Additional Un - Budgeted Income (merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Additional Un - Budgeted Income (merged)

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
one signing today, more to follow...... says it all ..... we are going up !

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Northernlightgreen":2exmpxb3 said:
one signing today, more to follow...... says it all ..... we are going up !

Big mistake thinking that way.

Apr 29, 2016
HC Green":1a5ab773 said:
When working out gate receipts don't forget that 20% goes in VAT.
So if you paid £20 for your ticket on wednesday Argyle will get £7.20.
I not sure if match day costs like stewards, police are deducted from the gate receipts before the monies are shared or if the home team has to meet them from their share.

£7.50 per ticket after VAT on the £20 tickets I reckon but as you say expenses to come out of that.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
HC Green":3u32mvtk said:
When working out gate receipts don't forget that 20% goes in VAT.
So if you paid £20 for your ticket on wednesday Argyle will get £7.20.
I not sure if match day costs like stewards, police are deducted from the gate receipts before the monies are shared or if the home team has to meet them from their share.
As we're talking maths here, only 16.66666...% goes on VAT. The 20% VAT is added to the amount charged, so in the case of, say, £100, £20 VAT will be added. £20 is 1/6 of that £120 including VAT, and 1/6 is 16.66666...%.

Here endeth the lesson.

Dec 22, 2015
Am I right in saying that at some point Argyle release the seasons financial incomings and out goings?

If so anyone got an idea when it is? Would love to see how much money we have raked in since the Wembley final.

May 8, 2011
Argyle accounting year ends on the 31st December. The 2015 accounts were posted on the Companies House website in October 2016.
Therefore the 2016 accounts should be posted in October this year. Because the accounts are up to 31st December 2016 they most likely won't show the income from the Liverpool games, or the monies from Hourihane or Purrington as they all happened in January 2017.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
October was late for filing so the club would have been fined by Companies House for that.

The 2016 accounts should be filed by 30 September 2017.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
If approval is sought and given by HMRC, then you can submit late, can't you?

May 8, 2011
The accounts were filed in time, just not posted on the Companies House website until 13th October.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
It's 10 years plus since I did any returns, company wise.

Hey, good job you didn't rely on me for the Purrington decision Paul!! :)

Mar 21, 2008
Some of these are obviously only my most educated guesses based on the available information so bare with me but:

Playoffs and Wembley final - 300-500k?
Nelson 200-280k?
FA cup run and Liverpool games - 1 million?
Hourihane sell-on clause - 200-250k?
Purrington - 300k

Even being pessimistic that's got to be what 2 million+ of un-budgeted income since clearing our debts

Also:

Our gates are decent at the moment, and Goodwillie's contract was cancelled by mutual consent which I suggest has probably paid for Ryan Taylor's wages

The club has surely got to be in a good place financially right now, I can't remember a time since 'that' January transfer window when we've had more money come into the club

Noted Andy :whistle:

Ha Ha !

By the way - sorting through some old photos on my lap-top AND............

.....................come across of one of us in The Brit...............5 of us...............you, IJN and I plus 2 other suspects.

Nice !!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

G

Greenskin

Rob_GT4":13de8ot7 said:
Some of these are obviously only my most educated guesses based on the available information so bare with me but:

Playoffs and Wembley final - 300-500k?
Nelson 200-280k?
FA cup run and Liverpool games - 1 million?
Hourihane sell-on clause - 200-250k?
Purrington - 300k

Even being pessimistic that's got to be what 2 million+ of un-budgeted income since clearing our debts

Also:

Our gates are decent at the moment, and Goodwillie's contract was cancelled by mutual consent which I suggest has probably paid for Ryan Taylor's wages

The club has surely got to be in a good place financially right now, I can't remember a time since 'that' January transfer window when we've had more money come into the club

Lets hope that this money is put to better use, both proportionally and in terms of quality, than the income received in the 2008 fiasco.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I guess many will disagree but I would put virtually all of the 2 million or so unbudgeted income together with the Simon Hallett money to do the best grandstand refurbishment we can and provide us with the best capacity and income producing facilities we can get for our money. The fact that our debts from admin are gone and with gates averaging 9,000 plus it should enable us to have a playing budget to allow us to be competitive while the stand is being done even in League 1. Then with the increased match day and non match day income coming in we ought to be in a better position to push on for the championship and hopefully establish ourselves better than on previous occasions.