Argyle Fans' Trust Chairman’s Update # 8 31/07/16 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Fans' Trust Chairman’s Update # 8 31/07/16

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Greenblooded1":16n2cuna said:
Perhaps this Trust could try to gain some benefit from the £330,000 that the previous Trust had built up.

That's if anyone knows what happened to it, after all, it was supposed to have been protected as a "football debt" in the liquidation.

Would kit out a great Green Taveners venue would £330,000, but seems to have vanished somewhere...

It's being paid back in installments with the last payment coming soon.
PASTDT now give grants and funding to local youth organisations.

http://www.pastdt.co.uk/

Oct 24, 2010
Knibbsworth":207eb7h0 said:
Is the Trust even a Trust any more? In the real sense of the word, compared to the Trust structures other clubs have in place.

It just seems like a thorough waste of time. The only things I ever seem to read is Parish Council newsletter type stuff, such as raising a hundred quid for this or that, or volunteers painting a wall. It's been Vicar of Dibley stuff for a long period of time.

To have sat idly and missed the concentrated fans' backlash to what is clearly the start of Premier League B teams infiltrating lower league competitions is quite shocking.

By the time the Trust will have even discussed it, let alone consulted members, Premier League clubs will have already played several games. Talk about missing the boat with that one.

Can any trust figure remind me what is the remit of the Trust, and how they have worked to represent supporters here? The thread regarding Premier League teams in the JPT has been just about Pasoti's longest running, busiest thread of the summer. Not knowing what a huge issue it was going to be would be a feeble excuse.
I think the AFT can only be accused of "missing the boat" is if they had advance notice of the proposal before it was accepted by the EFL. Initially the question should be directed to the club; where they forewarned and if so did they convey this to the AFT. If they did then the AFT are at fault but if not then the blame lies with the club.
We are stuck with this for the season whatever action the AFT can now take but it is important they plan ahead for, I assume, next Spring when the decision will be taken whether to renew the arrangement. It is therefore not unreasonable to take time to meet, agree a strategy and maybe liaise with other Trusts.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Mark_Colling":2g0pz8hb said:
PL2 3DQ":2g0pz8hb said:
argyledad":2g0pz8hb said:
The EFL Trophy is on the agenda for our next Board meeting on 20th August.

Two months too late. Nevermind.
This, with knobs on.

I have written to the Trust Secretary to express my views; far too late though it is, I suggest others do likewise so that there can be no doubt that the fans are against BTeams.
I don't normally complain on here as I prefer to go direct to the source of my communication.
However, I emailed The Secretary of AFT about the Big Green Lottery on 31st July and, as I received no response, I asked for acknowledgement of receipt on 6th August. I am wondering if emails are being viewed because I have had no response.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
PL2 3DQ":1whe6wew said:
Greenblooded1":1whe6wew said:
Perhaps this Trust could try to gain some benefit from the £330,000 that the previous Trust had built up.

That's if anyone knows what happened to it, after all, it was supposed to have been protected as a "football debt" in the liquidation.

Would kit out a great Green Taveners venue would £330,000, but seems to have vanished somewhere...

PASTDT is a registered charity and so has to spend its funds in accordance with its stated objectives and not funding the Argyle Fans Trust.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
davie nine":3040b9ry said:
Mark_Colling":3040b9ry said:
PL2 3DQ":3040b9ry said:
argyledad":3040b9ry said:
The EFL Trophy is on the agenda for our next Board meeting on 20th August.

Two months too late. Nevermind.
This, with knobs on.

I have written to the Trust Secretary to express my views; far too late though it is, I suggest others do likewise so that there can be no doubt that the fans are against BTeams.
I don't normally complain on here as I prefer to go direct to the source of my communication.
However, I emailed The Secretary of AFT about the Big Green Lottery on 31st July and, as I received no response, I asked for acknowledgement of receipt on 6th August. I am wondering if emails are being viewed because I have had no response.
In the interests of fairness, I did receive a response, informing me that the matter would be discussed on the 20th.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Having read through this thread maybe it could be re-named "Poisoned Chalice II", this time in reference to the AFT Chairman's job instead of the team manager!

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
esmer":1u9z4yal said:
I don't agree about the kit colour, it is far too dull and could well have a negative effect on our passing. The kit needs to be bright to the players can instantly spot their colleagues. Marginal gains and all that.
We should have a strip which enhances the team's performance not one which sells well in the club shop.
This.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Mark_Colling":npp0omh3 said:
PL2 3DQ":npp0omh3 said:
Greenblooded1":npp0omh3 said:

PASTDT is a registered charity and so has to spend its funds in accordance with its stated objectives and not funding the Argyle Fans Trust.

Thanks for the clarification. Hard to see where £330,000 is accounted for though, I would have thought an amount that large should have been highly visibly broken down.

I won't open old wounds, suffice to say what a wasted opportunity. I shan't be making the same mistake again, I expect others won't either.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Greenblooded1":3bh5hn0k said:
I won't open old wounds, suffice to say what a wasted opportunity. I shan't be making the same mistake again, I expect others won't either.

Explain that comment GB1?

What was a wasted opportunity? What mistake did you make?

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
IJN":3s8d6byy said:
Greenblooded1":3s8d6byy said:

£330,000 is a serious sum enabling long term revenue generation. It could have bought training facilities, rebuilt the Far post Club, Fan Fest venue, kitted out a section of the Grandstand (or new one) etc etc. If it can be used(abused) to pay Argyle player salaries in time of Argyle crisis, I don't believe the BS on charity spend restrictions, lateral thought was needed.

Mistakenly giving cash for others to waste.

£330,000 has been frittered away IMHO.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Greenblooded1":12ziy0nk said:
IJN":12ziy0nk said:
Greenblooded1":12ziy0nk said:

£330,000 is a serious sum enabling long term revenue generation. It could have bought training facilities, rebuilt the Far post Club, Fan Fest venue, kitted out a section of the Grandstand (or new one) etc etc. If it can be used(abused) to pay Argyle player salaries in time of Argyle crisis, I don't believe the BS on charity spend restrictions, lateral thought was needed.

It's been mentioned above that PASTD&DT are a registered charity and therefore cannot give funds away, there was an investigation by the Charity Commission in 2011/2012 about the £330,000 loan to the club and obviously the Trustees don't want to go down that road again.
Link

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Greenblooded1":3rigz5jm said:
IJN":3rigz5jm said:
Greenblooded1":3rigz5jm said:

Thanks for the clarification.

It's all old ground now though, but at the time I thought the money had been 'stolen' from the well meaning fans.

At least now it has been paid back, or virtually paid back, it can be used for decent community activities.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Hi argyledad. I notice from the list of board members on the AFT website that long-standing member Tim Chown is no longer on the list of board members and there is a new member - Tom Moore, welcome and good luck to him.

Was there an announcement of this change or did I miss it from one of your updates and was Tom elected or co-opted?

Dec 21, 2010
Hi Postcode. Sadly, as previously reported, Tim stood down at the time of the last AGM i. e. November 2015. Tom was coopted by the new committee after the AGM

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
argyledad":dqemd8xk said:
Hi Postcode. Sadly, as previously reported, Tim stood down at the time of the last AGM i. e. November 2015. Tom was coopted by the new committee after the AGM

Thanks, I missed that.