AFT meets with Tudor Evans about HHP (plus club statement) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT meets with Tudor Evans about HHP (plus club statement)

Dec 2, 2005
London
Pogleswoody":23ojobcb said:
It is just about impossible for me to endure another season sat in that stand, outdated and 'dangerous' frankly, if we don't pull it down then someone should cloise it down + another season of an empty Mayflower Terrace?

How long does that endure whilst we wait for the Fairy Godfather who is as real as the tooth fairy and even less likely to show up?

Better the Devil you know, a bird in the hand, don't look a gift horse ... etc etc all of these proverbs evolved for a very good reason!! :doh:

But what does it matter if it gets closed down? We don't need much more than 7000 seats in this league and so the horseshoe is more than enough. If it really was that dangerous then someone would ask us to close down, and there are other places to sit if you are genuinely worried.

Like I said, had you heard of James Brent in 2010? If so, you could have made a lot off money if you found a bookie willing to give you a quote on him being the next Argyle Chairman.

Building a new stand doesn't require a fairy godmother. We managed to build three with McCauley/Stapleton in charge.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
LostPilgrim":wqmzn12l said:
Pogleswoody":wqmzn12l said:
It is just about impossible for me to endure another season sat in that stand, outdated and 'dangerous' frankly, if we don't pull it down then someone should cloise it down + another season of an empty Mayflower Terrace?

How long does that endure whilst we wait for the Fairy Godfather who is as real as the tooth fairy and even less likely to show up?

Better the Devil you know, a bird in the hand, don't look a gift horse ... etc etc all of these proverbs evolved for a very good reason!! :doh:

But what does it matter if it gets closed down? We don't need much more than 7000 seats in this league and so the horseshoe is more than enough. If it really was that dangerous then someone would ask us to close down, and there are other places to sit if you are genuinely worried.

Like I said, had you heard of James Brent in 2010? If so, you could have made a lot off money if you found a bookie willing to give you a quote on him being the next Argyle Chairman.

Building a new stand doesn't require a fairy godmother. We managed to build three with McCauley/Stapleton in charge.

Fine - let's play in a 3 sided ground!!

When I say dangerous (it was in quotes btw!), I mainly mean the steps throughout the structure, different heights, protrusions and angles. Certainly wouldn't be permitted in a modern stadium.
Seats are terribly uncomfortable for 2014 tastes. Cramped legroom too. Just old and tired ... I know how it feels! :sad:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
LG":3oneyjw8 said:
I see there was no AFT gazebo yesterday.
Keeping a low profile or just not enough volunteers yesterday?
We did want to get the gazebo up- just a few logistics issues. It'll be back up for the next home game, 100%.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
GreenSam":12bay6zf said:
LG":12bay6zf said:
I see there was no AFT gazebo yesterday.
Keeping a low profile or just not enough volunteers yesterday?
We did want to get the gazebo up- just a few logistics issues. It'll be back up for the next home game, 100%.
No worries Sam.
see you at the Tuesday evening match v Wycombe :thumbs:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Another six weeks until the imminent statement from the club. Is it being typed up by a sloth? Wonder what the big reveal will be?

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
spowell92":1q7jctnr said:
Another six weeks until the imminent statement from the club. Is it being typed up by a sloth? Wonder what the big reveal will be?

I heard that the club commissioned Cormac McCarthy to write the statement up in the form of a 3 book saga. Not sure how much truth is there is in that though.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Amazing the lack of patience some seem to have. If there's news the club can share with us it would, do people not understand the fact that this is a sensitive project based on large sums of money currently stuck in the negotiations stage?

Anything and everything the club publish is looked over by not just fans but investors and retail unit bidders alike. One accidental leak, one jumping of the gun and we lose out on a vital sum of money and the project gets pushed back further.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm certainly fed up with nothing happening, but I'm not sure what can be done about it.

The machinations and turning wheels go at their own speed I assume.

I'm not sure what any keen amateurs can add to the cause.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
John_Lloyd":10zh3oxo said:
April 2012 - Initial plans for the redevelopment of the Grandstand are unveiled
September 2014 - nothing has happened

I'd say a delay of that length would test anyone's patience.

A little misleading that, don't you think John? It's hardly been complete silence between those two dates, for starters the plans weren't granted planning permission for several months, movement has been slow for us onlookers perspective since then but there's still been bits and peices news wise to keep us in the loop. It's only really been silent since about June/July as I recall when we were told to expect delays because of retail units and funding issues to sort out, evidently they haven't quite been sorted out just yet nor been deemed a lost cause to give up on and so we haven't heard anything.

I'd like to see some movement of course I would but what sense does it make to demand to be updated when there really isn't anything to update us on, certainly not without breaking agreed confidentiality.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":2nb6hdzi said:
I'm certainly fed up with nothing happening, but I'm not sure what can be done about it.

The machinations and turning wheels go at their own speed I assume.

I'm not sure what any keen amateurs can add to the cause.

Sarcasm alert:
I dunno, I'm pretty nifty with a box of lego and I reckon I've got enough blocks up in the attic to build something similar to the plans. If Brent can lend me the instruction booklet I can get cracking.
Either that or we can wait for the universe to contract, for all matter to coalesce and then we can claim that the project is technically complete (is that Plan B by the way?)

Aug 5, 2005
Ollieargyle9":129m0tn2 said:
John_Lloyd":129m0tn2 said:
April 2012 - Initial plans for the redevelopment of the Grandstand are unveiled
September 2014 - nothing has happened

I'd say a delay of that length would test anyone's patience.

A little misleading that, don't you think John? It's hardly been complete silence between those two dates, for starters the plans weren't granted planning permission for several months, movement has been slow for us onlookers perspective since then but there's still been bits and peices news wise to keep us in the loop. It's only really been silent since about June/July as I recall when we were told to expect delays because of retail units and funding issues to sort out, evidently they haven't quite been sorted out just yet nor been deemed a lost cause to give up on and so we haven't heard anything.

I'd like to see some movement of course I would but what sense does it make to demand to be updated when there really isn't anything to update us on, certainly not without breaking agreed confidentiality.

Ollie, do you really think it's bad to ask for a clarification of facts about an interview which subsequently all parties have admitted was inaccurate but nobody will say how and why?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Posted This on September 4th

04/09/2013
Following the recent planning decision regarding Higher Home Park, Akkeron is ensuring an early start on site by naming Plymouth-based building company Kier Construction as its preferred contracting partner.

When do Kier get paid from the start of work or the award of the contract (retainer fee or similiar)?

What happens if the work never starts or alters significantly as seems likely
?

The scheme, which will include a new grandstand, a 10-screen cinema, a 1,500 seat ice rink and a 120-bed hotel, will provide opportunities for all the building trades and Kier is asking businesses to start registering their interest with them.

Anyone know the position regarding Kier now we are over 1 year on from their press release?