Argyle vs Chelski (Original thread) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle vs Chelski (Original thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2010
Erm, the fans are fighting for this club too. Chelski creche is but one small skirmish, the WAR is against the insidious introduction of B Teams.

Derek should side with the fans views (we voted overwhelmingly against support for this competition) if he wants to fight for the club.

Fulfil the fixture by all means but don't try to pull on heart strings and instigate guilt trips because we have principles. Poor form by the gaffer there.

P

Positively Green

X Isle":1avm6x9k said:
Erm, the fans are fighting for this club too. Chelski creche is but one small skirmish, the WAR is against the insidious introduction of B Teams.

Derek should side with the fans views (we voted overwhelmingly against support for this competition) if he wants to fight for the club.

Fulfil the fixture by all means but don't try to pull on heart strings and instigate guilt trips because we have principles. Poor form by the gaffer there.

Guilt trips are also instigated by implying anyone attending on Tuesday should feel shame.

There is more than one way of looking at this decision. I have made mine. We will attend.

:scarf:

P

Positively Green

X Isle":278em4f7 said:
They should IMHO.

" I will be more ashamed when I am watching Arsenal v whoever they are playing tonight (on tv) than I will be watching Argyle v Chelsea Under 23s at Home Park on Tuesday night".

E

exmu

When Argyle announce the attendance for this fixture, will this include the 3 free kids allowed in with one paying adult, i suspect it will in order to give the fixture more credability , be in no doubt that this competition is intended to pave the way for premiership B teams to enter the league pyramid , which in turn will be the demise of the current system and ensuring some clubs will go out of business. A boycott from all fans with the long term interest of the future of our game is the only way to prevent the big boys from taking over. I dream of PAFC getting to the premiership , but not at the expense of our wonderful pyramid which gives all teams hope of achieving this goal.
My first ever post so be kind to me

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I just find it sad that not one of the supporters groups has said anything about this,not withstanding that they are quick to publicise their own events on this website....Senior Greens, Plymouth Argyle Supporters Plymouth branch, Cornwall Branch, London Branch, Argyle Fans Trust,Vice Presidents Club, Green Taverners,Greens on Screen....what is your take...

P

Positively Green

oddball":3kwwfqm4 said:
I just find it sad that not one of the supporters groups has said anything about this,not withstanding that they are quick to publicise their own events on this website....Senior Greens, Plymouth Argyle Supporters Plymouth branch, Cornwall Branch, London Branch, Senior Greens, Argyle Fans Trust,Vice Presidents Club, Green Taverners,Greens on Screen....what is your take...

That they don't all have the same opinion in discussions and that they respect the fans enough to let them make their own minds up perhaps?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Most of them are non political, you wouldn't expect them to come out and comment.

People should be able to make up their own mind and do their own thing.

I have.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN":bprlc6ke said:
Most of them are non political, you wouldn't expect them to come out and comment.

People should be able to make up their own mind and do their own thing.

I have.
IJN so what are you going to do then, I'd like to know and, as a guess so would a lot of others.

E

exmu

chunkymonkey78":55ipq0mr said:
Why is it that people are convinced this will lead to academy teams in the league pyramid?

Because it is obvious, all big business when they have an agenda that may prove unpopular will subtly chip away and get away with what they can until such a time when it is considered the norm, it takes time to do this , and this is the first step, a little bit like supermarkets opening self service tills , one or two at first , then a few more , leading to people seeing queue's at manned tills and nobody queuing at the self service ones , so subtly getting people to use them , and then justify opening even more by saying it is customer driven. eventually there will be no manned tills.
It's a form of slow brainwashing until their own agenda becomes accepted. If this format continues then league re=structuring will follow , with premiership B teams in the league pyramid.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Because there are a lot of people who know so much about the future that they have become rather OTT about it all to the extent that they do not realise that they are bullying away others freedom of choice.

Feb 23, 2008
exmu":3vcetfzc said:
chunkymonkey78":3vcetfzc said:
Why is it that people are convinced this will lead to academy teams in the league pyramid?

Because it is obvious, all big business when they have an agenda that may prove unpopular will subtly chip away and get away with what they can until such a time when it is considered the norm, it takes time to do this , and this is the first step, a little bit like supermarkets opening self service tills , one or two at first , then a few more , leading to people seeing queue's at manned tills and nobody queuing at the self service ones , so subtly getting people to use them , and then justify opening even more by saying it is customer driven. eventually there will be no manned tills.
It's a form of slow brainwashing until their own agenda becomes accepted. If this format continues then league re=structuring will follow , with premiership B teams in the league pyramid.

Surely there would be a vote etc and if it was forced through then that would be the time to boycott those fixtures?

Feb 23, 2008
Northernlightgreen":3jms6nqn said:
Because there are a lot of people who know so much about the future that they have become rather OTT about it all to the extent that they do not realise that they are bullying away others freedom of choice.

Seeing as it was my kids that wanted to go, Argyle have put effort into making it attractive for them, its a cheap evening out for them summer holidays wise and as when the England u20's played here there may be some stars of the future playing then I do kind of feel like I'm in the minority for taking them.....my two were delighted when they realised they'd seen Pickford play taking into account where he is now.

I wonder how many will boycott if we do well and get a sniff of Wembley.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I guess victory for the boycotters will be when the powers that be say that B teams will not be allowed to enter the pyramid structure....... oh hang on, hasn't that already been said?

Status
Not open for further replies.