Argyle playing a match today (0-0 v Feyenoord) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle playing a match today (0-0 v Feyenoord)

Mar 21, 2008
Argyle report states the visitors weren't able to watch the match even though Adams asked, sounds like a very secretive affair obviously with everything that's gone on, really positive on the other hand though to get some competitive football in a game that sounds like it was more up-tempo than the Cardiff game

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Rob_GT4":1u06rsuj said:
Argyle report states the visitors weren't able to watch the match even though Adams asked, sounds like a very secretive affair obviously with everything that's gone on, really positive on the other hand though to get some competitive football in a game that sounds like it was more up-tempo than the Cardiff game
It is clear that Derek Adams and Jon Back did their best to enable the official guests to attend today's game. Very unfortunate for them and they deserve every sympathy and, hopefully, staff will make a special effort to ensure that they enjoy the remainder of their stay.

Rob McNichol is again providing daily insightful and humorous reports into the 'goings on' in Holland. I am sure that the players are being put through their paces with serious training but it appears that they are also enjoying the inevitable bonding that is one of the main objectives of the tour.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Rob McNichol's diaries are a real highlight and a great insight into the training camp. They were excellent last year too. Those that haven't read them, head over to the baggo. Day 3 is superb.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
From looking at the few photos of the match they give a clue as to the starting line up for the Peterborough game, especially for the positions of Carey and Lameiras.
In the pre-season games where they played in the same Carey was on the right and Lameiras in the middle behind the striker and this looked to be the case against Feyenoord and maybe Peterborough.

Although it's possible the photos of the match were taken after several subs were made.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
monkeywrench":34dgtyxo said:
Rob McNichol's diaries are a real highlight and a great insight into the training camp. They were excellent last year too. Those that haven't read them, head over to the baggo. Day 3 is superb.
i agree.his reports are very entertaining and informative

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
X Isle":23rw5slj said:
Maybe we should try this every pre season, just rock up and play the nations reigning champions.

Great stuff Argyle :clap:

PS - I particularly like the fact Feyenoord were "one of a number of clubs" who responded. Might get a second game out there yet.

Must be about time for a anniversary game against Real Madrid :D (At the Bernabeu, preferably).

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Nobby":2svxx9tu said:
X Isle":2svxx9tu said:
Maybe we should try this every pre season, just rock up and play the nations reigning champions.

Great stuff Argyle :clap:

PS - I particularly like the fact Feyenoord were "one of a number of clubs" who responded. Might get a second game out there yet.

Must be about time for a anniversary game against Real Madrid :D (At the Bernabeu, preferably).

11 years ago last Friday, where has all the time gone!

I was one of the privileged few who managed to get there. What a weekend that was!

May 8, 2011
Went back to Delden today, got the shirt signed, had a chat with Mr Adams and had my photo taken with him.
Made up for the disappointment of not seeing a game.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":309pp2au said:
Rob_GT4":309pp2au said:
It is clear that Derek Adams and Jon Back did their best to enable the official guests to attend today's game. Very unfortunate for them and they deserve every sympathy and, hopefully, staff will make a special effort to ensure that they enjoy the remainder of their stay.

Rob McNichol is again providing daily insightful and humorous reports into the 'goings on' in Holland. I am sure that the players are being put through their paces with serious training but it appears that they are also enjoying the inevitable bonding that is one of the main objectives of the tour.
I'd put money on DA going out of his way to make sure they have a great time. He's that type of guy.