are sailing to higher waters hopefully hopefully,Derek Adams Derek Adams Derek Adams is are man is are man,to lead us there you will see.you will see, Start again etc. Would be good to see Derek on stage with Rod Stewart singing it, ha

I bloody hate 'Sailing'

Ever thought of motor boats?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IJN":2g1ca90z said:
Ade the green":2g1ca90z said:
Green gino":2g1ca90z said:

I bloody hate 'Sailing'

Ever thought of motor boats?

Motor boating. Isn't that where you put your head between them and brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr? :whistle: :crazy: :oops: :thumbs:

Sep 23, 2005
Pilgrimfather":m36g95gl said:
Greenford":m36g95gl said:
As well as a chant for Adams as I have mentioned on other posts I still think we need a chant for Carl Mchugh

Carl McHugh would fit well with Agadoo - cheesy I know, but everyone knows the tune.
Hmmm I did suggest an Agadoo based Carl McHugh chant on here a month ago but am more than happy for someone else to take the"credit" :-D

Jul 29, 2010
You waited patiently for back to back defeats for over a month for that little gem, well done*

*there really should be a slow/sarcastic clap smiley.

Mar 22, 2008
Plymouth
How about to the tune of 'My old man's a dustman..'

Derek Adams' a Scotsman
But Argyle's where he's at
And if we get promoted,
We'll ne'er send him back!

When he came to Argyle
We saw he was on his own
So we sent a call to Ireland
For wee Sweet Molly Mallone!

(Then could change tune to that of 'Sweet Molly Mallone' ..and continue..)

...And now they wheel their wheelbarrow
through streets broad and narrow,
singin' (clap clap clappety clap clappety clap) 'Argyle!'
(clap clap clappety clap clappety clap) ''Argyle!'

Jun 8, 2014
Why did we call Ireland?

I like it as a chant though, much more creative (and easy enough that it could potentially catch on).

Mar 22, 2008
Plymouth
Paven":kcq5hq68 said:
Why did we call Ireland?

I like it as a chant though, much more creative (and easy enough that it could potentially catch on).

Er, we called Ireland because Molly Malone was a Dublin girl