Banned for Season Ticket Misuse? (Club statement) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Banned for Season Ticket Misuse? (Club statement)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Chancellor":2jsv744d said:
It must be more serious than misuse of a ST if the word defraud is being used. Besides, it works both ways, if I cant go one of my kids or their friends use my ticket. So an Under 18 in a fully paid for seat. Also it cant be because it was someone elses ticket, after all dont Pasoti have several season tickets they hand out on a regular basis?

To bring the Pasoti free tickets scheme into this, which benefits hundreds of fans, is pathetic even by your standards.

Mar 18, 2006
Clearly more to it.
Ultimately, on the rare ocasssion iI canā€™t make a game I give my ticket to someone who can.
If someone is genuinely defrauding the club I have no sympathy .

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Is there any chance you can stay off here pal. You won't get banned as you all love to be , badge of office and all that. but we are really proud of what we do regarding fund raising etc. You've pushed our button once too ofter, why not run off with the other haters eh, do us all a favour.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Chancellor":1w9k3aab said:
It must be more serious than misuse of a ST if the word defraud is being used. Besides, it works both ways, if I cant go one of my kids or their friends use my ticket. So an Under 18 in a fully paid for seat. Also it cant be because it was someone elses ticket, after all dont Pasoti have several season tickets they hand out on a regular basis?

I had the pleasure of accepting a PASOTI ticket for a game once. I wasn't given a season ticket card to enter, the club issued an individual paper ticket for the seat. It's not as if any Tom Dick or Harry is using the same card each week.

KCJ

Nov 23, 2011
Ridiculous conjecture removed by Site Admin. This incident involves no member of staff of PAFC. Please think before posting. Thank you.

Apr 6, 2009
Lundan Cabbie":3udsj9du said:
Are carers tickets at HP given free/heavily discounted as they are at other clubs?

On the website it would appear they are complimentary

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Overall I try and avoid the internecine Argyle conflicts as far as I can but this is ugly and nasty. A "fan" says he is a carer to get a heavily discounted ticket but isn't and has abused the system for years it seems. Then, we have his mates come on here and try and say that Argyle fans that pay not only their own tickets but assist those less fortunate to attend home games are somehow in the same boat.

Disgusting is the only word that describes it. Those involved need to take a long hard look at themselves and their "mates" and their actions.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
katkin":1eaxxyxn said:
Lundan Cabbie":1eaxxyxn said:
Are carers tickets at HP given free/heavily discounted as they are at other clubs?

Then if someone has obtained one fraudulently I can understand why the club would consider involving the Police. It could have been going on in previous seasons too and therefore a fraud that possibly runs into thousands of pounds.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Again I say, best leave all conjecture out of this, the police are dealing with it, why not leave it there?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
katkin":3czd7upe said:
Lundan Cabbie":3czd7upe said:

Yes, it says on the club website a carers ticket is free .....

CARER/ASSISTANT TICKETSĀ 
If you require a carer/assistant to be with you in order to attend matches at Home Park,complimentary carerā€™s ticketsare available by right to those supporters who are in receipt of the higher level of carerā€™s or mobility allowance only.Ā  However, we are happy to consider requests on a case by case basis from those who donā€™t meet the strict criteria.Please contact the ticket office for more details. In most cases our DLO will arrange a personal meeting to discuss any specific needs.

Please note that that the issue and use of carerā€™s tickets is closely monitored and may require annual reapplication.Ā  These tickets are issued solely to enable a disabled supporter to attend and enjoy the match, therefore they are not valid and must not be used if the disabled supporter is not in attendance.Any misuse of a carerā€™s ticket is likely to result in it being withdrawn.

Link

PL2 3DQ":n8z6v4bg said:
katkin":n8z6v4bg said:
Lundan Cabbie":n8z6v4bg said:

Yes, it says on the club website a carers ticket is free .....

CARER/ASSISTANT TICKETSĀ 
If you require a carer/assistant to be with you in order to attend matches at Home Park,complimentary carerā€™s ticketsare available by right to those supporters who are in receipt of the higher level of carerā€™s or mobility allowance only.Ā  However, we are happy to consider requests on a case by case basis from those who donā€™t meet the strict criteria.Please contact the ticket office for more details. In most cases our DLO will arrange a personal meeting to discuss any specific needs.

Please note that that the issue and use of carerā€™s tickets is closely monitored and may require annual reapplication.Ā  These tickets are issued solely to enable a disabled supporter to attend and enjoy the match, therefore they are not valid and must not be used if the disabled supporter is not in attendance.Any misuse of a carerā€™s ticket is likely to result in it being withdrawn.

Link
I was a full time carer for my late dad who was severely disabled(double amputee)
and i used to get in for free with him though we had to provide proof annually of
him recieving the top rate of DLA.
Dad did have to pay for his disabled season ticket in the disabled stand though.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Surely the conjecture about the persons use of a ticket should also be removed? Or is that okay? Let's ensure things are kept equal.

Aug 3, 2017
Defrauding is a broad term. Will be interesting to hear if any facts get published post consultation with the police.

I care for my wife. Sadly she doesnā€™t like football so itā€™s rare for me to attend games anymore. If the allegations concerning misuse of a carers ticket are founded, it would be bitterly disappointing. Not least for other carers, but those that are cared for.

Like someone posted earlier, nip in to the ticket officer and pay the difference on tickets that would otherwise be unused.

Feb 8, 2005
A carer is just that, a carer. It is a person who assists a disabled person who may not be able to do what an able bodied person is able to do, without assistance, and the carer is therefore given free entry in order to assist the disabled person, who has paid the required cost of entry.

The same applies to other walks of life such as The National Trust.

The emphasis is on the assistance of the disabled person.

Entry is conditional that the carer enters with the disabled person and will not be allowed to enter on his or her own right.

Unfortunately if this was the case, it not only puts the carer in an extremely difficult position, but also the disabled person, who may not be able to afford to lose their carer and may not be able to attend future matches.

PAFC will have to tread a careful line with this incident, but I am sure there will be precedents at this or other football clubs for them to rely on.