Brief synopsis (Maastricht 1 - 2 Argyle) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis (Maastricht 1 - 2 Argyle)

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
So, was the formation 4 - 4 - 2?

23 Luke McCormick

2 Gary Miller
4 Yann Songo'o
15 Sonny Bradley
3 Gary Sawyer

24 David Fox - Substituted by 16 Ben Purrington
18 Oscar Threlkeld
10 Graham Carey
14 Jake Jervis

7 David Goodwillie - Substituted by 11 Ryan Donaldson
9 Jimmy Spencer - Substituted by 8 Jordan Slew

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
davie nine":nomxwufy said:
I guess we all knew who would the first to try to drag the performance down.
Not a fan of BG myself but that is bordering on paranoia to jump to that conclusion from the question he posed. It was a fair question. Some have mentioned Championship level, others league 1 to 2 level which is probably nearer the mark. Anyway, a good pre season with only WBA to come when we will probably see less of the ball against a team 3 divisions higher or as some might say, almost one division ahead of us.

Thanks Mark

Mark_Smith":1gmwfu2e said:
I heard one Argyle fan ask if he could drink beer in the stands and the surprised steward said "yes, of course." And another who asked if he could smoke, and the surprised steward said "yes, of course".

I challenge anyone to read that paragraph and not go all Steve McLaren

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Please can everybody just ignore the trolls on all threads, it will minimise their impact without censorship

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
jerryatricjanner":1tkj821w said:
davie nine":1tkj821w said:
I guess we all knew who would the first to try to drag the performance down.
Not a fan of BG myself but that is bordering on paranoia to jump to that conclusion from the question he posed. It was a fair question. Some have mentioned Championship level, others league 1 to 2 level which is probably nearer the mark. Anyway, a good pre season with only WBA to come when we will probably see less of the ball against a team 3 divisions higher or as some might say, almost one division ahead of us.
Even if they were 'Conference level', this was clearly a better performance than against Torquay.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Has anyone suggested any different? They are clearly at least our standard probably a bit higher so to win at their place friendly or not is a decent performance. Does anyone know if they are as far into their pre season as us?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Look at my post that encouraged you to suggest that I was paranoid. It was BG who asked if Maastricht were Conference (National League) level.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":1f6aglfu said:
Look at my post that encouraged you to suggest that I was paranoid. It was BG who asked if Maastricht were Conference (National League) level.

Confirms what I was saying on another thread. Seems you cannot even ask a valid question or raise a concern without people calling you a troll, jumping down your throat. Many on this site are totally incapable of seeing another side to things, being objective. As an example the excuse that the pitch cost us promotion is still being trotted out.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
davie nine":3dzvvae2 said:
The paranoia comment was aimed at your claim he tried to drag the performance down. I couldn't see that, he merely asked a fair question. I can't believe the level of bickering and points scoring in what has overall been a pretty promising pre season. Some, less optimistic posters can't comment without having the cheap troll accusation thrown at them rather than debate the point made and equally the green tint jibe is thrown at more optimistic posters. Just debate the points people without resorting to cheap insults if you can't.

Mar 14, 2009
jerryatricjanner":2gb8n4yt said:
davie nine":2gb8n4yt said:
The paranoia comment was aimed at your claim he tried to drag the performance down. I couldn't see that, he merely asked a fair question. I can't believe the level of bickering and points scoring in what has overall been a pretty promising pre season. Some, less optimistic posters can't comment without having the cheap troll accusation thrown at them rather than debate the point made and equally the green tint jibe is thrown at more optimistic posters. Just debate the points people without resorting to cheap insults if you can't.

Mmmmm... that would be me.

Fair enough but when he tells you haven't been to a pre-season friendly and have, I don't feel I'm point scoring. Just putting him right. If he was posting inaccuracies about you maybe you would feel differently.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Not aimed at you at all MGM. Just an observation of what has been happening in numerous threads which have become personality battles rather than keeping on topic.

Mar 14, 2009
jerryatricjanner":2fvzlj8q said:
Not aimed at you at all MGM. Just an observation of what has been happening in numerous threads which have become personality battles rather than keeping on topic.

Noted. Just gonna try and enjoy what is left of pre-season tbh.