AFT meets with Tudor Evans about HHP (plus club statement) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT meets with Tudor Evans about HHP (plus club statement)

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
nikkk":1y33wcy1 said:
GreenSam":1y33wcy1 said:
Hi Nik,

He did not say exactly in which specific circumstances he heard which specific chunk of information but given that he is working with Akkeron (amongst others) about the future of the city, I'd guess that that's a fairly safe assumption- at least in part.

Sam.

I'm not so sure that it is a "fairly safe assumption" to be fair. And it doesn't surprise me that he did not mention where he has heard these "chunks of information." Have you raised this with JB or Akkeron before releasing this statement/report ?
I imagine perhaps that there are confidences and confidentiality issues with him revealing exactly where every detail was heard from. If any of it is at in the slightest bit untrue (bar the parts that are his own subjective opinion and not relating to facts), then I am sure it will be fully refuted.

We did indeed give and the club notice and send a copy of this to the club prior to publishing as is the current practise with regard to all AFT releases which are significant and/or pertaining to the football club.

To be clear- this isn't us attacking them. It's passing on what information we've been given and we'd love the club to open up constructive dialogue about it. Not only about the statements made, but also about a solution-focused approach potentially including what we can possibly do to help.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
This report does seem at odds with what James Brent said in the recent match programme.

However, he did indicate something along the lines of looking at different way of delivering - e.g. no hotel ? - but, equally, he said something like hoping to make a positive announcement soon. :?

As always, having had so many false dawns on this matter, until someone actually starts digging some ground, this project will be subject to a good deal of cynicism.

Clarity from the Boardroom would be very welcome, but, I suspect, we may have a bit of a wait for it.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

spowell92":23issbbu said:
Biggs":23issbbu said:
spowell92":23issbbu said:
Sold a load of cobblers by Brent then... Ready your escape pod please James and let's have an owner with a focus on football. He doesn't care about us.

I still think he does, but from this new information and the lack of any progress on the Pavilions/Civic Centre/Oldway/any Akkeron-led development, it's pretty clear he's bitten off more than he can chew. To the point where I'd be stunned if any of those projects get off the ground :sad:

I don't see much evidence of him caring. The bloke is attending games and getting wet on pitches, face value he looks like he's enjoying it. But his plan is rotten, it's rotten for the future and needs of the club. We've been told the club's future is dependent on this development, that's now an apparent lie. We've been told the ice rink had to go up at HHP, despite it boxing in our stand and abolishing all expansion opportunities; there's another lie. His ownership has been a total disaster to say the least. The greatest achievement is not being the worst side in the basement division twice. Whoopy. There's only one chaps interests going first in all this.

And Nik, they seem like issues to take up with Tudor Evans not the AFT. He, afterall, is the one saying such things. The AFT merely pass on his message.

Geddon bhey. :thumbs:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
nikkk":1yzfofpk said:
GreenSam":1yzfofpk said:
Hi Nik,

He did not say exactly in which specific circumstances he heard which specific chunk of information but given that he is working with Akkeron (amongst others) about the future of the city, I'd guess that that's a fairly safe assumption- at least in part.

Sam.

I'm not so sure that it is a "fairly safe assumption" to be fair. And it doesn't surprise me that he did not mention where he has heard these "chunks of information." Have you raised this with JB or Akkeron before releasing this statement/report ?

Why wouldn't Evans' info be reliable? From the outside, it seems like the Council have bent over backwards for Akkeron. They've given them the keys to Home Park, the Civic Centre AND the Pavilions, not to mention the generous rate relief.

Jun 16, 2006
spowell92":1l3zkxrl said:
Biggs":1l3zkxrl said:
spowell92":1l3zkxrl said:
Sold a load of cobblers by Brent then... Ready your escape pod please James and let's have an owner with a focus on football. He doesn't care about us.

I still think he does, but from this new information and the lack of any progress on the Pavilions/Civic Centre/Oldway/any Akkeron-led development, it's pretty clear he's bitten off more than he can chew. To the point where I'd be stunned if any of those projects get off the ground :sad:

I don't see much evidence of him caring. The bloke is attending games and getting wet on pitches, face value he looks like he's enjoying it. But his plan is rotten, it's rotten for the future and needs of the club. We've been told the club's future is dependent on this development, that's now an apparent lie. We've been told the ice rink had to go up at HHP, despite it boxing in our stand and abolishing all expansion opportunities; there's another lie. His ownership has been a total disaster to say the least. The greatest achievement is not being the worst side in the basement division twice. Whoopy. There's only one chaps interests going first in all this.

And Nik, they seem like issues to take up with Tudor Evans not the AFT. He, afterall, is the one saying such things. The AFT merely pass on his message.

Don't think you'll find that stated anywhere. Akkeron have to deliver an Ice Rink in Plymouth to be able to knock down the Pavillion's rink, bt it just suited Akkeron for footfall to have it at HHP

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
I'm so glad things are starting to fall apart with regards to the current plans which are totally short sighted and not best for Argyle. I'm also angry that we have been lied to about the ice rink.

We do need a new stand but the correct stand with potential to expand.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The speed of progress :yawn:

Press releases
Higher Home Park contractor’s pledge to support local supply chain

04/09/2013

Following the recent planning decision regarding Higher Home Park, Akkeron is ensuring an early start on site by naming Plymouth-based building company Kier Construction as its preferred contracting partner.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
SurreyGreen":1aafb0kz said:
When is the Balloon due?
October 2016. The amount owed is as yet unspecified. It has been vasty reduced from its original sum of approximately £2.5 million due to a combination of unbudgeted income coming into the club and the excellent fundraising work of the GTs which has sped up the payment to chose who need it the most.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
GreenSam":d340kzhq said:
SurreyGreen":d340kzhq said:
When is the Balloon due?
October 2016. The amount owed is as yet unspecified. It has been vasty reduced from its original sum of approximately £2.5 million due to a combination of unbudgeted income coming into the club and the excellent fundraising work of the GTs which has sped up the payment to chose who need it the most.

That's good news. Also, if the Football League and PFA can clearly see we've busted a gut to make the balloon payment but just come up short, I wonder if there is any chance of leniency. Or can we assume it's all the money by the end of 2016 or bust, no excuses whatsoever?

Apr 1, 2009
Biggs":20xvzmog said:
GreenSam":20xvzmog said:
SurreyGreen":20xvzmog said:
When is the Balloon due?

That's good news. Also, if the Football League and PFA can clearly see we've busted a gut to make the balloon payment but just come up short, I wonder if there is any chance of leniency. Or can we assume it's all the money by the end of 2016 or bust, no excuses whatsoever?

That we don't know. As to showing "we've busted a gut", the latest we've been told is "there is no plan B". If the gut is to be busted there has to be communication and renewed focus as soon as possible.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
spowell92":3glo4b9d said:
Biggs":3glo4b9d said:
spowell92":3glo4b9d said:

Absolutely. I'm not in the least bit comfortable with what he is saying. I'm afraid to me it seems a little too much opinion turning into fact, and I'd much rather hear from JB or Akkeron and get a properly balanced perspective, before relying too much on what is being reported here.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
nikkk":1cbhylqg said:
spowell92":1cbhylqg said:
Biggs":1cbhylqg said:
spowell92":1cbhylqg said:

Absolutely. I'm not in the least bit comfortable with what he is saying. I'm afraid to me it seems a little too much opinion turning into fact, and I'd much rather hear from JB or Akkeron and get a properly balanced perspective, before relying too much on what is being reported here.

We all would.

cheshiregreen":1cbhylqg said:
The speed of progress :yawn:

Press releases
Higher Home Park contractor’s pledge to support local supply chain

04/09/2013

Following the recent planning decision regarding Higher Home Park, Akkeron is ensuring an early start on site by naming Plymouth-based building company Kier Construction as its preferred contracting partner.

KeithB

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 30, 2004
Launceston
There appear to be 2 issues here. The balloon payment and the proposed development of HHP.
The balloon payment has a deadline which has to be planned for, which I assume is in the board's thoughts.
Whatever the plan is, it will not be supported by 'extra income' from the stand.

The HHP development looks dead in the water as proposed, but there is no impending deadline that has to be met.
If rent\rate relief is coming to an end because of legal restrictions, running costs are going to increase.
There was mention of looking at 'new ways to deliver' the project, however, with no hotel etc. to offset costs, then a complete rethink is required.
I think JB has come into this full of good intentions, but has bitten off more than he can chew. However, any decent project plan should has a risk log, listing ways potential issues can be mitigated. Essentially, there should be a plan B!
Quite often this involves reducing the scope (and scale) of what can be delivered.
Until we hear what the 'new' proposals are, we can speculate until the cows come home, but it just causes more division between all concerned.
Fair play to the trust for surfacing the information. Let's hope the board respond with some transparency.
Drekkly, just does not cut it any more!