Anybody here seen Derek Adams. (Now Seen). | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anybody here seen Derek Adams. (Now Seen).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Can you remember when McCartney went missing from the Abbey Road photo?

I tell you, something is up.

May 8, 2011
IJN":1qavx12l said:

He didn't go missing from the Hoe picture!

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
IJN":2p1p5eg4 said:

It does seem a rather odd time at present with regards to the Carey situation and lack of visibility of Derek who as we know is very hands on and with pre-season starting next week.We can but wait and hope that Derek is just having a well deserved extended holiday

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
ufo-abduction.gif

Jul 3, 2013
Biggs":3mdmnbtx said:
When people say 'his family remain in Scotland'... am I right in saying he's not married or has kids? Not that it's any of our business.

Obviously that helps in terms of not having a Sheridan style conflict between family and job, but it's nice for Adams to have a period where he's NOT completely obsessed with football. Alex Ferguson developed a wide range of interests in order to switch off from football, which he claims helped prolong and enhance his managerial career.

His Dad and Sister attend pretty much every match and are ofter seen in the away ends, the sister gets well into tge atmosphere side of things.

Jul 29, 2012
It is odd that DA appears to be absent. Then again we are signing players and presumably that is at DA's instruction. Perhaps, given that they share the same agent DA is in Scotland negotiating with GC or other players in person . Although this is pure speculation, I would imagine a prospective signing would be more impressed if DA goes to them to discuss in person rather than force them to come down to Plymouth or deal with it over the phone .In addition, apart from holidaying in the States perhaps he had gone home to spend some time with his family .

Jul 29, 2012
If there is a thought that " something is up" re DA , which club is looking for a manager? Sunderland obviously, but that appears a " no go" as their owner is looking to sell the club to a German or Chinese consortium and has placed appointing a new manager " on hold" . So if not Sunderland then where?

May 16, 2016
I heard he's in the USA, my guesss is he's probably discussing terms with David Beckhams' MLS Franchise.

Jul 29, 2010
Exactly dje. And no-one is going to sack their manager now eiether.

Unless DA fancies another period in the wilderness, possibly extended as he wouldn't endear himself to chairmen by walking out on a club with three years on a contract on the eve of a season, then where would he go? There is no logic to this thought process.

The level of paranoia on here has suddenly spiked. Silly season this year has been relatively tame, some of you seem hell bent on cramming all the silliness into the final week.

Aug 5, 2015
The fact that we've signed four players in the last couple of weeks hardly suggests inactivity on DA's part. I can't imagine any player would sign for another club without speaking to his new boss! Look what's happened at Oxford recently.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Martyn Starnes said at the PASCA meeting that he was in constant contact with DA and distance was not a problem.

This is the 21st century people!