AFT sets timetable for 2014 elections | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT sets timetable for 2014 elections

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ignore Frank, Sam, he's just a miserable old Janner he really is.

I know most of the people that work in the background of the AFT and the vast majority go about their business in quiet and efficient way.

I have a problem with the Chairman as most know, but other than that, they are well meaning and hard working people who only have Argyle at heart.

Most are avid attendees and that goes a long way in my book.

Far less politics than there used to be and no outside interference from odious characters which is a also a big plus in my book.

Pasoti is happy to sponsor their fanzine (along with others) so they must be doing something right.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Please do- If nothing else, I'm sure you'll soon get a new perspective if you do.

Incidentally, if anybody does want to help but doesn't want to stand on the board itself we also have a secretary vacancy going. Please do contact us if you want to fill it.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Knarf Reprah":3nrdpn9k said:
Cheers Paul, loved yr blog, wonder how many votes I need? That would really shake them up!

I'm not sure there has actually been a vote yet (may be wrong) but I think if you go for it you're in with a good chance.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
There was one for the first election after the club came out of admin. Not one as of yet since then but we've been speaking to a lot of people and we're hoping there will be enough to make an election this year.

6 places going so we need 7 or more to stand for there to be a full vote.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Last day to register as a member if you want to either vote or stand in the elections is tomorrow before 5pm. It'll be too late for the post to reach but you can become a member online via the AFT website-

As a board member, you will be helping to make decisions and carry them out. It may involve discussing how to respond to a particular bit of news- or it may involve helping with fundraising for our RBL campaign or helping produce our fanzine. We wouldn't ask anybody to do anything they aren't could at- if you're feeling intimidated, don't be. The current board in addition to our wonderful membership team and treasurer are all very welcoming people and would help you get to grips with it as a new addition. Don't feel intimidated- if you're a Trust member with views about the approach the Trust should take and are able to help, then stand for election. We want as many people as possible to stand this year so that we have a full vote. We'd all prefer to be voted in rather than elected by default.

Stand for the AFT board and be in charge of shaping the positive future direction of the Trust!

Aug 15, 2008
GreenSam you have a PM. Also is there a portal on the Trust website to change personal details? I have moved house since registration 3 years ago.

Thanks.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Verte":198z75d0 said:
GreenSam you have a PM. Also is there a portal on the Trust website to change personal details? I have moved house since registration 3 years ago.

Thanks.
Just email membership@argylefanstrust.com and notify them of the change.

T

Tim Chown

Daz":2d67hh7p said:
Knarf Reprah":2d67hh7p said:
Cheers Paul, loved yr blog, wonder how many votes I need? That would really shake them up!

I'm not sure there has actually been a vote yet (may be wrong) but I think if you go for it you're in with a good chance.

Hi Daz,

There's been one election which went to a vote, see the formal result here. So of the current board Ed and I were elected, but you're absolutely right in that there have been two uncontested elections since.

Personally I'd like to see the AFT doing more of the positive things it has of late, like the RBL shirt sponsorship. The thrust of Sam's message is that we need more people to offer to help the Trust to make good things happen. There should still be questions asked of the club when necessary, and better understanding the PCC loan is an example of that, but it's about the right balance.

Tim

GreenSam":2o4bb3wz said:
There was one for the first election after the club came out of admin. Not one as of yet since then but we've been speaking to a lot of people and we're hoping there will be enough to make an election this year.

6 places going so we need 7 or more to stand for there to be a full vote.

Maybe I should get the 8,000 students here to join the AFT quickly and vote for me and/or Frank ?

Hmmm !!!

Keep the Faith :scarf: