Banton | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Banton

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
A confidence player if ever there was one. It shows up in his reluctance to take responsibility and shoot form good positions - scared to make a mistake it seems, which unfortunately becomes self-fulfilling.

He still possesses the quality though.

The words "bottled it" seemed to be coming from everywhere around me repeatedly tonight, sad to say I couldn't disagree with them either.

Definitely seemed wary of challenging for the ball and let a few balls escape that could of easily been his with a little more urgency. So frustrating, especially knowing the talent that lies beneath that performances such as tonight seem to conceal so well.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Not his best game and perhaps summed up well by the word 'frustration' but why are we singling him out? He was still creative, and determined too. He attempted things we wouldn't expect other players to do, so why are we critical of him when things only come off 50-60% of the time? Not his best game, yet still one of our best players tonight.

Feb 26, 2011
Could Bants not playing as High up the pitch and finding that space he needs because he is having to defend a lot more? Maybe put him in behind Reid where he can have a slightly free role. Not that I am sticking up for him cause I have only seen him place 1 league game this year, but it sounds like this LB isn't much cop and Banton is having to track a shed load more.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
It isn't being mentioned that he tracked back to cover a fair bit which he didn't do last season. He's trying and he's getting a few things wrong- which is in itself an improvement on the player we saw last season. Such a frustrating player but I do feel he's getting too raw a deal tonight.

S

Sam Phillips

Match winner at his best, passenger at his worst. Stick with him.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I think he needs space and confidence. He doesn't get space playing wide left and I'm not convinced he believes that left-wing/side forward is "his" position. Stick him behind Reid where he was so devastating in his first spell and play Smalley and Alessandra as the wide players. With Cox/Norburn/O'Connor there's plenty of "muscle" in midfield.

Feb 21, 2011
I say again the OP was about his whimping out of tackles not his overall contribution, just frustrating to see a player not even going for a 60/40 challenge.

Nov 9, 2011
Frustrating, has real potential.

Come on son step up to the plate and get on with what you are paid to do!

C

Cobi Budge.

I wasn't questioning his ability.

Banton's effort last night however wasn't good enough, saying that, neither was Reid's imo, very uncharacteristic, seemed to return to the Reid of old for a night, standing around with his hands on his hips waiting for someone to put the ball directly to his feet, Morgan achieved very little but did a lot more running than Reid.

Sure it's probably just a one off from Reid though.

Jul 6, 2011
HarlHM":3pkrp7lb said:
briangreen":3pkrp7lb said:
HarlHM":3pkrp7lb said:
PAFC94":3pkrp7lb said:
lilcol":3pkrp7lb said:
PAFC94":3pkrp7lb said:
Banton wasn't good tonight but I didn't like how much slating he was getting from the Devonport, he is a talented attacking player.

No good being a talented player if you don't show it !! He even ducks out of 60/40 (in his favour) challenges. Fully deserved the stick he got tonight.

Without Banton we'd be playing in the van league with Torquay and Rovers.
That doesn't mean he's exempt from any criticism when ever he has a poor game, though.

He can rip this league apart on his day, but today was far from acceptable.

Here we go again :banghead:
Banton wont be brilliant every match, if he was he would be playing for man utd.
I don't disagree. Aim your anger elsewhere.

My aim has always been good, so I think I'll just do what I want to do.
I disagree with the idea that he is useless, ducks out of challenges, doesn't put the effort in, takes too many touches, doesn't make the tea at halftime, doesn't this, doesn't that...

Don't you people ever get bored complaining, doesn't it weigh you down and make you miserable?
Yes, yes people have a right to complain, but don't have a right to bore us to death with the same rhetoric every time Argyle don't quite come up to expectations.
Let's try supporting our team, after all we are meant to be green army not stevenage fans