Argyle v Northampton match day thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Northampton match day thread

Oct 31, 2015
Good result. Cobblers were poor (worse than us) bit the football was dire.

I WAS THERE WHEN WE WON ON A TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!:)

Aug 3, 2017
Ade the green":2ve1d0ne said:
Isondil":2ve1d0ne said:
Knibbsworth":2ve1d0ne said:
Andy_S":2ve1d0ne said:
Knibbsworth":2ve1d0ne said:
Cobi Budge":2ve1d0ne said:
Been scrappy but we've definitely been the more threatening team & carried on pressing forward since we took the lead. Taylor Sinclair by far our best player to be honest, defensively and offensively.

Matthews has been limping all game, did pull off a very good save from their only chance.

I'm sure Fleetwood would have targeted him massively on corners and done whatever it took to get Max Childs his debut.

Could have sworn we were playing Northampton!

:scarf:

No I'm referring to the Fleetwood tactics which targeted Oscar Threlkeld. His first game back from injury and they crunched him at every opportunity until he went off injured.

Sensible tactic in my opinion, at least for 10 minutes or so. I never understand why we never target a CB or CM on a yellow card.

Heā€™s not talking about targeting a player on a yellow. Heā€™s talking about targeting a player with an obvious injury.

As am I. Why shouldnā€™t you test to see if he is indeed match fit? Likewise why do you not target players booked? If a player has been out for a few weeks injured, of course the first two or three tackles should be hard. Same when a player goes off and receives treatment, when he comes back on another heavy tackle. Nothing illegal, just hard. Itā€™s like if there were an accidental clash of heads and a guy gets stitches, you test him with a few high balls. Itā€™s called gamesmanship.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Slightly gutted that Bury managed a win. Vital result as the table would look a whole lot worse if we'd conceded 3 points to Northampton.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Excellent 2-0 Home Win as predicted

Great performance by the lads tonight & 2 well taken goals by Sonny Bradley

Big thank you to Pasoti for the match tickets in The Lyndhurst Stand ( Brilliant seats in Block 12 )

Onwards & Upwards

In Adams WE Trust !

Green as Grass

ā™£ļø North Devon Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Ash Taylor previously with Aberdeen was one of Northamptons centre backs last night. I thought that in the summer it was possible he may have come to us. Any observations on how he played.

Due to work commitments I didn't get to last nights game, this is the second home league game that I have missed this season....the first was against Charlton. I am now thinking that I should give up my season ticket, not go to any more home games and then watch Argyle go storming up the league table...... :scarf: Don't you just love supporting Argyle??