Announcer | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Announcer

Jul 21, 2013
I think half the problem comes from the fact that the guys controlling the sound are based in that little house in the corner (I think?) and therefore can't even tell what the sound is like around the stadium.

Dec 3, 2005
12thGreen":3o6tk45s said:
I think half the problem comes from the fact that the guys controlling the sound are based in that little house in the corner (I think?) and therefore can't even tell what the sound is like around the stadium.

Yes, can imagine them saying - let's blast the bas*ards with sound - telling us they can't hear it - we'll show them!!

Jul 10, 2011
Last nights announcements were slightly more audible probably helped by the smaller crowd.
But it's still not good enough!

John Squire

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 28, 2008
Now retired to Uffculme near Willand!
To be honest where we sit in Block 9, we no longer bother to even try and listen, as it's hopeless!

As far as we are concerned, it could be a message saying that there is a fire beneath Block 9, and for us to evacuate!!

The PA system has historically been bad. Do they only test it when the stadium is empty?

I know as I've got older my hearing is not as it was, but I do feel it can be improved. (The PA system, not my hearing!) :scarf:

Nov 9, 2011
I could not understand the bloke reading the half times last night.
get rid!
Replace him with somebody with a clear voice!

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Womble":362wobns said:
The PA system is so poor i dont see how anyone can critisise the anouncers. The can only work with what they have.
Agreed, its perfectly fine where I sit in the grandstand.

Jul 10, 2011
Well that's all right then, what about the people having a problem receiving poor sound in other parts of the ground. I sit in block 10 and any safety broadcasts would not be clearly heard!

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
pepilgrim":1v5b3gis said:
Well that's all right then, what about the people having a problem receiving poor sound in other parts of the ground. I sit in block 10 and any safety broadcasts would not be clearly heard!

I believe the safety messages are run through a separate set of speakers.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Same in block 11 - everyone is asking each other what is he saying. Exeter and Torquay have inferior stadiums but their PA systems are excellent.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
pepilgrim":1h8atbr6 said:
The point I am making is the issue is with the PA system not the announcers which, in case you hadn't noticed, is the subject of this thread.

Jul 10, 2011
The announcer can surely be faulted when joint announcers are performing and one is coherent whilst the other seems to mumble and indecipherable from where I sit?

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
I too think that the type of voice has a lot to do with it, for this PA system anyway. A sharp and crisp voice works so much better than one that's mellow and husky (some half-time guests have demonstrated that), and I agree, however it may sound in the grandstand, over in the Lyndhurst a lot of announcements are a mystery. Coupled with that, I wonder if announcers need to announce rather than just talk into the microphone.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
GreensOnScreen":w63kbbga said:
I too think that the type of voice has a lot to do with it, for this PA system anyway. A sharp and crisp voice works so mush better than one that's mellow and husky (some half-time guests have demonstrated that), and I agree, however it may sound in the grandstand, over in the Lyndhurst a lot of announcements are a mystery. Coupled with that, I wonder if announcers need to announce rather than just talk into the microphone.

Sounds like we need Brian Measures :D

Jul 10, 2011
GreensOnScreen":2awide6d said:
I too think that the type of voice has a lot to do with it, for this PA system anyway. A sharp and crisp voice works so mush better than one that's mellow and husky (some half-time guests have demonstrated that), and I agree, however it may sound in the grandstand, over in the Lyndhurst a lot of announcements are a mystery. Coupled with that, I wonder if announcers need to announce rather than just talk into the microphone.

Makes sense to me, and better still if the speaker slows delivery and opens mouth to form the words (even exaggerate the words with facial expression) .Let's hope for improvement when Southend visit!