Brief synopsis (Col Utd) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis (Col Utd)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Balham_Green":11p78eju said:
IJN":11p78eju said:
They did against us!

The point is you CAN play attacking football and go up. And probably win the league. I would rather watch the way they play every week. I really do hope the quality improves next year. I note you said both teams played attractive football on Saturday. :facepalm: I do wonder which game you watch sometimes but like the rest of us you have obviously been watching League 2 football for too long to be able to enjoy that.

For 35 minutes in the first half, there was a scout for Charlton behind me and I heard him say that the game was very. very good and wouldn't shame the Championship, I tend to agree with him and not you. I assume that's ok isn't it?

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":39mpz3ne said:
Balham_Green":39mpz3ne said:
IJN":39mpz3ne said:
They did against us!

The point is you CAN play attacking football and go up. And probably win the league. I would rather watch the way they play every week. I really do hope the quality improves next year. I note you said both teams played attractive football on Saturday. :facepalm: I do wonder which game you watch sometimes but like the rest of us you have obviously been watching League 2 football for too long to be able to enjoy that.

For 35 minutes in the first half, there was a scout for Charlton behind me and I heard him say that the game was very. very good and wouldn't shame the Championship, I tend to agree with him and not you. I assume that's ok isn't it?

What about the other 55 minutes?! If he is the Charlton coach then he must be an expert! Who do you normally get your opinions from?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Honest football, nip and tuck and both teams going for it at the end.

What the hell do you expect BG? El Classico?

I thourough enjoyed the game as did many others by the sounds of it.

Sep 6, 2006
Ray_Stidwell":1j2eamdc said:
Balham_Green":1j2eamdc said:
Cobi Budge":1j2eamdc said:
I'm sure last season most people were saying that Adams needed to wise up and focus simply on winning, now that he's done that, suddenly we're poor, lucky and we don't deserve promotion. Proof that some will never be happy.

Perhaps you should check the points difference between last season and this!!

Not quite too sure of your point here; 6 points is not that insignificant ! ( being 77 after 44 last season cf 83 this, of course)

6 points for instance covers the spread of nine of the teams still hopeful of play-offs, from Accy(62) up to Exeter (68); any of those would love to have six more points !

The point is everybody seems to be saying we are so much MORE successful than last season in terms of results.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":si66hrkw said:
Honest football, nip and tuck and both teams going for it at the end.

What the hell do you expect BG? El Classico?

I thourough enjoyed the game as did many others by the sounds of it.

What do I expect? Perhaps a decent effort or two on target. Would that be too much to ask?

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Balham_Green":djtsm2uw said:
IJN":djtsm2uw said:
Balham_Green":djtsm2uw said:
IJN":djtsm2uw said:
They did against us!

What about the other 55 minutes?!
Really? Whenever I have watched championship football it has been streets ahead, quite frighteningly ahead actually. Maybe the game looked better from a side on view, but both teams final ball was awful and both had numerous misplaced passes. No keeper had to exert himself to make a save that I can recall. Last 20 minutes I will grant was open and fast paced, but still the stuff in the final 3rd was something to drastically improve on for both teams.

Sep 6, 2006
SurreyGreen":18szwoye said:
Balham_Green":18szwoye said:
IJN":18szwoye said:
Balham_Green":18szwoye said:
IJN":18szwoye said:
They did against us!

What about the other 55 minutes?!
Really? Whenever I have watched championship football it has been streets ahead, quite frighteningly ahead actually. Maybe the game looked better from a side on view, but both teams final ball was awful and both had numerous misplaced passes. No keeper had to exert himself to make a save that I can recall. Last 20 minutes I will grant was open and fast paced, but still the stuff in the final 3rd was something to drastically improve on for both teams.

Good synopsis.
But what do you know Surrey? Are you a scout?!

Sep 6, 2006
Knarf Reprah":35aosy63 said:
Don't bite ijn.........you're being whooshed .
BG is one of those who gloat when Argo fail

You can say that again! Being frustrated at watching a poor game where we didnt have a meaningful effort on target is hardly gloating.

Aug 5, 2005
Balham_Green":30fejmjr said:
Knarf Reprah":30fejmjr said:

You can say that again! Being frustrated at watching a poor game where we didnt have a meaningful effort on target is hardly gloating.

Do you have any joy at all that we are getting out of this godforsaken league?

It's just that at the moment you are a like the person at a party who spends all their time telling everyone how the last party he went to was so much better than this one, and how can you dance to THIS music, and the food is rubbish and probably from Lidl anyway, and the drinks are HOW MUCH, and pretty much spoiling it for everyone else there who just want to have a nice time

Just saying.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Knarf Reprah":3hiwk8ty said:

Don't worry Francis I'm used to it.

Everyone has their own opinions as proved by this thread.

Again, as BG attends so many games, he can make these sort of comments if he wants, I simply don't happen to agree with him, that's all.

I've seen a few crap games this season but I didn't think (by any stretch) that Saturday's was one of them.

Two honest teams having a scrap on the pitch, one way and then another, nothing wrong with that I'd say, not Barcelona I grant you, but I didn't see any fat men waddling around the pitch like I did when we played Newport on Monday.

We all see different things, some of us smile more than others as well. It takes all sorts.

I'm not sure what people expect sometimes, we're a 4th division team after all said and done.

I'm expecting to watch better football next season from my own club and the opposition, am I wrong to do that?

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Quizmike":19fbuk26 said:
Balham_Green":19fbuk26 said:
Knarf Reprah":19fbuk26 said:

It's just that at the moment you are a like the person at a party who spends all their time telling everyone how the last party he went to was so much better than this one, and how can you dance to THIS music, and the food is rubbish and probably from Lidl anyway, and the drinks are HOW MUCH, and pretty much spoiling it for everyone else there who just want to have a nice time

Just saying.

Lidl food can be very very good---you just have to look a bit harder for the quality (bit like Argyle).

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Balham_Green":3l2qwe5m said:
Ray_Stidwell":3l2qwe5m said:
Balham_Green":3l2qwe5m said:
Cobi Budge":3l2qwe5m said:
I'm sure last season most people were saying that Adams needed to wise up and focus simply on winning, now that he's done that, suddenly we're poor, lucky and we don't deserve promotion. Proof that some will never be happy.

Perhaps you should check the points difference between last season and this!!

Not quite too sure of your point here; 6 points is not that insignificant ! ( being 77 after 44 last season cf 83 this, of course)

6 points for instance covers the spread of nine of the teams still hopeful of play-offs, from Accy(62) up to Exeter (68); any of those would love to have six more points !

The point is everybody seems to be saying we are so much MORE successful than last season in terms of results.

Nah! For me , being promoted will do quite nicely as being much MORE successful than not being!

Sep 6, 2006
Quizmike":2ajwhhmh said:
Balham_Green":2ajwhhmh said:
Knarf Reprah":2ajwhhmh said:

Just saying.

What has that got to do with the quality (or lack ) of performance on Saturday?! That is the case in point. That is what we are discussing. Obviously we are all delighted to get out of this League. Does that mean we cannot critically analyse subsequent performance?