Brief Synopsis!!! (Crewe) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Crewe)

Feb 2, 2007
Anyone know what was wrong with Oscar? Miller looked like he wanted to be a sub in the first half; improved in the second half, to be fair.

On Miller I would thank him for his services and hope Motherwell come in with a "big money bid" in the Summer. Nothing personal but I don't think he's L1 standard sadly, he's had some effective games in L2 but he doesn't get up the pitch much or show much dynamism.

Champions. Who us? Surely not. What a time to go top though, with one game to go. Dont panic. Dont panic.
There was i hoping for a nice calm and relaxing end to the season next saturday. Instead stress and anxiety
again. Oh gawd.
As for today, well lets just say we won, as the performance was overall pretty dire. However once again the
spirit of the team emerged in the last 20. 10 minutes when we battled and forced a few moves together from
which we got some crosses in for the 2 goals. Then the final 10 when we defended really well to thwart a
series of corners.
First half it looked as though we tried to carry on from where we left off 2nd half against newport with matt k,
ryan t and JJ all seemingly playing higher up in a more attacking 4213. In that game we could have scored 10
and newport 6. This time against a better team, we came out of it worse off, being so open at times we could
easily have been 3/4 down at HT.
Fortunately they only managed one, a low first timer from the edge of the area from a clearance. I thought we
looked really tired/jaded/lethargic/slow(take your pick).
Lots of errors in possession which gifted crewe chances aplenty to counter, scything through us many times.
Far too easy for my liking. The whole team looked out of sorts. Very disappointing for the huge crowd with
groans and moans at the ht whistle.
Nevermind i thought. Cant get any worse. Good old ciderman at ht for a bit of cheer then its on to the second
half. Hey up! Players are out early. Rollocking methinks.
Nathan blissett for JJ and a 442 the changes and straightaway the game is more even though our play is still
poor. To me worse than first half as we now try to hoof, instead of pass our way back into the game. Tortuous
to watch at times but gradually as the game went on the players seemed to arouse from their slumber and the
team started to function/battle better.
Yanner was replaced looking well off the pace. The huge frame of sonni bradley emerged to huge cheers and his
presence seemed to lift the team from that point on. I am tempted to give him mom just for that reason but
ryan taylor(MOM) it has to be as he epitomised that spirit in our play second half.
He also scored the crucial equaliser, a close range strike after a miscued shot fortuitously found him. Just
before his goal, with crosses now at last starting to come in from out wide, a fabulous save from their keeper
denying a blissett near post header.
The crowd now played its part roaring on the greens for an unlikely winner and hey presto what a winner it was.
A thing of beauty. An absolutely stunning left wing cross by GC10 with a leaping rocket of a header by nathan b.
almost bursting the net.
Got a bad back i have. Leaping around like a salmon i was. Gawd didnt it hurt when i stopped. News of execeter
winning from behind me and the crowd in raptures. We are top of the league etc etc. A deep breath and a check
of the time left. 10 minutes to go so argyle rightly now just sit back and counter and see out the game reasonably
comfortably.
So here we are top of the league and the championship in our hands. Wow i never expected this from what has
been a pretty topsy turvy season from argyle. Up and down from what i have witnessed although obviously its
all the away wins thats given us this opportunity. So here we go again for yet another one.
Heres hoping. Geddon the argyle boys. One last push. :scarf:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Noticed the Herald player ratings for yesterday seemed to have been drafted by someone who wasn't at the game.

Claims Kennedy started wide right. Funny, he started left side, then played in behind Taylor centrally 1st half as we unsuccessfully tried to threaten the Alex goal, then went right as Jervis switched into the middle.

No wonder some people here refer to it as the "comic".

http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/plymouth- ... story.html

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If anyone needed convincing about Sonny Bradley's importance to this team, yesterday should have provided conclusive evidence.

Suddenly, from the 50th minute, we looked more secure at the back and, when we were awarded free kicks and corners, Crewe, who had comfortably dealt with our set pieces in the first half, pressed the panic button; obviously, Sonny's reputation had preceded him.

Particularly noticeable was his reaction when our first goal went in. No time for celebrations, Sonny is waving the team back to get the game re-started and Sarcevic is catching the ball as it bounces back from the back of the net and sprinting back to join his re-assembled colleagues.

That, for me, epitomises why Sonny Bradley should be our on field captain next season. No criticism of Luke, who could still be club captain, as he was when Curtis Nelson was our on field captain.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
cheshiregreen":th1skl97 said:
Noticed the Herald player ratings for yesterday seemed to have been drafted by someone who wasn't at the game.

Claims Kennedy started wide right. Funny, he started left side, then played in behind Taylor centrally 1st half as we unsuccessfully tried to threaten the Alex goal, then went right as Jervis switched into the middle.

No wonder some people here refer to it as the "comic".

http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/plymouth- ... story.html

And a match rating of 2/5. Surely that last quarter of the game will live long in the memory of those at Home Park.

lien60

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2006
plymouth
Was I seeing things yesterday when kennedy went off did carey get a yellow card as there is nothing in any of the reports I have seen

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Agreed the drama of last 20 mins beat last week, which while hugely enjoyable was all over once the second one went in.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
lien60":14uz53ki said:
Was I seeing things yesterday when kennedy went off did carey get a yellow card as there is nothing in any of the reports I have seen

No. Carey did get a card. Presumably for hugging Kennedy and time wasting as the change was made.

lien60

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2006
plymouth
cheshiregreen":3koyauzk said:
lien60":3koyauzk said:

No. Carey did get a card. Presumably for hugging Kennedy and time wasting as the change was made.

Thanks cheshiregren

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Nobby":1a4k14y9 said:
You don't need an armband to be a leader and Sonny is proof of that. Luke is a good captain.

Rubbish, How can he communicate with players in the other half??

Sonny or Foxy.