'Brent' badges? | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'Brent' badges?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
There was about a 7 hour silence, Mark, which I thought was encouraging. I thought it had been put to bed which is where I'm going now.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Mark Pedlar":1pt8zew2 said:
We won a game of football 4-1 today. Anyone on this thread notice?

Sorry, you want to talk about todays game on this thread?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Be fair though Ollie.he hadn't responded to any other post I'd made on this thread.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
The Grumpy Loyal":3f6isq3l said:
ealinggreen":3f6isq3l said:
My ref to completing the Stadium in 2020 was an interview with him on I think Spotlight it may have been Radio Devon I listen to both.He clearly said he intended to build the grandstand to coincide with and take advantage of the Mayflower celebrations.He was excited about the whole project and felt the Celebration year was key,god knows why.How about you answering the question re his inability to complete any project.Anyway off to the game.

Oh I can guess why he would show excitement. There'll be project funding earmarked for the Mayflower 2020 celebrations. Though apart from a tenuous link in the name of the stand, quite what a 4th division football club wanting a new stand has to do at all with Mayflower 2020, I really couldn't tell you.

Again, people conveniently forget or simply do not care that Brents hair brain plan would have seen a whole corner of Home Park sold off for a Studio School! Don't even get me started on Dentists!

His overwhelming priority is wherever possible, spend someone elses money, and to hell with what that does or what legacy that leaves regarding PAFC in 10 20 or 30 years time.

Of course that`s not your agenda, is it. I would also like to know where you get the insight into Mr. Hallets motives. Perhaps you are just a curmudgeonly, self opinionated doom monger.

Aug 15, 2008
Read all this and I am none the wiser. I hope Brent does the best by Argyle and does not look only at his own gain. So far his actions at Argyle have led me to believe he is the right man for the job. Time will tell.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The Grumpy Loyal":1fcvbe18 said:
LOL. A conspiracy, by definition, would suggest I have some sort of secret plan. I've hardly kept my thoughts on Brents plans secret.

It's really simple for me - his plans for a 5th rate Grandstand with all the assorted nonsense that accompanied it laid it out clear as day that his overwhelming priority was to himself and Akkerons balance sheet, and to the heavy detriment of PAFC in the long term.

Some easy-to-please folk would be grateful for him to build a stand roughly half the capacity of what the current Mayflower stand could accommodate - if fully utilised. I'm not one of those folk, I'm afraid.
Did anyone actually suggest that you have a conspiracy plan?

The concern is that you were suggesting that James Brent has a conspiracy plan and, subsequently, that Simon Hallett is also involved in the conspiracy plan because he is "savvy enough to know that once the freehold is bought the value of his shareholding will rocket overnight".

Again, if you have not watched or listened to the fans' forum, you will not know the assurances that have been given by James Brent that the vast majority of supporters seem to have acknowledged and accepted.

In fact, I am not aware of any further response from the 'Never Again Group', so we have to assume that they were satisfied with the chairman's responses.

Apr 1, 2009
HC Green":3sjteoci said:
Personally I think Simon Hallett is the main player in the boardroom now.

Interesting. Is there any evidence of this, or merely your hunch.

May 1, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":36754imd said:
LOL. A conspiracy, by definition, would suggest I have some sort of secret plan. I've hardly kept my thoughts on Brents plans secret.

It's really simple for me - his plans for a 5th rate Grandstand with all the assorted nonsense that accompanied it laid it out clear as day that his overwhelming priority was to himself and Akkerons balance sheet, and to the heavy detriment of PAFC in the long term.

Some easy-to-please folk would be grateful for him to build a stand roughly half the capacity of what the current Mayflower stand could accommodate - if fully utilised. I'm not one of those folk, I'm afraid.

That's not the definition of conspiracy theorist. I mean you take an idea, discuss it on the internet, exaggerate it and then convince yourself of it's merits.

May 1, 2011
]
Stan":2vrswbiq said:
Bristol Rich":2vrswbiq said:
Stan":2vrswbiq said:
Bristol Rich":2vrswbiq said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2vrswbiq said:
Davie - Hallett is savvy enough to know that once the Freehold is bought the value of his shareholding will rocket overnight, particularly if a new planning permission is granted. That is why he is on board.

Fat Green Belly - A cursory glance at our historical record of actually getting things built through the decades makes your pipedream of the horseshoe getting flattened and redeveloped rather than just build a proper Grandstand in the first place to compliment the horseshoe, a rather dreamy plan. Spend 8-10m on a crap grandstand, then 15-20m down the line on the horseshoe?? Good luck with that coming to fruition.

Bristol Rich - So in essence, if you're not a multi-millionaire businessman, don't EVER question what multi-millionaire businessman want to do. Remind me how that went last time?

Whilst James Brent is not perfect, he's not the devil you make him out to be, it's fine to question and even criticise you are way over the top and it's largely unmerited. You are a classic internet conspiracy theorist, I suspect you probably hang of every word in the Daily Mail.

You're making a lot of assumptions about someone you don't know.

A very ironic comment if you think about it.

Not at all.

So it's OK to make a lot of assumptions and conspiracy theories about James Brent just not other posters?[/quote]

Grumpy's 'assumptions' were partially based on fact, the others concerning Brent's plans post freehold purchase are obviously just his opinion. Your assumptions are based on what ? And Grumpy's profession or which newspaper he reads matters why ?[/quote]

I made no assumption of his job. The Daily Mail comment is partly in jest but also to draw attention to how his theories are similar to a Daily Mail story.

Oct 24, 2010
The Grumpy Loyal":2qzw4o3b said:
Davie - Hallett is savvy enough to know that once the Freehold is bought the value of his shareholding will rocket overnight, particularly if a new planning permission is granted. That is why he is on board.

Fat Green Belly - A cursory glance at our historical record of actually getting things built through the decades makes your pipedream of the horseshoe getting flattened and redeveloped rather than just build a proper Grandstand in the first place to compliment the horseshoe, a rather dreamy plan. Spend 8-10m on a crap grandstand, then 15-20m down the line on the horseshoe?? Good luck with that coming to fruition.

Bristol Rich - So in essence, if you're not a multi-millionaire businessman, don't EVER question what multi-millionaire businessman want to do. Remind me how that went last time?
That's simply pure nonsense, the value of the freehold will only increase by the amount they pay for it if they are lucky and the development opportunities are severely limited by planning restrictions as the failed HHP project has illustrated.The directors are considering the purchase to save on the lease payments as James Brent has clearly laid out.
The danger of the board purchasing the ground is future third party ownership. It is beyond question that the current board will not sell the ground to a third party but there is nothing to stop future owners doing just that.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Some people have very short memories

5 years Ago We were on the verge of collapse

5 years on we have made steady progress every season ( Play offs the last 2 Seasons )

Currently Proudly Top of the league & Five Points Clear & looking good for promotion

In Brent We Trust