Argyle to join the Central League - confirmed | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle to join the Central League - confirmed

Oct 31, 2015
This is very good news for the squad players and youngsters. We must have found some budget for this.

Much better standard than swpl. Oh for the days of decent reserve team football

Well done PAFC

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Bermudian Green":2kqqlf4e said:
Great news, and surely much better for the development of OUR players than by playing against someone else's 16 and 17 yr olds.
It is great news but I would argue that this would be the right place for, say, Chelsea's u23s to be playing. More games against senior players in a season and no pretence that it is a first team game.

jlm

Jul 6, 2016
This is great news. Other than (potentially) Fletcher and maybe Purrington I can't think of any of our own breaking into the first team since we've been playing in the SWPL?? I'm sure I'll be corrected there though

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Just a shame they are early kick offs

Feb 28, 2016
jlm":1fbkqokd said:
This is great news. Other than (potentially) Fletcher and maybe Purrington I can't think of any of our own breaking into the first team since we've been playing in the SWPL?? I'm sure I'll be corrected there though

And you can count the times Purrington played in the SWPL on one hand he was already a squad player as an often unused sub. Bentley has a couple of appearances has played a lot of SWPL football and got a professional contract, Callum Rose again played a lot of SWPL so I suppose we should wait to the end of this season see where those boys are to to see if it's any use. Taylor, Battle and Rooney have all played a lot as well so will be interesting to see if any of them can do anything on development contracts.

Jan 27, 2012
If these were evening games played at a small ground, such as Parkway, then it would draw reasonable crowds from people who like to see the players up close. It would also generate a decent income for a local club as well as bringing the players closer to the community. I used to like some of the eveninmg games at smaller venues (such as the pre-season games). It would also be good for the players to play in front of crowds and create a better atmosphere than a deserted stadium with only coaches watching.