'Brent' badges? | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'Brent' badges?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
dunlop":kaplszrm said:
This rubbish should be moved to terraces.

Or moved to the "top of the leader board for a few days". :)

Noted.

Jan 3, 2013
IJN takes a lot of flak, but all I'll say is I only met him via Argo, and all the detractors who don't know him, I've found him to be helpful, especially where my family are concerned, friendly and prepared to listen to opinions. Dead straight and unbiased, I count him as a friend but asa measure of the man's neutrality re posters on here, I had a childish spat on here with another poster and was suspended and warned.....quite rightly too. Too many haters on here with shall we say "certain agendas"
Keep up the great work mods

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Knarf Reprah":jmu3z6dd said:
IJN takes a lot of flak, but all I'll say is I only met him via Argo, and all the detractors who don't know him, I've found him to be helpful, especially where my family are concerned, friendly and prepared to listen to opinions. Dead straight and unbiased, I count him as a friend but asa measure of the man's neutrality re posters on here, I had a childish spat on here with another poster and was suspended and warned.....quite rightly too. Too many haters on here with shall we say "certain agendas"

Unlike you to be an argumentative old bugger Frank? Did someone hack your account? :whistle:

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Knarf Reprah":1xc84ngt said:

I fully Agree Frank - met Ian back in the Admin era and sold me one the argyle shirts I was missing always helpful and a great friend at Argyle

Always gives me good feedback and enjoyed the murals tour and my day as a director in the boardroom via Argyle fans Trust

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Green Mugs2":2ehc2zuu said:
Andy_S":2ehc2zuu said:
Half term in the UK?

Never read so much drivel.

No doubt you will still be posting the same crap in years to come.

You can imagine the scenario...

5 years down the line, 20,000+ stadium, championship football and a very solvent football club.

JB sells up and this idiot pipes up with "see...I told you so".

May be nit-picking as we could have 2 of those 3, but if in 5 years we have a 20,000+ stadium, please come back with the 'see...I told you so'.

In the event that we don't have a 20,000+ capacity stadium in 5 years time, I will be more than happy to come on here and eat as much humble pie as is required.

I doubt very much that those in the opposite camp will be as accommodating.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":2896jgog said:

:clap: Nicely put Frank :clap: .

May 1, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":3ur6804p said:
IJN":3ur6804p said:
Yep I agree mate.

Let's pick the next one in that long queue or the one after or ........ Oh hang on!!

A week is a long time in football let alone five years. Even by his own admission, there are inquiries on a regular basis.

I don't know what Brent is telling you, but if you think he won't sell up once he has the Freehold and possibly a new planning permission in place, you're painfully naive.

He just needs to go BEFORE attempting to build any sort of excuse for a grandstand.

Then I'll be happy.

I guess with such an expert business brain and such a great insight into what's best with the club you must be a millionaire or certainly connected to millionaires?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Bristol Rich":36nfwh7q said:
The Grumpy Loyal":36nfwh7q said:
IJN":36nfwh7q said:
Yep I agree mate.

Let's pick the next one in that long queue or the one after or ........ Oh hang on!!

A week is a long time in football let alone five years. Even by his own admission, there are inquiries on a regular basis.

I don't know what Brent is telling you, but if you think he won't sell up once he has the Freehold and possibly a new planning permission in place, you're painfully naive.

He just needs to go BEFORE attempting to build any sort of excuse for a grandstand.

Then I'll be happy.

I guess with such an expert business brain and such a great insight into what's best with the club you must be a millionaire or certainly connected to millionaires?

It does actually shock me how easily led, easily pleased, and painfully uninformed some people still are.

James Brent wanted to build a 4,100 stand (plan A) later squeezing that (plan B) to a 4,800 stand. Boxed in, with no scope to EVER expand. IMO this would be horrendously BAD for the long term future and prosperity of PAFC. You may disagree but if you do I find that odd.

4,800 is LESS than the Lyndhurst stand opposite. That for me is laughable for a club of our potential with ANY aspirations. You may disagree, but if you do I find that odd.

All rental income (for the units he was ultimately unable to sell) was to go to Akkeron, NOT PAFC. Again, catastrophically BAD for PAFC in the long term. You may disagree, but if you do I find that odd.

After being asked, lobbied, and in some quarters virtually begged for a commitment to a purpose built dedicated supporters bar, Brent still would not add that to his plan. This for me showed a level of contempt for the ordinary fans amongst us that was wholely distasteful. Once again you may disagree, but.....

For me there are a few on these Boards who would, for reasons known only to them, willingly follow Brent off the edge of a cliff if he were inclined to walk that way. People who clearly put Brent getting what he wants over the best interests of PAFC. Well I'm very sorry, but I want better for PAFC's long term future, and the sooner Brent makes his money and vacates, the better.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The Grumpy Loyal":17b8oks6 said:
Bristol Rich":17b8oks6 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":17b8oks6 said:
IJN":17b8oks6 said:
Yep I agree mate.

Then I'll be happy.

It does actually shock me how easily led, easily pleased, and painfully uninformed some people still are.

James Brent wanted to build a 4,100 stand (plan A) later squeezing that (plan B) to a 4,800 stand. Boxed in, with no scope to EVER expand. IMO this would be horrendously BAD for the long term future and prosperity of PAFC. You may disagree but if you do I find that odd.

4,800 is LESS than the Lyndhurst stand opposite. That for me is laughable for a club of our potential with ANY aspirations. You may disagree, but if you do I find that odd.

All rental income (for the units he was ultimately unable to sell) was to go to Akkeron, NOT PAFC. Again, catastrophically BAD for PAFC in the long term. You may disagree, but if you do I find that odd.

After being asked, lobbied, and in some quarters virtually begged for a commitment to a purpose built dedicated supporters bar, Brent still would not add that to his plan. This for me showed a level of contempt for the ordinary fans amongst us that was wholely distasteful. Once again you may disagree, but.....

For me there are a few on these Boards who would, for reasons known only to them, willingly follow Brent off the edge of a cliff if he were inclined to walk that way. People who clearly put Brent getting what he wants over the best interests of PAFC. Well I'm very sorry, but I want better for PAFC's long term future, and the sooner Brent makes his money and vacates, the better.

Is there anything that JB says that will convince you that he has actually become so dedicated to the long term success of PAFC that he is prepared to invest some of his wealth into that objective?

It just appears to me that, whatever JB says, you will find some reason to put him down. Not long ago, he was being accused of ignoring other potential investors. Now, Simon Hallett, who has convinced most of us that he is a very shrewd and successful businessman in the challenging world of finance in the USA and beyond, has come forward and persuaded James Brent that he is a genuine and sincere investor with a strong allegiance to PAFC.

I assume that, by your attitude towards James Brent, you believe that he must have either, persuaded Simon Hallett to join him in this conspiracy that you perceive, or that he has managed to deceive Simon and the majority of Argyle supporters who seem to support the plans that the Board are working to put in place.

Well, I believe that Simon, with his business acumen and financial experience, is far more shrewd and perceptive than any keyboard warriors like you or I.

Simon has 'backed the right horse' and I would like to think that by 2019, James may have even convinced or, at least, silenced you if you are still not prepared to accept that you were wrong about his, in my opinion, honourable and exciting intentions for PAFC and it's supporters.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

davie nine":7p9bs2j9 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":7p9bs2j9 said:
Bristol Rich":7p9bs2j9 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":7p9bs2j9 said:
IJN":7p9bs2j9 said:
Yep I agree mate.

Then I'll be happy.

Is there anything that JB says that will convince you that he has actually become so dedicated to the long term success of PAFC that he is prepared to invest some of his wealth into that objective?

It just appears to me that, whatever JB says, you will find some reason to put him down. Not long ago, he was being accused of ignoring other potential investors. Now, Simon Hallett, who has convinced most of us that he is a very shrewd and successful businessman in the challenging world of finance in the USA and beyond, has come forward and persuaded James Brent that he is a genuine and sincere investor with a strong allegiance to PAFC.

I assume that, by your attitude towards James Brent, you believe that he must have either, persuaded Simon Hallett to join him in this conspiracy that you perceive, or that he has managed to deceive Simon and the majority of Argyle supporters who seem to support the plans that the Board are working to put in place.

Well, I believe that Simon, with his business acumen and financial experience, is far more shrewd and perceptive than any keyboard warriors like you or I.

Simon has 'backed the right horse' and I would like to think that by 2019, James may have even convinced or, at least, silenced you if you are still not prepared to accept that you were wrong about his, in my opinion, honourable and exciting intentions for PAFC and it's supporters.

Davie, do you disagree with the points I highlighted?

I think the difference between us is that you are looking to be convinced by what JB has said he wants to do. I base my opinions on documented facts of what has actually already happened.

May 1, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":u7qi227e said:
Bristol Rich":u7qi227e said:
The Grumpy Loyal":u7qi227e said:
IJN":u7qi227e said:
Yep I agree mate.

Then I'll be happy.

Can I enquire as to your occupation?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Bristol Rich":dg5eldpd said:
The Grumpy Loyal":dg5eldpd said:
Bristol Rich":dg5eldpd said:
The Grumpy Loyal":dg5eldpd said:
IJN":dg5eldpd said:
Yep I agree mate.

Then I'll be happy.

Can I enquire as to your occupation?

You could. If it had any relevance to this thread I might tell you. But it doesn't.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The Grumpy Loyal":1yyglxro said:
davie nine":1yyglxro said:
Bristol Rich":1yyglxro said:
IJN":1yyglxro said:
Yep I agree mate.

Then I'll be happy.

Davie, do you disagree with the points I highlighted?

I think the difference between us is that you are looking to be convinced by what JB has said he wants to do. I base my opinions on documented facts of what has actually already happened.

I think that the difference between us is not that I am 'looking to be convinced'. If you read my last paragraph you should understand that I am convinced. I believe that you are basing your argument on the history of what has happened in the last 5 years when the main objective was to get the club out of the horrendous debt that it was in when JB took over. I assume that even you can accept that we are in a far healthier position financially than we were 5 years ago or do you think that the club's current financial position is not as it is being reported?

I would also be interested to know, as I have already asked, whether you believe that Simon Hallett has joined a conspiracy or been deceived into becoming a major investor?