Argyle's average revenue per ticket is less than £11 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle's average revenue per ticket is less than £11

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Net of VAT a full adult ticket is 16.66 bought in advance or about 18.40 if bought on the day.
Season tickets will work out much less again per game.,
Child season tickets, senior citizen season tickets and season family tickets will be much lower.
Student and U16 tickets will be much lower.
Senior citizen tickets will be much lower.
I would think in view of the number of U16s, students and senior citizens who attend games that Starnes rather than talking cobblers is pretty close to the mark with his figures.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Is the £11 figure reached because we are still paying historical debt (not the balloon payment)?

We pay £200,000 a season to creditors (two more payments left to settle), which over a 23 game season would work out at around £8,700 per home game or £1.25 per ticket (on a gate of 7,000) set aside to pay off the debt. Maybe that's why the £11 figure is quoted?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Reading the quotes it doesn't seem to have anything to do with historical debt. He uses the ball park figure for an adult of £20 less VAT so about 16.66 net per customer. Allowing for all those who are discounted like season ticket holders,families, juniors. senior citizens etc. he then arrives at his figure of £11 or so. Seems about right. I don't know the season ticket prices but if they worked out at £15 a game on average for adults that's only £12.50 net of VAT for each adult never mind the further concessions for those who qualify for cheaper season tickets.

Jan 3, 2013
What's the answer? Certainly not increased prices! The southwest is cash strapped, for my youngest, her hubby, plus two kids it is £54 to get in, £10 for the Fanfest, £15 in petrol plus bridge fees, £3 for a programme. That's £85 before incidental expenses eg fags, cokes etc EVERY GAME. This to watch let's face it pretty mediocre fare. They would love to attend every game nut how on earth can a young family afford it? They'll be lost to SKY. Reduce the prices and more will come

Aug 10, 2006
on cheap tickets to get more fans in I see Mansfield charged Cheltenham and it will be the same for Exeter and Northampton fans 7 pound.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
oddball":2y94xrtd said:
Cobblers....even when Todd was here and there were freebies given out left right and centre the average take was £15 a ticket....now its suddenly dropped to less than £11 a ticket despite the fact that even a concession is now £15.the figures dont add up....perhaps the herald/aft/etc could ask starnes for his working papers to substantiate his claim...

The half season tickets that are currently on sale have under 18s paying just £3.80ish plus VAT per game. That will reduce the average price considerably.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Jasa":y4b36pub said:
Season tickets work out as around £13 per game.

with or without VAT?

C

Cobi Budge.

Reduce the prices and a few more will come but I barely think the change would be noticeable.

We've tried reduced tickets time and time again, the crowds don't increase by much, I remember when we played forest in the championship, the match was free for everyone and we still didn't sell out.

I know it's a subject which draws strong debate but I'll say it again, Plymouth isn't a football city, and if it is, then it's a plastic city full of glory fans. The reason is largely because it's a huge city and England's biggest never to host top flight football, constant underachievement has caused this disinterest.

More Janners laugh at the club than support it, I see it every day.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Cobi Budge.":2pgtx56b said:
Reduce the prices and a few more will come but I barely think the change would be noticeable.

We've tried reduced tickets time and time again, the crowds don't increase by much, I remember when we played forest in the championship, the match was free for everyone and we still didn't sell out.

I know it's a subject which draws strong debate but I'll say it again, Plymouth isn't a football city, and if it is, then it's a plastic city full of glory fans. The reason is largely because it's a huge city and England's biggest never to host top flight football, constant underachievement has caused this disinterest.

More Janners laugh at the club than support it, I see it every day.

Cobi Budge...Thats a PASOTI fact and is simply not true. The match to which you refer was against Nottingham Forest and free tickets were given out to schools and youth football teams,the match was not at all free for everyone.Plymouth may not be a football city,dont agree with that either,in fact if we were still in the FA Cup and drew a premier team such as Man United Chelsea you would get a full house,no worries.Its just that people have had enough of mediocrity,
you can only watch so much fourth division football before people reach their tolerance level

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Plymouth would soon become a football city if it had a team that moved rapidly up the leagues and into the Premier League. No doubt.

This is a chicken and egg problem. More people will pay more money to watch an already successful side but to become a successful side you need more people to pay more money to watch the side before the success arrives. Or you need a massive cash injection from a wealthy benefactor.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
More people attend fourth division matches at Home Park now than they previously did, this new found support can likely be attributed to the success of the double promotion period and sustained time in the Championship. Our club can be of interest to the city and core fan growth is possible with the right decisions and backing. To reduce and limit is not the right move, its unambitious, its defeatist, its depressing.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge. said:
The reason is largely because it's a huge city and England's biggest never to host top flight football, /quote]

I believe that the people of this City are actually proud of this so called stat because they are forever bringing it up and boasting about it when it can quite easily be fobbed off to cities elsewhere in the country. It is a debate that has furnished these pages on many occasions.