Anybody here seen Derek Adams. (Now Seen). | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anybody here seen Derek Adams. (Now Seen).

Jul 29, 2010
PL2 3DQ":6m11vbes said:
X Isle":6m11vbes said:
"Deserves a holiday... BUT"? :shock:

There is no 'but', he deserves a holiday, end of.

A football season is long and tough, and Derek has now done two on the spin without a break.

Leave the poor bloke and his family alone to enjoy themselves, he's earned it :clap:

How the hell did you get "Leave the poor bloke and his family alone to enjoy themselves" from my post? :facepalm:
Because, oh facepalming one, the logical extension of your point, and the OP'S and anyone questioning why they haven't heard anything from him is that he SHOULD be heard from.

Well no, he shouldn't be heard from, he's on chuffin' holiday.

You wrote the words "Adams deserves a holiday BUT". The only but i'd involve for my employers while i'm on holiday would be a broad, pale, hairy pair of exposed buns upon which i'd be slapping the tune 'holiday' by Madonna or more code for "DO ONE".

I hope somewhere in the world Derek is doing just that :cool:

Feb 2, 2007
Let the man have a break. There are plenty of ways nowadays to "contribute" to work whilst away, should the need arise.

He will come back fitter, happier and more productive.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
I think the word 'but' has been misconstrued as it is a common term used in South Wales in a friendly type of conversation. They use the word 'tidy' in a different way too. I am sure our Welsh fans will agree.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
nick_PASTIE":1vdrinny said:
Let the man have a break. There are plenty of ways nowadays to "contribute" to work whilst away, should the need arise.

He will come back fitter, happier and more productive.
Good post. Two seasons ago we had people complaining that Sheridan did not spend enough time at the club during the season. As I understand it, once Adams returns to HP for pre-season he does not return home at all during the season, but his family remain in Scotland. So if he maximises the only break in the football calendar he well deserves it. As NP says, there are plenty of avenues of communication out there if he is needed to make a decision or contribution to current events.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
When people say 'his family remain in Scotland'... am I right in saying he's not married or has kids? Not that it's any of our business.

Obviously that helps in terms of not having a Sheridan style conflict between family and job, but it's nice for Adams to have a period where he's NOT completely obsessed with football. Alex Ferguson developed a wide range of interests in order to switch off from football, which he claims helped prolong and enhance his managerial career.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
warney":9rghd6cw said:
He definitely deserves a break but Sunderland seems a strange place to have a holiday ... :whistle:
Roker Beach is very pleasant.

Mar 5, 2012
Another nonsense post because we've got so little to talk about.

Why is Derek any different to the rest of us?, I don't ring up work when I'm away 'just checking in since you haven't heard from me"

We've had four new signings, you can't tell me he's gonna come back on Wednesday and say "oi you lot, who are you"

Cut the bloke some slack, surely after his transfer work and promotion last season allows him that?!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
X Isle":1u3tcx4s said:
samjones":1u3tcx4s said:
He is taking GC10 out to drakes island in his club dinghy to try and convince him to sign
Hang on, what happened to "he's gone"?

For one so certain, you seem remarkably unsure :wink:

I used to be indecisive but I'm just not sure anymore :crazy:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Argy1e":15q4od3z said:
memory man":15q4od3z said:
warney":15q4od3z said:
He definitely deserves a break but Sunderland seems a strange place to have a holiday ... :whistle:
Roker Beach is very pleasant.
Seaburn beach is the better of the two.
Had such a good day out at Roker never made it to Seaburn.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
So it is unclear id Derek wants to stay at Argyle. I got the same feeling I got when Holloway ditched us to be honest so i hope Derek has more integrity than Holloway.