Argyle and Wycombe charged and fined. Update | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle and Wycombe charged and fined. Update

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Come on guys, it's not fudging rocket science...is it?

Neither the FA nor the FL like Plymouth Argyle Football Club, end of!

How many clubs have gone into Administration in, say, the past 10 years?

How many of those clubs had the same amount of stringent rules placed upon them, when coming OUT of Administration?

None! Only Argyle.

Extremely bad record? Who the fudge are they kidding?

Funnily enough, I really did expect to get a points reduction...still waiting actually...they'll think of something I'm sure.

cundles!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
£30,000 in Fines for 4 offences. £32,500 including this last one so how can their behaviour be excused as less bad than ours?

Also, if the standard fine is £1000 for failure to control, why are these fines heavier?

I don't think it's a conspiracy against us, but it's a daft decision to fine us more than Wycombe.

Assume the fracas earlier in the game referred to in the report is the one following the McHugh tackle - an ill-judged tackle but not the worst I've ever seen. The bust-up at the end is instigated by Ainsworth - Brewster is actually playing peacemaker!

Oct 24, 2010
I would think that the fourth official was the key witness on the exchanges between the managers but whatever the differences between them it was very ill disciplined of the players to charge over and get involved. Straight after their altercation which only lasted a few seconds Adams went off down the tunnel and Ainsworth went out onto the pitch and that should have been the end of it, it was the player's over reaction which resulted in the fine.

If any of the fine resulted from the on pitch incident then that is ridiculous, that sort of thing happens all the time and I doubt too many fines are handed out for it.

Oct 14, 2015
Esmer...your probably right.. There was a big melee during the Oxford and Northampton game last night just before half time, fully reported by the female Sky reporter whose name I cannot remember. I think it resulted in 3-4 bookings.....Will they get charged...

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Martyn said: "We were afforded a very fair hearing by the FA, who fully took into account our version of events.
"However, we were warned as to our future conduct after a similar incident at Exeter last February, and the FA looked at our five-year record which they described as "very poor".
"These factors were also taken into account and were contributory factors in inflating the amount of the fine which we would otherwise have received."

Martyn Starnes' response seems to suggest that he was satisfied with the outcome. If so, did the report include further problems in the tunnel that we are not aware of?

Certainly, the recorded evidence of the '41st minute' incident and the incident between the managers at the end of the game would suggest that Wycombe were more culpable than Argyle to the extent that we would have good grounds to appeal.

As has already been shown on here, Wycombe's disciplinary record over a five-year period seems to be as bad, probably worse, than ours.

Perhaps Martyn Starnes will elaborate in his regular Herald article.

davie nine":1uz0s1jt said:
Martyn Starnes' response seems to suggest that he was satisfied with the outcome. If so, did the report include further problems in the tunnel that we are not aware of?

Certainly, the recorded evidence of the '41st minute' incident and the incident between the managers at the end of the game would suggest that Wycombe were more culpable than Argyle to the extent that we would have good grounds to appeal.

As has already been shown on here, Wycombe's disciplinary record over a five-year period seems to be as bad, probably worse, than ours.

Perhaps Martyn Starnes will elaborate in his regular Herald article.

And, of course, who knows what (if anything) Derek Adams said to Ainsworth to set him off like that?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I tried to ask him that at Tavistock Jerry but he body swerved it like the true pro he is.

Oct 24, 2010
It's more than likely that Adams and Ainsworth have had a phone conversation and laughed it all off for the nonsense it was. They are both passionate managers who obviously get a bit excitable during matches and spend a lot of time, for all the good it does, berating the fourth official (I noticed Adams was doing it on Saturday). But the incident between themselves was all something and nothing until the players charged in - hence the fine.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Martyn Starnes in today's Herald
As has been previously reported, club secretary Jon Back and I travelled to Wembley on Monday this week to attend a disciplinary commission following the game against Wycombe at the end of last month.
We had received two charges of failing to ensure the players and officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion. Unfortunately, we had little option but to admit the charges and the purpose of attending the commission in person was to mitigate the inevitable fine.
We succeeded in persuading the commission to impose just the minimum sanction for the breach of regulations at the game in question but our record of similar transgressions over the last five years, particularly during the Exeter match in February 2015, was taken into account and a further £1,000 was added to our fine.
Although the amount was actually lower than I feared, I was very disappointed that our record under a previous management team and a substantially different playing squad had such an effect on our overall penalty.

So, had it not been for the Exeter incident, we would have only been fined £2,000 as against Wycombe's £2,500. Can we assume that nothing was added to Wycombe's fine due to their previous transgressions?

Oct 24, 2010
davie nine":wjnfy2iu said:
Martyn Starnes in today's Herald
As has been previously reported, club secretary Jon Back and I travelled to Wembley on Monday this week to attend a disciplinary commission following the game against Wycombe at the end of last month.
We had received two charges of failing to ensure the players and officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion. Unfortunately, we had little option but to admit the charges and the purpose of attending the commission in person was to mitigate the inevitable fine.
We succeeded in persuading the commission to impose just the minimum sanction for the breach of regulations at the game in question but our record of similar transgressions over the last five years, particularly during the Exeter match in February 2015, was taken into account and a further £1,000 was added to our fine.
Although the amount was actually lower than I feared, I was very disappointed that our record under a previous management team and a substantially different playing squad had such an effect on our overall penalty.

So, had it not been for the Exeter incident, we would have only been fined £2,000 as against Wycombe's £2,500. Can we assume that nothing was added to Wycombe's fine due to their previous transgressions?
It would appear they were fined an extra £500 which given their previous seems a bit generous.