AFT meets with Tudor Evans about HHP (plus club statement) | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT meets with Tudor Evans about HHP (plus club statement)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
graiser":32tzzti0 said:
PL2 3DQ":32tzzti0 said:
graiser":32tzzti0 said:
Is there any truth in the rumours that JB cannot go ahead with the development and PCC will be funding a new development ? Has anybody heard that ?

I very much doubt PCC will announce or commit to such a thing ahead of local government elections in 2015. It's far more likely that funding for the grandstand will be secured from elsewhere.

Maybe loans from the Capital Expenditure Fund perhaps ?

To be fair Graiser, if it's the right size and gets done soon, I don't care if the money comes from the Tooth Fairy.

Let's get the bleddy thing built.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
IJN":21u22xwz said:
graiser":21u22xwz said:
PL2 3DQ":21u22xwz said:
graiser":21u22xwz said:
Is there any truth in the rumours that JB cannot go ahead with the development and PCC will be funding a new development ? Has anybody heard that ?

I very much doubt PCC will announce or commit to such a thing ahead of local government elections in 2015. It's far more likely that funding for the grandstand will be secured from elsewhere.

To be fair Graiser, if it's the right size and gets done soon, I don't care if the money comes from the Tooth Fairy.

This.

I know I'm most likely part of the minority but I loved the designs that were posted, it looked smart and I would definitely accept the idea of a Cinema, School etc involved at Home Park. Personally I want the new Stand built because I liked it, but more so because I wouldn't want a prolonged saga to distract the current form of the team.

For the first time in a long time we're going in the right direction - let's keep it that way.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Adam Dyer":tmjt93eg said:
IJN":tmjt93eg said:
graiser":tmjt93eg said:
PL2 3DQ":tmjt93eg said:
graiser":tmjt93eg said:

This.

I know I'm most likely part of the minority but I loved the designs that were posted, it looked smart and I would definitely accept the idea of a Cinema, School etc involved at Home Park. Personally I want the new Stand built because I liked it, but more so because I wouldn't want a prolonged saga to distract the current form of the team.

For the first time in a long time we're going in the right direction - let's keep it that way.

Sorry. I don't see any evidence of this. Early form / performances would suggest another inconsistent season with the lottery of the play-offs looking like the highest achievable goal. No new stand and seemingly no prospect of one in the near future without a rescue operation by PCC and a balloon payment rapidly approaching. Are we stable in the short term, yes.......beyond that it ain't looking all that clever.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
up_the_line":38l9jse4 said:
Adam Dyer":38l9jse4 said:
IJN":38l9jse4 said:
graiser":38l9jse4 said:
PL2 3DQ":38l9jse4 said:
graiser":38l9jse4 said:

This.

Sorry. I don't see any evidence of this. Early form / performances would suggest another inconsistent season with the lottery of the play-offs looking like the highest achievable goal. No new stand and seemingly no prospect of one in the near future without a rescue operation by PCC and a balloon payment rapidly approaching. Are we stable in the short term, yes.......beyond that it ain't looking all that clever.

When we've played well we've hammered teams this season, including League 1 Leyton Orient who could not handle us on our day. We're a creative midfielder or winger shy of a very good team and 30-35 minutes per match short of "consistency". Playoffs are very much in the offing even now with the team still gelling and with only minor changes being required of our performances.

Signs of improvement are very much there, I know this as I've been looking for the positives for years and they've become increasinly easier to find :thumbs:

Jun 26, 2006
Eh - We hammered Exeter . Orient were 2 up before we even thought about starting to play . We got lucky against Stevenage - 96 minute penalty . We beat Southend who had ten men for the majority of the game . And if in that 30 -35 minutes per match that you say we are short of for acheiving consistency , the opposition score a couple of goals we are always on the back foot desperately trying to rescue something from the game .
We generally play with one up front and nobody within spitting distance to provide assistance or to get beyond . We do not have any genuine width in the team . If we play Thomas or Banton there is a risk of the full backs being exposed . We fail to stop crosses coming in .
However I do feel that we could get in the play offs this season but the emphasis is on COULD . Nearly 20% of the season has gone already and we need to start putting a real run together now .

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Agreed Fishy. Play offs and promotion is definitely achievable, but I'd say we both a creative midfielder and another winger, not or as you say Ollie. Sheridan has said ideally he wants to play Lewi through the middle, but we're too concerned about the defensive implications that holds on the team (despite a 3 man defensive midfield) and so are sticking him out wide because of his work rate. We need a true winger, someone that understands how to get up and down the line effectively without exposing the fullback supporting him and we need a creative midfielder as there's a serious lack of penetration from this side. Reid isn't getting any service once again. Hoof balls from Luke Mc won't get us out of this division, even if he is pretty good at them.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
We got lucky against Stevenage to the extent that we scored very, very late in the game (rather than not at all) but I don't think the result flattered us at all so in that sense we were not lucky but, rather, got what we deserved.

Jun 26, 2006
Our opininions may differ but that is the joy of life

We got lucky that Mellor wasn't sent off . Another referee might well have dismiised him .
We got lucky to a degree that River Allen got back quickly enough to prevent a 1 on 1
We got lucky that.the referee ( rightly) added on so much time at the end of the game . Again another referee might not have .
We did very little for far too much of the game apart from launch the ball from the back to the front and Hope that Reuben Reid could do something with it .
What was disapointing was that wasn't the way we played against Exeter and wasnt the way we played thesecond half and the whole of extra time against Orient