'Brent' badges? | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'Brent' badges?

The Grumpy Loyal":3dvbna8p said:
Davie - Hallett is savvy enough to know that once the Freehold is bought the value of his shareholding will rocket overnight, particularly if a new planning permission is granted. That is why he is on board.

Fat Green Belly - A cursory glance at our historical record of actually getting things built through the decades makes your pipedream of the horseshoe getting flattened and redeveloped rather than just build a proper Grandstand in the first place to compliment the horseshoe, a rather dreamy plan. Spend 8-10m on a crap grandstand, then 15-20m down the line on the horseshoe?? Good luck with that coming to fruition.

Bristol Rich - So in essence, if you're not a multi-millionaire businessman, don't EVER question what multi-millionaire businessman want to do. Remind me how that went last time?
Or simon hallett is backing argyle in some way as an argyle fan, as well as making some money out
of it. Both sides benefitting.
Or perhaps i was just putting ideas out there. The ground has been rebuilt many times over the years.
I would have called it a realistic and adequate grandstand. Crap is what we have at the moment.
Or maybe he isnt a multi millionaire. Remember he has had to drop the civic centre and oldway projects.
Also didnt he have to close hotels in his chain recently. We have had 5 years or so of questioning him now.
He always seems available to answer questions to me. So it is different now than last time.

Nov 2, 2004
My ref to completing the Stadium in 2020 was an interview with him on I think Spotlight it may have been Radio Devon I listen to both.He clearly said he intended to build the grandstand to coincide with and take advantage of the Mayflower celebrations.He was excited about the whole project and felt the Celebration year was key,god knows why.How about you answering the question re his inability to complete any project.Anyway off to the game.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Knarf Reprah":3dpej24n said:
We only sold out the ground a couple of times when we were in the Championship, why do we need a bigger ground. As for the vitriolic attacks on Mr Brent on here, when we were going bust the local investors were queueing up weren't they? NOT! JB saved our club, if he makes money from his investment, good for him. Ealing Green, Grumpy Loyal, we realists know the days of "the Sleeping Giant" are long gone, we cannot compete with the big boys anymore, SKY has seen to that.

By all means get "your" grandstand built.......are you going to pay for it, or do you want the club to borrow and go back to the dark days?
Well said Frank :thumbup:

T

The Grumpy Loyal

ealinggreen":3g5l1y6a said:
My ref to completing the Stadium in 2020 was an interview with him on I think Spotlight it may have been Radio Devon I listen to both.He clearly said he intended to build the grandstand to coincide with and take advantage of the Mayflower celebrations.He was excited about the whole project and felt the Celebration year was key,god knows why.How about you answering the question re his inability to complete any project.Anyway off to the game.

Oh I can guess why he would show excitement. There'll be project funding earmarked for the Mayflower 2020 celebrations. Though apart from a tenuous link in the name of the stand, quite what a 4th division football club wanting a new stand has to do at all with Mayflower 2020, I really couldn't tell you.

Again, people conveniently forget or simply do not care that Brents hair brain plan would have seen a whole corner of Home Park sold off for a Studio School! Don't even get me started on Dentists!

His overwhelming priority is wherever possible, spend someone elses money, and to hell with what that does or what legacy that leaves regarding PAFC in 10 20 or 30 years time.

May 1, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":um31bup9 said:
Davie - Hallett is savvy enough to know that once the Freehold is bought the value of his shareholding will rocket overnight, particularly if a new planning permission is granted. That is why he is on board.

Fat Green Belly - A cursory glance at our historical record of actually getting things built through the decades makes your pipedream of the horseshoe getting flattened and redeveloped rather than just build a proper Grandstand in the first place to compliment the horseshoe, a rather dreamy plan. Spend 8-10m on a crap grandstand, then 15-20m down the line on the horseshoe?? Good luck with that coming to fruition.

Bristol Rich - So in essence, if you're not a multi-millionaire businessman, don't EVER question what multi-millionaire businessman want to do. Remind me how that went last time?

Whilst James Brent is not perfect, he's not the devil you make him out to be, it's fine to question and even criticise, however you are way over the top and it's largely unmerited. You are a classic internet conspiracy theorist, I suspect you probably hang off every word in the Daily Mail.

Feb 18, 2016
Bristol Rich":1s5ukw93 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1s5ukw93 said:

Whilst James Brent is not perfect, he's not the devil you make him out to be, it's fine to question and even criticise you are way over the top and it's largely unmerited. You are a classic internet conspiracy theorist, I suspect you probably hang of every word in the Daily Mail.

You're making a lot of assumptions about someone you don't know.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The Grumpy Loyal":14f9mrz5 said:

Assuming that you did not attend, have you, at least, given JB the respect to watch and listen to the recording of last Saturday's fans' forum?

I watched it and I thought that he covered every possibility of your implication that he, and Simon Hallett, has some devious ulterior motive to make a quick profit out of the development of Home Park and then 'take the money and run'.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Stan":3varzqif said:
Bristol Rich":3varzqif said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3varzqif said:

Whilst James Brent is not perfect, he's not the devil you make him out to be, it's fine to question and even criticise you are way over the top and it's largely unmerited. You are a classic internet conspiracy theorist, I suspect you probably hang of every word in the Daily Mail.

Everybody is.

May 1, 2011
Stan":3uibqzgq said:
Bristol Rich":3uibqzgq said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3uibqzgq said:

A very ironic comment if you think about it.

Feb 18, 2016
Bristol Rich":1okvwpz7 said:
Stan":1okvwpz7 said:
Bristol Rich":1okvwpz7 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1okvwpz7 said:

Not at all.

May 1, 2011
Stan":oklajmpl said:
Bristol Rich":oklajmpl said:
Stan":oklajmpl said:
Bristol Rich":oklajmpl said:
The Grumpy Loyal":oklajmpl said:

Not at all.

So it's OK to make a lot of assumptions and conspiracy theories about James Brent just not other posters?

Feb 18, 2016
Bristol Rich":3fdmwjzj said:
Stan":3fdmwjzj said:
Stan":3fdmwjzj said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3fdmwjzj said:

Not at all.

So it's OK to make a lot of assumptions and conspiracy theories about James Brent just not other posters?

Grumpy's 'assumptions' were partially based on fact, the others concerning Brent's plans post freehold purchase are obviously just his opinion. Your assumptions are based on what ? And Grumpy's profession or which newspaper he reads matters why ?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

LOL. A conspiracy, by definition, would suggest I have some sort of secret plan. I've hardly kept my thoughts on Brents plans secret.

It's really simple for me - his plans for a 5th rate Grandstand with all the assorted nonsense that accompanied it laid it out clear as day that his overwhelming priority was to himself and Akkerons balance sheet, and to the heavy detriment of PAFC in the long term.

Some easy-to-please folk would be grateful for him to build a stand roughly half the capacity of what the current Mayflower stand could accommodate - if fully utilised. I'm not one of those folk, I'm afraid.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
We won a game of football 4-1 today. Anyone on this thread notice?