Announcer | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Announcer

Jul 3, 2013
I think the answers are in a previous post with the fact volunteers and people from here do it! If we were paying somebody then by all means have a winge but what can you expect for nothing. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Jul 10, 2011
Stiffler":3gsn7c92 said:
I think the answers are in a previous post with the fact volunteers and people from here do it! If we were paying somebody then by all means have a winge but what can you expect for nothing. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If this is true,and I'm fairly sure I may have contributed at some point, why has the problem festered ?

We might as well not have a man with a 'mike' reading half-time scores.

Jul 21, 2013
I don't think the actual speakers or the announcers are the problem, but rather the way in which the PA has been acoustically set up. A number of things could be done to improve it including ringing out the system of reflective frequencies, EQ'ing out the boomy low ends and boosting around the 2-5k mark, lowering the crossover point for the LF speaker cones (if we have one), and mainly - reinforcing my previous post - making sure the sound controller is actually based in the seats of the stadium.

(I know these things won't mean anything to most people but at least it may provide possible tips for the sound guys at HP :p)