Banton | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Banton

Jun 11, 2012
You're a f***ing one aren't you? :funny:

Bleddy hell - you're putting a lot of words into my mouth there.

Jul 11, 2011
Don't like singling players out and yes most of the team was poor last night but Banton was the ONLY player on the pitch pulling out of challenges that were there to be won. I am not saying he should be throwing himself into every challenge but some of these were occasions where he completely have up on getting the ball.

He is being paid to do a job and probably one of the better paid players, so I think it is terrible. He has huge potential but will not succeed anywhere with this attitude.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Probably our best player on his day unfortunately that's not often enough but I don't think that is helped by being played out wide at the same time helping to cover at LB.

We have both Banton and Alessandra who are probably best playing upfront off the striker and we are not getting the best out of them out wide.
We also have a good but slow CB playing at LB which means the team is not balanced properly.

JS needs to get the TEAM balance sorted if we are to be a threat to the top half of the table that our individuals are more than capable of.

Personally I would like to see players playing in their natural/best position even if a so called better player has to sit on the bench.

Thomas and Purrington should be getting some more game time on the left ( not necessarily at the same time ) IMHO

Sep 6, 2006
samjones":k4w1vi8a said:
Probably our best player on his day unfortunately that's not often enough but I don't think that is helped by being played out wide at the same time helping to cover at LB.

We have both Banton and Alessandra who are probably best playing upfront off the striker and we are not getting the best out of them out wide.
We also have a good but slow CB playing at LB which means the team is not balanced properly.

JS needs to get the TEAM balance sorted if we are to be a threat to the top half of the table that our individuals are more than capable of.

Personally I would like to see players playing in their natural/best position even if a so called better player has to sit on the bench.

Thomas and Purrington should be getting some more game time on the left ( not necessarily at the same time ) IMHO

Sep 6, 2006
graiser":2w425t6m said:
Cobi Budge.":2w425t6m said:
I wasn't questioning his ability.

Banton's effort last night however wasn't good enough, saying that, neither was Reid's imo, very uncharacteristic, seemed to return to the Reid of old for a night, standing around with his hands on his hips waiting for someone to put the ball directly to his feet, Morgan achieved very little but did a lot more running than Reid.

Sure it's probably just a one off from Reid though.

The Reid of old according to you, let's face it Reuben was up against a bleddy good CH and a ref who never awarded a foul in Reuben's favour all night, as for Banton, wingers with talent have always been an enigma and Bantons no different

Reid was marked by 2 sometimes 3 players, playing as the lone striker. What do you expect! The fault was Sheridan's tactics as usual. Predictable and unwilling to change until it had gone mammaries up.