AFT meets with Tudor Evans about HHP (plus club statement) | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT meets with Tudor Evans about HHP (plus club statement)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
up_the_line":3l54zwuy said:
IJN":3l54zwuy said:
I'm certainly fed up with nothing happening, but I'm not sure what can be done about it.

The machinations and turning wheels go at their own speed I assume.

I'm not sure what any keen amateurs can add to the cause.

Sarcasm alert:
I dunno, I'm pretty nifty with a box of lego and I reckon I've got enough blocks up in the attic to build something similar to the plans. If Brent can lend me the instruction booklet I can get cracking.
Either that or we can wait for the universe to contract, for all matter to coalesce and then we can claim that the project is technically complete (is that Plan B by the way?)

This is not anything to do with 'quality control' and by God I've posted some crap on here over the years but may I ask, was there any point to that post UTL?

I'm not trolling, that IS a genuine question.

a) It's not in the slightest bit funny.

b) It doesn't give anyone any information.

c) It doesn't add to the thread in any shape or form.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":1gd63vcx said:
up_the_line":1gd63vcx said:
IJN":1gd63vcx said:
I'm certainly fed up with nothing happening, but I'm not sure what can be done about it.

Sarcasm alert:
I dunno, I'm pretty nifty with a box of lego and I reckon I've got enough blocks up in the attic to build something similar to the plans. If Brent can lend me the instruction booklet I can get cracking.
Either that or we can wait for the universe to contract, for all matter to coalesce and then we can claim that the project is technically complete (is that Plan B by the way?)

This is not anything to do with 'quality control' and by God I've posted some crap on here over the years but may I ask, was there any point to that post UTL?

I'm not trolling, that IS a genuine question.

a) It's not in the slightest bit funny.

b) It doesn't give anyone any information.

c) It doesn't add to the thread in any shape or form.

Kicks and giggles. Was there any point to 'bugger off back to Manchester' or was that 'witty banter' and therefore perfectly acceptable? I'll try harder to be that funny / informative in future.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Ollieargyle9":1g7t7pic said:
John_Lloyd":1g7t7pic said:
April 2012 - Initial plans for the redevelopment of the Grandstand are unveiled
September 2014 - nothing has happened

I'd say a delay of that length would test anyone's patience.

A little misleading that, don't you think John? It's hardly been complete silence between those two dates, for starters the plans weren't granted planning permission for several months, movement has been slow for us onlookers perspective since then but there's still been bits and peices news wise to keep us in the loop. It's only really been silent since about June/July as I recall when we were told to expect delays because of retail units and funding issues to sort out, evidently they haven't quite been sorted out just yet nor been deemed a lost cause to give up on and so we haven't heard anything.

I'd like to see some movement of course I would but what sense does it make to demand to be updated when there really isn't anything to update us on, certainly not without breaking agreed confidentiality.

Ollie, you say its been silent since June/July when the update was "expect delays", wasn't there a previous update in November of "it's nearly all sorted". The updates so far have been complete wet farts. The AFT did well to release some actual information to supporters from someone high up in the whole hierarchy of Plymouth and the reading doesn't bode well. It'd be nice if Brent, Starnes or the club would communicate with the AFT to at least give an idea of the direction the club is heading and a little reassurance. Like you say, potential investors will read the information being released by the club and I doubt they're particularly assured by any of the club statements on the matter so far.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
IJN":2n71xgxi said:

Here are 5 reasons why it’s sometimes OK to not know what’s coming next:
1. Not knowing takes the pressure off.
When we think we should know, we get stressed out when we don’t know things. But when we see that not knowing is our natural state, we can actually open into that, into a state of curious detachment.

2. Not knowing saves time.
When you know you don’t know (and can’t know), you look at the world differently. Think of the time and money that we spend on trying to predict the future. Instead of trying to keep up with what all the pundits are saying, we can spend our time doing things we enjoy, like spending time with our spouse and kids. Or enjoying a walk in the park.

3. Not knowing fosters learning.
I wouldn’t have taken my current job if I’d known the outcome. And I would have lost so much in the process. I think we can all point to bad experiences that we would not have chosen—a difficult job, the death of someone close to us, struggling with a health issue. And yet most of our growth comes from pain. Often we only recognize in retrospect how valuable an experience has been.

4. Not knowing brings the joy of surprise.
A lot of the joy in life comes from surprise, too. And knowing exactly what’s coming would take all of that away.

5. We have no choice.
Let’s face it, not knowing is the natural state of things. When we want to know things that we can’t know (like the future, or the right course of action), all we create is frustration for ourselves.

I know this can sound like “suck it up, you can’t change anything,” but we really can change a lot. When we understand that we can’t control what happens, we can devote more of our energy to how we respond and what we learn.

Thus ends my amateur sermon
:lol:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Ollieargyle9":hdati6gb said:
Amazing the lack of patience some seem to have. If there's news the club can share with us it would, do people not understand the fact that this is a sensitive project based on large sums of money currently stuck in the negotiations stage?

Anything and everything the club publish is looked over by not just fans but investors and retail unit bidders alike. One accidental leak, one jumping of the gun and we lose out on a vital sum of money and the project gets pushed back further.
I admire your backing of the club and Brent almost without question Ollie and will apologise if proved to be wrong but I just cannot see this stand or development taking place under James Brent, certainly not in anything like the original plans. This area of Central Park should be for associated sporting developments only, not schools, dentists and hotels and certainly not when it means parts of the footprint of the current ground being lost forever to the detriment of future expansion. The wise money I think would be on this HHP development being cancelled/abandoned in it's present format, it is an awful hotchpot and no wonder investment and takers for the units has been so slow.
Hopefully the council can link with other investors and sporting groups to put together something better in the way of a plan B. Maybe Plymouth Albion can come on board for one? And if we have to make do with a 3,800 stand which was the minimum the council said Brent could build then fine in the short term as long as we can retain the corners of the ground/the land which is earmarked to be sold for future expansion.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
jerryatricjanner":3mjubr2f said:
Ollieargyle9":3mjubr2f said:
Amazing the lack of patience some seem to have. If there's news the club can share with us it would, do people not understand the fact that this is a sensitive project based on large sums of money currently stuck in the negotiations stage?

Anything and everything the club publish is looked over by not just fans but investors and retail unit bidders alike. One accidental leak, one jumping of the gun and we lose out on a vital sum of money and the project gets pushed back further.
I admire your backing of the club and Brent almost without question Ollie and will apologise if proved to be wrong but I just cannot see this stand or development taking place under James Brent, certainly not in anything like the original plans. This area of Central Park should be for associated sporting developments only, not schools, dentists and hotels and certainly not when it means parts of the footprint of the current ground being lost forever to the detriment of future expansion. The wise money I think would be on this HHP development being cancelled/abandoned in it's present format, it is an awful hotchpot and no wonder investment and takers for the units has been so slow.
Hopefully the council can link with other investors and sporting groups to put together something better in the way of a plan B. Maybe Plymouth Albion can come on board for one? And if we have to make do with a 3,800 stand which was the minimum the council said Brent could build then fine in the short term as long as we can retain the corners of the ground/the land which is earmarked to be sold for future expansion.

Succinct and utterly on the money jj

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
In the short term it might end up as our only option to enable us to expand in the future.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
How long did it take for the 'Tradium' to materialise as the 'Horseshoe'? These things take time, plans need adjusting, goalposts are frequently moved. It seems that behind the scenes is more important than what goes on on the pitch these days. Bored of it all now.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
up_the_line":nc3yrgnn said:
jerryatricjanner":nc3yrgnn said:
Ollieargyle9":nc3yrgnn said:

Succinct and utterly on the money jj

No. Its simply an opinion that you happen to agree with.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
jerryatricjanner":18iwq2h0 said:
In the short term it might end up as our only option to enable us to expand in the future.

I think this is the one thing that most of us want the club to sort out with the plans. I think we can all agree that the money just isn't there to increase capacity above what it could be if the Mayflower steps were still seated and even if it was it could probably be better spent elsewhere at this point in time, with no real need for any extra seating (which is why comments like Steve's above aren't helpful, they set a standard the club just cannot fulfill and so come across as quite sad and pathetic really).

However the fact that we can't afford nor need more now should not limit us to what we can achieve today and I think most of us can agree with that. If the club can sort that out, then I think most of the complaints would simply peter out, if the project is what most of us want then people won't mind waiting for it, that's usually how it works.

Who knows what the club have in store, doom and gloom without any evidence just isn't me. The lack of news worries me of course it does but I don't intend to dwell on my own personal fears without any supporting evidence because for now without the evidence they are just that, my own personal fears.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
graiser":15qy8kge said:
Is there any truth in the rumours that JB cannot go ahead with the development and PCC will be funding a new development ? Has anybody heard that ?

I very much doubt PCC will announce or commit to such a thing ahead of local government elections in 2015. It's far more likely that funding for the grandstand will be secured from elsewhere.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Brents HHP was an ill-conceived plan from the very outset.

Schools and dentists in a football stadium? Dear oh dear. :facepalm: And why would we have had to endure such madness? Potentially libellous comment removed, admin. Is that the action of a man who has the best interests of Argyle as his No1 priority? Is it foook.

It just didn't make any sense on any level. Had it happened, Argyles long-term dreams and aspirations would have been shattered. Access roads for a hotel, killing any realistic expansion of the horseshoe. Who dreams this sort of poo up?

An ice rink too big for local galas, yet too small to support a realistic attempt at a National League Ice Hockey Franchise. Who thought that was a good idea? Add to that the dismissal of any thoughts of building it in an area that didn't mean it was jammed up against a 4,800 capacity ministand, with no commitment to put a fans bar in, and absolutely no chance of extending the stand at all, ever.

Who in their right mind could ever be happy to see any of that poo happening?

In years to come we will probably look back and laugh out loud that such ludicrous plans ever saw the light of day.

Thank God it will now not be happening.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Secured elsewhere is Brent's plans go belly up or secured elsewhere full stop?

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
up_the_line":3fqa4lp2 said:
IJN":3fqa4lp2 said:

Sarcasm alert:

Hey, look at me everybody, I`m an intellectual. :facepalm: