Brief Synopsis!!! (Newport) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Newport)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3iha0677 said:
lilcol":3iha0677 said:
Balham_Green":3iha0677 said:
Re our first goal I thought the rule had been changed. If you got a pen the player would not be sent off and punished twice as in effect the goal scoring opportunity remained.

In commentary it was stated the referee now has a choice, red or no red.

Thanks. Leaves the door open to inconsistency then I would have thought.
It's all explained here Balham:

Herald

Apr 6, 2009
Agreed there were far too many morons and one poor lady got properly hurt and a fair few others almost did.

As for the nation anthem.Newport are a welsh team in the english football league so its inevitable.
Would be better if us english had a proper english national anthem thoigh! I say this when england play northern Ireland, Scotland or wales that they just get their welsh or whichever plus the british of which they are also part of

Jan 3, 2013
Old Gunner":g4r3nxiy said:
Golden Hind":g4r3nxiy said:
The pitch looked good initially but you could tell the turf was soft and loose. It gave us problems playing it on the deck.

It seems we didn't learn our Akinfenwa lesson and let Parkin bully us at the back. Bulvitis looks a little lightweight against the bigger forwards but Bradley is a commanding centre-back with good positional awareness. I would say Luke was at fault for the goal, even if it did take an awkward bounce.

Slew could become a real asset as he settles in to life at Argyle, especially if he develops an understanding with a consistent midfield.

The play was hard to follow at such a low angle in the away end with even more confusion added by the large distances between the end of the pitch and the stands.

The first penalty was clear and the 'keeper had to go as it was a certain goal had Slew not been bundled over.

While we struggled to seize control of the game, Newport offered very little and we were trying to play the better football, even if it did not always come off.

The national anthem did make me cringe, I don't care if it always happens, it's not funny or witty or relevant. There is no strong movement for Welsh independence, they are part of the U.K. and share our Queen. That sort of puffed up terrace nationalism is exactly what makes many English football fans such an embarrassment when they travel abroad. Equally embarrassing yesterday was watching the Football Factory wannabes dancing around in their silly hard-man uniforms.

I only get to one game a season now I'm based in the US and this game was tainted by being sat amongst these morons. Their behaviour combined with an away end that was not fit for purpose resulted in people getting hurt and young kids and elderly fans getting caught up in scuffles these 'fans' were having with stewards.

I was then shouted at for not standing up (I was sitting with my dad who can't stand for a whole game) and criticized for not being a proper fan when I refused to let one of them share my seat while he hid from the stewards/police. It seems my 30 years supporting Argyle, 60 football league grounds and flights from the US to see Argyle don't qualify me as a fan until I rough up some OAP's and call some welsh fans c***s.

I also don't like that more time is spent gesturing and singing derogatory songs at the opposing fans than songs that support Argyle. When will the fools realize that the blokes standing in the other stand are exactly the same as them but happen to be born in a different town. I enjoy the banter with other teams, but unimaginative abuse gets very boring very fast.

I'm with you Golden Hind--I've been on the wrong end of some of these morons over the years. They are irredeemably stupid-invariably right wing in their views and spend far too much time with their 'mates'----
Spot on! You've changed your tune OG!

May 1, 2011
clokey84":1lhtmahq said:
football-bet-data":1lhtmahq said:
Bristol Rich":1lhtmahq said:
HC Green":1lhtmahq said:
greenSE1":1lhtmahq said:
Don't get to too many games but thoroughly enjoyed today (sat with the home supporters, £20 for a seat on the halfway line, can't grumble at that) and a match which I thought was quite even until the sending off. Thought Newport played very well and would never have guessed they were bottom of the league, although Argyle were the better side in patches.

The difference for me was that Argyle chased hard for any lost ball (something that previous Argyle sides have failed to do and always much to my annoyance e.g. Reid) and I thought our level of ball skill and awareness of space was also a little better. Carey and Jervis impressed the home supporters although imo Carey seemed to want to take too much time with his little tricks, he is good though. Reminded me of Alan Hudson of Chelsea - for those with long memories. I was impressed by Purrington. Cracking goal from their No9 whcih brought gasps from the home crowd, he reminded me of Trigger.

The ref bore the brunt of the home crowd dissatisfaction for his perceived inconsistency and some of the decisions did seem to go our way - not that I was complaining!

Green Army was in good voice but.....the English National Anthem? Only makes you realise what a dirge it is!!

All in all, a good day out and a good advert for fourth division football.

God save the Queen is not the English national anthem it is the anthem of the United Kingdom. England does not have an official national anthem.

I'm glad someone posted this, why were a minority singing the national anthem as some sort of bait or one upmanship?

Argyle fans (and almost every other club) have sung the national anthem while playing Cardiff / Swansea / Wrexham - same goes for Newport I guess. The reason is they are Welsh and have a different anthem - land of my fathers. Although based on the recent euros I'm not sure we have much to shout about. Not sure why people are surprised, it's not a new thing
Yeah I too would have thought it was obvious, has always been the case.

Yeah it was stupid years ago and it's stupid now.