Argyle and Wycombe charged and fined. Update | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle and Wycombe charged and fined. Update

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Perhaps they were bribed with Beachdean ice cream. :silent:

Let's face it these Football Associations have 'previous' don't they? :twisted:

If I was PAFC I'd ask that a claim of 'Bringing the game into disrepute' was levied against WWFC. A total disgrace to football in my opinion.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

What an utter farce.

Gareth Ainsworth clearly instigated the problem and then cowered away from the resulting confrontation.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
in all fairness its a very small fine, i think they took into account that we were at home and were the hosts.

But wycombe didn't get away with it ether they also got fined, i do find it unbelievable that gareth didn't get at least a one match touchline ban when the mansfield manager did.

But saying that we don't know what happened between the managers a few days later they could of made up and not put each other in trouble and are now friends again.

let's just move on now and have done with it.

disappointing mind for the fans and the supporters it was an entertaining game for all the wrong reasons and not for the football which was unfortunately what we wanted to see!!

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
Funny how managers get touchline bans for swearing at the ref, yet a manager can scream abuse right in another managers face and get away with it. The FA only really care about protecting their own. Pathetic.

Jan 3, 2013
PAFC94":22d32ppg said:
Chairboy":22d32ppg said:
Maybe you were fined more because you WERE more to blame.
I appreciate this may seem inconceivable to you.

Stop whining. It's unhealthy. Move on.

Don't feed the troll guys.

Mind the gap sonny now "go away"

Let's ignore the child from now on, I shall.....

Sep 15, 2010
Plympton
Obviously there will be no come back on the referee that day. His very poor control of the match and failure to nip any time wasting in the bud from the beginning exacerbated the whole sorry affair. No doubt there was an FA assessor present who will have made notes and I suspect had a 'quiet word' at a later date. The FA will not want to criticize one of their own. ........ It'll be interesting to note if we ever see him back at HP again......anyway sorry affair over. Onwards and Upwards eh? Move on! :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Meanwhile though he has a Wembley gig.

So far from saying 'Go away your useless' they must have said 'You've done so well, you're the Fourth Offical at Wembley for the JPT Final'.

Go work it out because I sure as hell can't.

Forget tinpot (I love that word, it's so descriptive) little old Wycombe (bless) and their obnoxious manager, how can the FA reward the loon in charge who allowed the other side to cheat for 86 minutes?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argyle Since'68":1o4v680p said:
Obviously there will be no come back on the referee that day. His very poor control of the match and failure to nip any time wasting in the bud from the beginning exacerbated the whole sorry affair. No doubt there was an FA assessor present who will have made notes and I suspect had a 'quiet word' at a later date. The FA will not want to criticize one of their own. ........ It'll be interesting to note if we ever see him back at HP again......anyway sorry affair over. Onwards and Upwards eh? Move on! :scarf:

It looks like the ref was promoted after our game - a League One game, a Championship game (tonight) and a trip to Wembley. You couldn't make it up!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Greenford":32wnm8kp said:
This is stupid Wycombe should get 100% of the fine and charge and we shouldnt get any of it.

Argyle DID admit to the charge, albeit with mitigation (which obviously didn't count for much) so pleading guilty was hardly going to see them come away scot free.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Liam Vercoe":11qr27f5 said:
According to the second article now gone up on the OS, Argyle's disciplinary record over the past 5 years, particularly vs. Exeter earlier in the season, counted against us.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/on-t ... 58238.aspx

So what else happened in the last 5 years?

5 years ago we had children against men and if they count red cards than one of them was Conor's for the free kick Vs Stourbridge. How is our record deemed so poor?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
So how does the home team become responsible for the opposition behaviour? If we got an equal fine, it would be understandable, but for us to get a higher fine after Ainsworth instigated it beggars belief.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
GreenThing":gx4jo13p said:
So how does the home team become responsible for the opposition behaviour? If we got an equal fine, it would be understandable, but for us to get a higher fine after Ainsworth instigated it beggars belief.

Maybe the fines are means tested and we've still got the CVA to pay which balances out with the dirt poor Wycombe every day and twice on a Sunday.

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Perhaps the ref's report counted for something. Let's face it, he was called all sorts during the game, and he probably doesn't like us as much we don't like him.

He took his dislike of us and plonked it right into his report. Plonker !

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Do Wycombe pay their fines by standing order to the FA?

Over the last five years, the same period we have been judged in, Wycombe have been regular visitors to the FA HQ.

Breaking agent rules in 2014.
http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/ ... 66827.aspx

Breaking agent rules in 2014.
http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/20 ... rers-fined

Failing to control players in 2014.
http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/20 ... pton-fined

Player brawl 2011.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 420745.stm

A bit before the 5 year period but it involves Ainsworth. Failing to control players in 2010.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... th-fa-fine