Argyle v Stevenage MATCH THREAD | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Stevenage MATCH THREAD

Jan 7, 2013
X Isle":28e2p382 said:
Quintrell_Green":28e2p382 said:
Verte":28e2p382 said:
What's annoying is that we have shown that we can play and play well, just not today!

Last season it was called a lack of consistency. What is it called this season?

Erm, a lack of consistency still? :think:

Most definitely a point gained, doesn't sound like we ever had a sniff at three of 'em tonight :sad:

Celebrate the wins, take the draws and forget the defeats. The league wasn't won on Saturday and it's not been lost tonight, onwards.
Well said X

Aug 15, 2008
Sign of a good team not losing while being second best!

I did say injury time leveller but it was more like extra time!

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
clokey84":2j4ygsh6 said:
X Isle":2j4ygsh6 said:
Quintrell_Green":2j4ygsh6 said:
Verte":2j4ygsh6 said:
What's annoying is that we have shown that we can play and play well, just not today!

Last season it was called a lack of consistency. What is it called this season?

Erm, a lack of consistency still? :think:

Most definitely a point gained, doesn't sound like we ever had a sniff at three of 'em tonight :sad:

Celebrate the wins, take the draws and forget the defeats. The league wasn't won on Saturday and it's not been lost tonight, onwards.
Well said X
:thumbup:
http://www.vpfunworld.com/wp-content/up ... tions_.jpg
Now for all the negatives on Pasoti - might go over to Exeweb :lol:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
jimmygreen":3t08suwl said:
Smalley is off and running now too. Can't just rely on Reid to get the goals. Might give him a bit of confidence.

Too true. Teams will be targeting Reid for close attention especially at Home Park. We need our other attacking threats to step up. Banton and Alessandra in particular.

Apr 13, 2014
St Mawgan
Couldn't make it tonight for personal reasons, but a point like that could be crucial come May. Assume the usual mass exodus meant many missed the penalty??

Nov 4, 2012
It was a poor performance but when you play bad it's important not to lose. On saturday and for against Orient we shown how good we can be.

I also took note of how physical Stevenage were, a big team of brutes that were very well organised. Neither team deserved to win, we take the point and on to Bury.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
cheshiregreen":1x0f3v0e said:
jimmygreen":1x0f3v0e said:
Smalley is off and running now too. Can't just rely on Reid to get the goals. Might give him a bit of confidence.

Too true. Teams will be targeting Reid for close attention especially at Home Park. We need our other attacking threats to step up. Banton and Alessandra in particular.

Banton was disgraceful tonight, can't see him contributing much.

Nov 4, 2012
argobenz":x809x4kq said:
cheshiregreen":x809x4kq said:
jimmygreen":x809x4kq said:

For christ sake, why do we have to single out players and slate them when they have a bad game? Banton clearly has talent but also has his weaknesses. He was great against Exeter I thought and on his day is a very good player.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
PAFC94":rvdhqng3 said:
argobenz":rvdhqng3 said:
cheshiregreen":rvdhqng3 said:
jimmygreen":rvdhqng3 said:

For christ sake, why do we have to single out players and slate them when they have a bad game? Banton clearly has talent but also has his weaknesses. He was great against Exeter I thought and on his day is a very good player.
Spot on - very few players are good every game so give them all a break please. 3 games in and 4 points which is OK. Westleys teams are always big and time waste. Take a pointand move on.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I don't think we'll come across a team as big and physical as them, as soon as I saw Graham Westley was their manager I knew they would bully us off the pitch and we wouldn't be able to play as free flowing as saturday and last tuesday but a point is a point, there will be times where we play better than that and lose.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Good shout 94.

After every game, threads are started on specific players. Be it Banton, McHugh or Harvey - it's a team game, but, there has to be negative threads against individual players. Shame.