Brief Synopsis!!! (Northampton) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Northampton)

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Quintrell_Green":30og7v7r said:
Steve Evans":30og7v7r said:
Knarf Reprah":30og7v7r said:
nick_PASTIE":30og7v7r said:
Saw Toums against Shrewsbury and Rochdale and way before in a game for Brentford, but can’t remember who they were playing. He’s a great acquisition in my opinion and has bought the steel to our central midfield that we desperately needed in lieu of having a decent striker and mobile full backs. He compensates a lot for our limited team and does the simple things week and covers box to box. Giving the opposition little hope of dominating central mid. They then have to go down the sides where the full backs have been told to sit back and struggle to break us down. Even Bradford were mainly restricted to long rangers.

I just can’t believe I am reading criticism of him here when he has done such an effective job.

Well done Derek for bringing him in too.

We have been dominated in central midfield by the opposition in every game I've seen this Season!
i agree.get lameiras in there derek!

He is neat and easy on the eye, but I do not see him as a ball winner. Fox is the great cover man in front of the back four. Toums drives forward from midfield, but is Lamerias the great ball winner. I fear not IMHO

I don't think he was recruited to be a ball winner--he is a clever and creative player who, on the tiny piece of playing time I've sen him involved in, can pick a pass and snap off a shot. Clearly he would need other people to do the dirty work but we are not exactly overflowing with creative talent in the team.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve Evans":29bm5j06 said:
Knarf Reprah":29bm5j06 said:
We have been dominated in central midfield by the opposition in every game I've seen this Season!

Sorry, have I slipped into some sort of alternate dimension in which our record since Toumani signed isn't... DDWDWWLW?

That's 12 points from 7 league games (plus the Cup win), which puts us in the play-offs over a whole season and currently 5th in the form table.

Before Toumani it was LLLDLLL. Both statistically and with the naked eye on a matchday, he has made a massive difference. Pasoti really is mad sometimes :crazy:

Jul 12, 2016
He may not be the swiftest but his flick ons set up a lot of our attacking play on Tuesday.Better to have somebody with a football brain than somebody more athletic running around like a headless chicken.

Mar 10, 2007
Biggs":otm0dprf said:
Steve Evans":otm0dprf said:
Knarf Reprah":otm0dprf said:

Sorry, have I slipped into some sort of alternate dimension in which our record since Toumani signed isn't... DDWDWWLW?

That's 12 points from 7 league games (plus the Cup win), which puts us in the play-offs over a whole season and currently 5th in the form table.

Before Toumani it was LLLDLLL. Both statistically and with the naked eye on a matchday, he has made a massive difference. Pasoti really is mad sometimes :crazy:

Never let facts get in the way of a good whinge!!

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Biggs":1240k0n6 said:
Steve Evans":1240k0n6 said:
Knarf Reprah":1240k0n6 said:

Biggs - I've long since concluded that some on here are enjoying a persistent recreational wind-up.