branston view | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

branston view

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Forest of Dean Green":311kw5qc said:
Deacster":311kw5qc said:
Interesting points especially regarding the manager but then again they are mates and Sheridan has signed him twice so no real surprise.

So he knows him and his qualities as a manager much better than you or i or any of the posters on here who pontificate on Sheridan's qualities without a shred of evidence. Maybe Branno has a point?
What do you mean by evidence?

I hope it's not based on Sheridan's performance as a Manager in the 2 most important games for years affecting Argyle; that was pretty damning evidence of poor team selection, poor tactics and in particular, a shambolic defence conceding 5 goals in 2 games from set plays. Wycombe also scored against us from a corner earlier in the season.

Surely a good Manager would have sorted that out on the training ground.

But then again, what do we fans know. None of us would have thought to have started the second leg with the team that ended the first leg so well... Or perhaps maybe we would have.

Ultimately, the judgement of any Manager is based on what he achieves with the available resources.

The 'evidence' are the results and league position surely?

C

centralgreen

See fron another post Bennet , Exeter city has been released,why?
Good player who can play in different positions

Hes a St Columb Major boy

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
demportdave":3mreqkyf said:
Forest of Dean Green":3mreqkyf said:
Deacster":3mreqkyf said:
Interesting points especially regarding the manager but then again they are mates and Sheridan has signed him twice so no real surprise.

So he knows him and his qualities as a manager much better than you or i or any of the posters on here who pontificate on Sheridan's qualities without a shred of evidence. Maybe Branno has a point?

I hope it's not based on Sheridan's performance as a Manager in the 2 most important games for years affecting Argyle; that was pretty damning evidence of poor team selection, poor tactics and in particular, a shambolic defence conceding 5 goals in 2 games from set plays. Wycombe also scored against us from a corner earlier in the season.

But then again, what do we fans know. None of us would have thought to have started the second leg with the team that ended the first leg so well... Or perhaps maybe we would have.

Ultimately, the judgement of any Manager is based on what he achieves with the available resources.

This forum has been a catalogue of speculation this year. Evidence on the pitch is one thing. But Sheridan's home arrangements, his travel to and from the North, and therefore his commitment to the team and players has been like a broken record. Yet we have Branno and McCormick saying he's a decent boss and there does not seem to be a bundle of dressing room discontent. So why would we not listen to Branston, or take his view seriously? Because it dies not fit into the cosy fan driven narrative that Sheridan is a waste of space, spends half his life up country eating pies, and and is a dour bloke who couldn't motivate the team. But no. Let's not listen to people who may actually know a fact or two.

Aug 12, 2011
Forest of Dean Green":1zz781rn said:
demportdave":1zz781rn said:
Forest of Dean Green":1zz781rn said:
Deacster":1zz781rn said:

This forum has been a catalogue of speculation this year. Evidence on the pitch is one thing. But Sheridan's home arrangements, his travel to and from the North, and therefore his commitment to the team and players has been like a broken record. Yet we have Branno and McCormick saying he's a decent boss and there does not seem to be a bundle of dressing room discontent. So why would we not listen to Branston, or take his view seriously? Because it dies not fit into the cosy fan driven narrative that Sheridan is a waste of space, spends half his life up country eating pies, and and is a dour bloke who couldn't motivate the team. But no. Let's not listen to people who may actually know a fact or two.

1. Have you ever heard a player in contract run down the manager?
2. Maybe Branston is looking for a paid role at the club?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
More like Banton is on his way to Notts County if Branston was bigging him up.

P

pafcstafford

What i would say though fellas is that while i sometimes disagree with guy he is now head of recruitment at notts county and sheridan used to send him on scouting missions so people in the game atm seem to value his opinions

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
gracie11":38rk10ym said:
Forest of Dean Green":38rk10ym said:
demportdave":38rk10ym said:
Forest of Dean Green":38rk10ym said:
Deacster":38rk10ym said:

1. Have you ever heard a player in contract run down the manager?
2. Maybe Branston is looking for a paid role at the club?

1, not often, but it has happened. 2, my word you have just added to the long list of Pasoti logic that is completely based on assumption and myth, and tends to assume the worst of people. Former player offers an assessment of manager, from a much better day to knowledge of how that manager works with players than any of us, ergo former player must be looking to be on the make in a cosy job at the club. What nonsense that is. But we know best hey? We heard it down the bloody gym.

Sep 8, 2013
I do subscribe to the theory that we possess three excellent full-backs, but notice that Nelse & Pete do tend to remain as defensive full-backs rather than attacking (apart, of course for going up for corners).

C

Cobi Budge.

greenwelly":12fvmmtv said:
I do subscribe to the theory that we possess three excellent full-backs, but notice that Nelse & Pete do tend to remain as defensive full-backs rather than attacking (apart, of course for going up for corners).

Really?

Nelson is about as attacking as defenders come, on a few occasions this season he's been the only player really willing to run with the ball.

C

Cobi Budge.

greenwelly":2ad82lzn said:
Does he overlap very much?

That's the role of the RWB (Mellor), not the RCB (Nelson).

Nelson is very attacking for a centre half as it is.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Cobi Budge.":3l3296cd said:
greenwelly":3l3296cd said:

Really?

Nelson is about as attacking as defenders come, on a few occasions this season he's been the only player really willing to run with the ball.

Only because he can't pass it.

Like the lad and reminds me a lot of Doumbe. Good defender for us and I'm sure higher teams will be sniffing around but think he may come undone and found out at championship level

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Forest of Dean Green":1mertbrd said:
demportdave":1mertbrd said:
Forest of Dean Green":1mertbrd said:
Deacster":1mertbrd said:

"Evidence on the pitch" as you call it is the only thing that matters. The rest of your rant about Sheridan eating pies etc. is irrelevant nonsense bordering on the paranoid. There would little or no interest or criticism of anything regarding Sheridan if he had achieved what he had hoped to do, get us promoted.

But when you don't achieve your aims - and the aim of most Argyle fans - you will inevitably attract speculation as to why you have failed, that is the nature of football. And before you or anyone else jumps in, reaching the play-offs was not the end goal; that was Promotion and Sheridan himself has said as much.

G

Greenskin

demportdave":3o43u6b4 said:
Forest of Dean Green":3o43u6b4 said:
Deacster":3o43u6b4 said:

The 'evidence' are the results and league position surely?[/quote]

Indeed they are. So, if the lack of organisation and work on the training ground were really to blame, how would you explain the evidence that Argyle had the second best defensive record in the division last season, which obviously would include defending against set pieces? Not sure if you read Alessandra's comments on the Wycombe games;

"We have actually conceded all five goals (against Wycombe) from set pieces, which is really disappointing for how much we work on them.

"If I could put my finger on it I would tell you, but I honestly don't know."

Interesting.