Argyle v Swansea match thread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Swansea match thread

Jul 29, 2010
Never have seen the point of playing much better opposition but hopefully Sheridan and Harbin can make the lads rationalise a heavy defeat and hopefully they'll be fitter for all that running around.

Onwards :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
4-0 probably doesn't paint a true reflection of the majority if our performance but it still feels slightly damaging to the team confidence.

Feb 8, 2005
X Isle":95ydr9hk said:
Never have seen the point of playing much better opposition but hopefully Sheridan and Harbin can make the lads rationalise a heavy defeat and hopefully they'll be fitter for all that running around.

Onwards :scarf:

Fitness and shape, X-ey. Premiership teams tend to hold onto the ball a bit more, so it will give our boys a chance to show the manager that they know what he wants when we don't have the ball!

B

barmybodminbill

Surely john harbin job is to get our players heads back together.... Ready to go again on weds...it will hurt the players but the have to putvthe game into perspective they were a near full strength premier side who should on paper have won comfortably..... We have to take the postives from the game no matter how small they are, not being at the game but following the reports on line it seems we competed well for most of the game and the 2nd and 3 rd were against the run of play.... Onwards and upwards towards the game that matters, cambridge

Nov 4, 2012
4-0 flattered them, a lot of positives for me, I thought for the first 20 of the 2nd half we were the better side and knocked the ball around nicely, Morgan and Banton were my stand out players and Mellor also impressed me. Looking forward to August 9th.

Jul 6, 2011
PAFC94":3jeri4k8 said:
4-0 flattered them, a lot of positives for me, I thought for the first 20 of the 2nd half we were the better side and knocked the ball around nicely, Morgan and Banton were my stand out players and Mellor also impressed me. Looking forward to August 9th.

Quite funny when you remember that prima donna Durrell Berry is still without a club, long may it continue....

Jan 3, 2013
Mr moaner here, hugely impressed with the way we tried to play football, the centre of the back four looked solid, Mellor is quite a find although his defending needs sharpening up. The left back (mchugh) ?? Looked confident but had tendency to drift inside. Lewi looked fit and keen, and Banton ran further today both attacking and chasing back than I have ever seen. We re still crap at throw ins, and the centre circle is yet again unpopulated throughout the game. The previous poster stated that Morgan was a stand out. Each to our own but I thought he was the worst player on the pitch(closely followed by Reid). However, nor burn has confounded me, an excellent game by him too. All in all I now have more confidence that we ll be more than just ok this season. Illuminating to see Swansea's running off the ball, retention of possession, and seeing the game run by Shelvey who was always available even if he can't play the long ball at all! Well fone Argo 4 0 was not a fair result

G

GreenMidlander

A pretty good run out I thought. Swansea's class ultimately showed though.

Definetly some promising signs for the season ahead.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
A lot of positives from the game--first half was spent chasing shadows but a much better second half. No passengers on the pitch (although not entirely convinced by Morgan), Banton looked very very sharp. This looks like a decent squad of players. Swansea were a pleasure to watch although I couldn't help but reflect that if Argyle had played their possession game some of our supporters would have booed them off the pitch.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
I thought Morgan did a lot more than the ineffective Reid and Alessandra today. Mellor looked better going forward than previous friendlys. Cox and Norburn looked solid, putting in good tackles and showing good strength. I still think we need a Left back as McHugh as clearly a centre back. That's twice now McCormicks made a mistake in these friendlys, the other one against Tavy, maybe a slight cause for concern. On the whole it was nice to see some prem players at home park and good to hear Shez has said we need more depth- meaning more signings.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What would be good is if Sheridan sat down with Gary Monk and/or another coach from Swansea and get a unbiased report from them on our play and try and extract some valuable information on Swansea's ability to hold possession, ball retention and the off the ball movement vision.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Enjoyable evening that and the 4 nil scoreline seemed harsh. The first 2 were gifts of goals from sloppy play and the 3rd was a clinical break following more sloppy passing. The 4th you had to applaud though. Shelvey and Sigurdson were a joy to watch. We gave them a good game though, I just wish our players would shoot or cross the ball sooner however. They always seem to want to cut it back 1 more time or have 1 extra touch and by then they've lost their chance and wasted possession.

Jun 22, 2005
I was there too. Swansea were obviously a class above us bit 4 nil did flatter them. They were more composed and saw passes, moved and crossed quicker than we did but hey, they're a premier league side who played in Europe last season.

First half we barely touched the ball and resorted to hoofing it long when we did get possession. However second half we kept it down and passed it well and made some decent chances. Play like that in league 2 and we'll be ok. Morgan was an absolute donkey for me unfortunately. Impressed by the new lad's too.